GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
im using a DS3 and i have only just changed my throttle control's. i have been using (pre GT5) X and square and left and right on the keypad. i had either full lock or no lock. i had been using that since f1 98 and it worked a treat. until tyre wear was implemented in games :lol:. now i use stick for steering, and R/L2 for throttle and brake. it is so hard to put a little bit of throttle on. you put 10% down, get about 15/20% throttle. put 25% down and it suddenly spikes up to 70/80%. horrible. i am tempted to try and get an Xbox controller to configure to GT5. did you know that the R2 (they call it right trigger...idiots) has 256 sensors in the back. it has 256 throttle positions which is almost as many as my old wheel. anyway, im rambling on now :lol:

Have any of the DS3 guys ever tried these?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/PDP+-+B...on+3/9257582.p?id=1218070096678&skuId=9257582

It might make gas and brake with R2 and L2 more usable.

I've tried those n don't like them. I have a nice callaus on my thumb from playing bass guitar, so I don't mind 500mile races, its like the length of a show lol. Plus I like R2/L2 for shifting. DoWhat uses those button kickers, he loves them. I hate them.

And yes, I drive with full lock or no lock too.

When I'm pushing a car in front of me around daytona, ssrx n indy for example I never let off gas. But I will tap my brakes to make quick adjustments so I don't overrun the car I'm pushing.

I normally do the same thing at Daytona to keep from running over a car in front of me in a turn when I have a huge run from drafting. It's usually just enough of a tap of the brakes to put a tiny gap between myself and the car in front, so I can line up our bumpers better before delivering a bump.

I've never had to do the same at Indy, because you're usually better off just letting off of the gas and rolling through the corner to save tires. I've never done it at SSRX because there isn't much bumping in the corners there.

I normally do the same thing at Daytona to keep from running over a car in front of me in a turn when I have a huge run from drafting. It's usually just enough of a tap of the brakes to put a tiny gap between myself and the car in front, so I can line up our bumpers better before delivering a bump.

I've never had to do the same at Indy, because you're usually better off just letting off of the gas and rolling through the corner to save tires. I've never done it at SSRX because there isn't much bumping in the corners there.

Well at Indy when I'm bumping lap for lap in the corners I do this which is becoming less often and at SSRX you are right about the corner there but not when we had a six man team n I was the third car down the straights. Now I think you remember doing that, right?

Yea i tried. But i definitely can't drive with those buttons. I use "x / square" and L2/R2 for gearing since GT1 and i'm too used to it. I can't change :(

it took me about 2 weeks to get used to new buttons. i did it earlier this year because i was doing a series with ABS off. it works for GT5, but as soon as you go to a game with different controls :mad:

gokartman78
i am tempted to try and get an Xbox controller to configure to GT5. did you know that the R2 (they call it right trigger...idiots) has 256 sensors in the back. it has 256 throttle positions which is almost as many as my old wheel. anyway, im rambling on now :lol:
There is an xcm converter that allows you connect an Xbox controller to the Ps3. I did that with Dirt2, it worked wonders.

i am tempted to try and get an Xbox controller to configure to GT5. did you know that the R2 (they call it right trigger...idiots) has 256 sensors in the back. it has 256 throttle positions which is almost as many as my old wheel. anyway, im rambling on now :lol:

Get a DFGT, or, if you've got the money, a Fanatic Carrera wheel, would love one of those.:drool:

Get a DFGT, or, if you've got the money, a Fanatic Carrera wheel, would love one of those.:drool:

im cheap :lol:. got no monay :P. i will see about getting a wheel, although that means that as soon as i get one, i can no longer use my controller as an axcuse for doing badly :lol:

DFGTs can be found for as little as £40-50 sometimes even less ;).

paulmac2k9
DFGTs can be found for as little as £40-50 sometimes even less ;).

Every time I find a used old DFGT on eBay, the bidders have to start a bid-war to the point where it's almost as much as a brand new one. :banghead:

If you catch them in the sales they're cheap cheap cheap even when new.

Got mine for £90 brand new at Argos.

Argos = Uk, Gokart = Uk :sly:. I got mine over 2 years ago at Gamestation for £70 :).

Cowboys965
Yes, but then they'll charge you $100 in shipping.

Well, it was free delivery because I live in the UK and uh...Argos is in the UK as well :lol:

Also one of the better mods for DFGT:

feff471f.jpg

451b3822.jpg

Made those, however there is some place(s) online that sell them.

As well the brake spring mod is decent. I'd try rubber hose that slides over spring end then another bigger over that one. Both sides. Should give very similar effect as bending spring. ;)

I would do some ASpec or Seasonals in a low-ish powered event to get comfortable, then just increase your way up.

It may take a day or two to get used to it but as a karter you should little issue with it all 👍

thankyou for the advice. i was thinking to jump in at the deep end and do the the next preseason as the first time using it lol.

also those pics just loaded up owen, and thy look brilliant. might have to make some of them. they look really useful! and realistic!

Never driven a car before in my life but I picked it up pretty much instantly. It's very intuitive really, hard to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back