• Saturdays - Between 3:00PM - 5:00PM PST

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Saturdays - Between 5:00PM - 7:00PM PST

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Saturdays - Between 7:00PM - 9:00PM PST

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well my Vette is fast I would like to run a full season with it, and I do not feel like spending 200k on a new lambo, but my choice is final for better or worse lol Uncle "Mercedes" Benz ftw(at least once)

So you're going to run the Z06 or the SLS?

I hope the Corvette specs are rectified from season 1...Maybe the new parts that can be installed (diff,etc) will help it.

I thought there was a big difference just adding the diff at default settings, rear end felt a lot more tame.

You know, it seems like we were just at Grand Valley. I think we need something a little different......

ExhibitionRace-LagunaSeca.jpg

YEAH!!!!!!!! Love the track,the very place where Jan Magnussen and Jorg Bergmiester duked it out in the GT2 series,Porsche vs the factory Corvette team...But am afraid there will be chaos at the corkscrew.:P

YEAH!!!!!!!! Love the track,the very place where Jan Magnussen and Jorg Bergmiester duked it out in the GT2 series,Porsche vs the factory Corvette team...But am afraid there will be chaos at the corkscrew.:P

Don't forget the Andretti Hairpin! Sure to be a game of dodgeball into turn one. Just remember; dodge, duck, dip, dive and......dodge!

WhoAteMyRice
I'm gonna stick it out with my Benz, the Vette would be cheap since i can run an insane lap time on suzuka lol

Lol don't play the elitist card on me! I dare you to use that Vette! Lol jk your a beast in the SLS also all the cars will show the strength on different tracks and I believe your SLS displays it's strength in high speed corners with the additional downforce it has. I know I'm going to be missing the downforce of my 430 ;( I'm willing to donate my 430 to anyone just to see it's legendary color on the field.

Last edited:
I should be able to make it as well. I'll have to remember to leave a meetup for the anime club I'm with early so that I can make it home in time for the Exhibition/Pre-Season race.

In the meantime, I'm breaking in my brand new Bay Side Blue Not-Quite-Sumo-Powered GT-R SpecV with a 4 Hour Endurance on the Nurburgring with a little help from 4 of my Bob's. ;)

Just got a new wheel and rig. Going to start using tonight and hope I can get used to it by Sat. Everyone says i'll be faster. I hope thats true.

Just got a new wheel and rig. Going to start using tonight and hope I can get used to it by Sat. Everyone says i'll be faster. I hope thats true.

It definatly takes some getting used too. Was practicing at Grand Valley this morning with the Ford GT and was still 2 sec. off my qualifying time in the RUF RGT from last season. I've probably only got about 12 hrs, if that, total practice with the wheel though and that was with a good tune on the RUF, didn't get much chance to play with the GT's settings. I was consistent though and I know where I'm losing the time. Problem is I'm so timid under braking 'cause I'm so afraid the tail will step out and I won't be able to catch it. Also that was the track I had my best showing on last season with the RUF, think that track suited the RUF's handling.

What wheel you got?

Last edited:
Have you tried drift with lower powered cars? It helped me greatly catch the back end of most cars MR's are still tricky tho. Give it a shot it's a lot of fun also don't Aleah use the handbrake just try to slide your way around for a bit.

Looking forward to getting another season going. We had some great racing last year and can't wait to see how this season shapes out with the new cars.

In preparation for tomorrow, would just like to post a reminder for all drivers to do a quick review of the GTP OLR guidelines, be it a first time read or just a refresher.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=111241

Want to ensure this series is enjoyable and challenging for all drivers, regardless of skill level.

Thanks for everyone that has signed up so far, look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow.

It definatly takes some getting used too. Was practicing at Grand Valley this morning with the Ford GT and was still 2 sec. off my qualifying time in the RUF RGT from last season. I've probably only got about 12 hrs, if that, total practice with the wheel though and that was with a good tune on the RUF, didn't get much chance to play with the GT's settings. I was consistent though and I know where I'm losing the time. Problem is I'm so timid under braking 'cause I'm so afraid the tail will step out and I won't be able to catch it. Also that was the track I had my best showing on last season with the RUF, think that track suited the RUF's handling.

What wheel you got?

Driving force GT. Our maint. manaqger made a rig for himselfe and once I saw it I told him he should make more and sell them on ebay. So he made like three more and had better pics and when I saw them I baught one sight unseen.

He brought it down to my house and I set it up last night when I got home. I knew what to expect so I wasn't disapointed when I was having a hard time. But today with a little more practice I was a couple sec's off my best time @ Laguna. Really like using a wheel. And the breaking is giving me a hard time also.

Going to try a 1 setting on the brakes when I get home seeing I have such a lead foot. lol

Driving force GT. Our maint. manaqger made a rig for himselfe and once I saw it I told him he should make more and sell them on ebay. So he made like three more and had better pics and when I saw them I baught one sight unseen.

He brought it down to my house and I set it up last night when I got home. I knew what to expect so I wasn't disapointed when I was having a hard time. But today with a little more practice I was a couple sec's off my best time @ Laguna. Really like using a wheel. And the breaking is giving me a hard time also.

Going to try a 1 setting on the brakes when I get home seeing I have such a lead foot. lol

I blame myself really for refusing to change old driving habits I got way back on the 1st GT game before we had anolog sticks. and triggers. My driving style and controller arrangement is going to mean I'll need more time than the average person to get used to the wheel. This is because I did convert to using anolog for gas and brake but I never stopped using the D-pad for steering. I've always been to stubborn and just fast enough to get by with it. Been using Right stick for gas and Right trigger for brake since GT3, except for when I had a Driving Force Pro for a little while on GT4. But I never got really good with that 'cause I didn't ever get around to getting or making a good solid rig before I sold it to a buddy of mine and the physics in GT5 are way different anway. I've always been to much of a (late trail braker) while the wheel requires you to be much smoother, slower in and faster out, which in turn will be faster and is much more realistic, as you don't see real life race cars sliding into all the corners, well except for rally drivers. Just have to re-learn all those braking points for the wheel. Right now I'm adjusting and still braking way too early which is killing my lap times. But driving wise I've already seen improvement in mid corner and exit speeds but have to figure out the new braking points for each track. That's the biggy.

Oh, and I've always had the ABS set to 1.

Last edited:
I'm interested, still dont know what car to use for the championship. I'll let you know!

I'll need around 10 minutes,bro is on the PS3.:(
You could set up a room first though.
Edit;Did a 1.27 dead on the 4th lap

Last edited:
Been getting pretty low 1:27's with the McLaren so should be a bit faster come race time.

Can't make the test room sorry Phil, gotta run so I set bobs the challenge of winning the 24 hours of Le Mans :scared:

Kso I did a 10 lapper with my rotten pumpkin(SLS) on mazda
500hp
504ft-lbs torque
1350kgs

fastest lap time-1:25.947
fastest sector lap-21.839,20.810,17.728,25.130 for a 1:25.507

PS- should I test my vette and make the SLS the same or leave it like that :P
also I hope you guys are trying lol

this track is fairly tricky because i cannot get a good race line through the whole course, usually the turns are, the 1st right turn, and the turns before and after the corkscrew, only slid off once in that run at 'er, also sector times are less than .1 off when i am consistent

Don't know what you mean by "make the same" but you MUST leave the car's EXACTLY according to the specs,only tuning is allowed.
If you're concerned about it's pace things should all be sorted by the race.

I haven't practiced at all this week in going to get some last minute practice tonight before the race.

Also to the newcomers, this is a series where it's open to any racing skill level the only this we ask is be a clean and fair racer. Also we ask to follow the GTP OLR Rules. If all that is followed then we are going to have another great series. Good luck to everyone tonight!

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back