GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I expect a good competitive season this time around. You have Trynor, the returning NW S1 champ; smuffy who won 1 or 2 races n dominated NW in the first half of the season; then myself, have been in 3 SC seasons with 2 being as an owner. Then there's a couple of rookies like ItsVanilla n james6653 who need to show where they stand. Can't forget shout outs to returning NW S1 such as Chqr n Cowboys, they got game too. Now I wish it was as easy as that but then u have the TOCA n PURE rookies in our series. They will make it very interesting.

I have raced with Owens before n he's on top of his game, so don't doubt him. I also was looking over the average finishes of the PURE guys on their website. Some impressive numbers from Owens n Paul. And of course you can't forget Spurgy who's dominating FRL. And neljack who might show promise as he moves up from the Trucks series. So its a very interesting field to say the least. All with high expectations.

But will need luck the most, n you will need to count on it. Looks to be very competitive! Very excited to see how the first half of the season unfolds. I for one have big expectations but will let my results do the talking. One thing that worries me in here is the inexperience with nascars from most of the rookies, I get really p****d when a newb wrecks me more than once.

EDIT: question - what time is saturdays preseason race at Indy? I have dowhat coming by to see this n need to give him a headsup.

And do you guys want stats? Combined career or NW career or S2 NW only? I'm only doing one type of stats so I would like to know. Thanks.

Last edited:
Don't worry about my wrecking anyone, on ovals, I will be extremely cautious when it comes to bump drafting etc and I have a good record for being the wreckee not the wrecker lol.

Also hope the phantom lag I had on lap 1-2 says away, it's annoying as it goes away after those 2 laps.. :ouch:.

Mule just need to provide an oval setup for me to try as I have zero idea on what to do for oval setups :dunce:.

Edit: Also thanks Ken for the nice words about my finishes in PURE but generally I finish mid pack :lol:. Think my best result was 4th in the CALM enduro at Spa :dopey:. Also a few 2nds vs RT in Mules Integras ;).

Don't worry about my wrecking anyone, on ovals, I will be extremely cautious when it comes to bump drafting etc and I have a good record for being the wreckee not the wrecker lol.

Also hope the phantom lag I had on lap 1-2 says away, it's annoying as it goes away after those 2 laps.. :ouch:.

Mule just need to provide an oval setup for me to try as I have zero idea on what to do for oval setups :dunce:.

Edit: Also thanks Ken for the nice words about my finishes in PURE but generally I finish mid pack :lol:. Think my best result was 4th in the CALM enduro at Spa :dopey:. Also a few 2nds vs RT in Mules Integras ;).

Check out my tuning thread for a general setup to get you racing with the lead pack. Mule can help you take it from there. And I look at your PURE stats not all on the numbers but by the names of the drivers you are racing. To admit it but when I seen half of those names, I said to myself that I could never have a chance against with about 5-10 of those guys. I once joined an ARSA race with Owens n faired well, check my sig. And I also raced with him again for a minute in ORCA but couldn't fair well against those guys in their Alfas n dropped out. So that says more about you than anything.

And do you guys want stats? Combined career or NW career or S2 NW only? I'm only doing one type of stats so I would like to know. Thanks.

If you'll keep track of NW-only stats (for both years), that would be great. I have SC covered. Furi should be able to put together some truck series stats, if needed. Trying to keep track of stats across all three series will be just too much for one person, as all three leagues combine to run 38 races this upcoming season. Plus, it's hard to combine truck stats with SC/NW since there are no lap leader stats for Trucks.

Plus, it's hard to combine truck stats with SC/NW since there are no lap leader stats for Trucks.

Exactly why I thought of not doing the combined. But I do like the combined because it could go with the whole GTP NASCAR Association thread ....:lightbulb: lol idk that one......but that could be something to put up in there? What u think?

As long as we have stats for all series separately, we shouldn't need a huge stats sheet for all of them combined, which would just be cluttered.

Paul, between me, Joe and Ryan, you'll be good set-up wise, Paul. Don't worry.

I'll more than likely be sitting this race out and just hosting, since I'll probably be wheeless.

Any tips for finding a cheap DFGT? :D

You got a seat, wheel, and stand for the price of a used DFGT here, because of stupid bidding wars raise the price to where it's almost as much as a new wheel.

go on Ebay, if you cant find any US ones try the UK. it may take a while to post but i think they are cheaper here.

gokartman78
go on Ebay, if you cant find any US ones try the UK. it may take a while to post but i think they are cheaper here.

He should also try craigslist. You would Be surprised what you will find on there.

As well just look around Sim forums classifieds.

Mule. What wheel did you send in? I've got a DFGT that is less the. Two years old that has quit. I'd like to send it in and get it fixed as a back up plan for my kids or myself.

G27. Was still under warranty, which is why I'm able to return it.

Guys, was doing some tyre wear tests at Daytona and found I that tyres lasted longer than fuel, is that normal? Tyres were pretty much empty but they were still holding.

Guys, was doing some tyre wear tests at Daytona and found I that tyres lasted longer than fuel, is that normal? Tyres were pretty much empty but they were still holding.

Wait until you get to SSRX. :lol:

SSRX the tyres should still last longer than the fuel right? Its just a straight line.

Yes. You will definitely pit for fuel before tires at SSRX. Once you get in a large pack at Daytona, you'll gain speed, and wind up pitting for tires before fuel. You really need to test for Daytona with about 5-6 cars if you want to make a safe plan for race conditions. You can't test at Daytona by yourself and get useful information.

So how long you expecting to go in a stint at Daytona, 60 laps or so with fuel saving?

Ha! I would love to see someone pull 60 laps at race pace. More like 40 laps bro. Solo pace compared to race pace at daytona is totally different.

Oh right, bit confused now, the fuel lasted till the last corner of lap 52, and the tyres still had a little life left in them...

Presume that was running solo?

You get far less tyre life in race conditions. 52 is still a good solo number though, albeit Nationwide specs.

Oh right, bit confused now, the fuel lasted till the last corner of lap 52, and the tyres still had a little life left in them...

Once you get in a large pack at Daytona, you'll gain speed, and wind up pitting for tires before fuel. You really need to test for Daytona with about 5-6 cars if you want to make a safe plan for race conditions. You can't test at Daytona by yourself and get useful information.

Solo conditions in no way replicate race conditions. In the draft, you'll gain a lot more speed, and eat through your tires a lot faster than you will in solo testing.

To spurgy, put it this way. Laptimes in a pack are 2 sec faster than the avg 50sec lap solo. That's a 4% increase in speed or inadvertidly "tire life". So if u do the math, you are looking at a max of 44 laps possible. But you will need to learn to conserve resources in a big pack to even see that number. If you don't conserve, you may not even see 40 laps. I hope that helps you.

But do note that more laps are acheiveable if you go with a slower race setup but sacrifice loosing draft or time if driving lonesome.

And adding some aero will improve your tyre wear too :) I wouldn't run more than about 3/4 on each end though.

Oh, I did a test in free run by myself which is where I got the 52 laps, but just finished a 50 lap race with a friend bump drafting to simulate race conditions to an extent.
Tyre wear was slightly higher like you said, ran it down to pretty much black instead of having a little under 5% left like in free run, car still felt planted, running pretty much identical times at the end as I was at the beginning, lost a tenth or two that's it.
And Joe, I was running full downforce, figured with draft you don't need low downforce, and it protects tyres.

It's a massive risk running full downforce in a race mind you Spurgy because if you come off pit lane with only 1-2 cars with full downforce or god forbid, solo, you'll get absolutely crushed by a pack of the same number running lower downforce, however hard you guys push.

It's also much harder to get a run on anyone if you are running high downforce. You wouldn't be able to save much fuel because you'd have to be on full throttle more often to keep up.

My laptop doesn't like pdfs see can't open em :lol: ... :ouch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back