GTP Nascar Nationwide Preseason Thread | Spurgy wins on rims!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 725 comments

What will we do for round 4?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Took me a good 2 weeks to be faster on it than on my controller, then and good month or two before I was up to the speed I am now, on average a 1/2 - 1 second a lap faster than on my controller. First time I got my wheel I was practising for Monaco in the FGTC and couldn't a lap without crashing for a couple of days :) Also, don't expect it to feel anything like a kart, the wheels are quit insensitive compared to real life, not much feel in them at all.

Took me a good 2 weeks to be faster on it than on my controller, then and good month or two before I was up to the speed I am now, on average a 1/2 - 1 second a lap faster than on my controller. First time I got my wheel I was practising for Monaco in the FGTC and couldn't a lap without crashing for a couple of days :) Also, don't expect it to feel anything like a kart, the wheels are quit insensitive compared to real life, not much feel in them at all.

ok, i have seen a few mods already that i might make. i would like a heavy brake and throttle pedal :lol:. Race on at Indy boys :sly:

I was pretty fast with a DS3 before I got the DFGT, nowhere near as fast as now but I wasn't un-competitive and was always able to drive reasonably and be spectacular at overtaking.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=131934

There's results from a TT there, those drivers were insanely quick, DOUQA is the fastest guy I've ever raced with, even faster then those PURE guys. Dessy 182 has qualified for the Euro GT Academy finals and the National finals 3 times. Those guys were fast, they helped me get faster by quite a bit and I once almost got pole against Jamie-C and PJ-GM amongst others, some of which were in that, at Monaco, but I binned it.:P This was on a separate site, which is now deleted from the Web so it can't be found, but I finished 2nd IIRC. Then I got my wheel in Christmas 2010 with GT5, so I never had GT5 with a DS3 so it was probably easier to get used to, but still tough enough, couldn't handle the Civic '97(starter car) in the Sunday Cup.:P I had to change to Professional on the wheel and I went for some Arcade against the crappiest AI setting until I got used to the settings(had looked up before hand and knew that Pro setting and FFB at 7 was supposedly ideal) I gradually improved, doing the odd races from site to site, not really much, until the summer where I was in a lot of series and really improved myself. Dug up this post which showed my improvement just from racing in different series.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=7027418#post7027418 Same specs, cars etc. And by now I'm probably another half second better.

And then once you get the time you learn ways of going faster and saving tyres.(you will destroy tyres for a bit once you start :D)

awesome, hoping to get a bit of an advantage from it :D. hoping i can save some tyres with it :lol:

gokartman78
ok, i have seen a few mods already that i might make. i would like a heavy brake and throttle pedal :lol:. Race on at Indy boys :sly:

Gas pedal. I'd try stock for a bit first. I really never felt the need to stiffen it. As well you are always on it. So stiffer would mean more fatigue.

Gas pedal. I'd try stock for a bit first. I really never felt the need to stiffen it. As well you are always on it. So stiffer would mean more fatigue.

okay, just though about the possibility of doing 500 miles flat out with a heavy throttle. no chance :lol:. i will try the foam ball behind the brake pedal though, that looks useful

I know you guys are very involved in NASCAR series since a long time. But maybe it's the time to try something else, isn't it?

PURE | Lotus Elise '96 RM Spec racing league - LILOO

No offence, but if I were to do a one-make series, I'd definitely go for something that is not PURE.

As for other news, because these cars feel like something horribly worse from the previous season, I'll most likely only do oval races this season when replacing people.

Ah, it's just my instinct to stay away from all-professional series. Well, except for SC lol, but that's something where almost anyone can get a good finish with a proper strategy. :dopey:

Carb, the amount you moan about other series, you're the type of guy that would want a super-cereal Pure series.

I might do it if it's Thursday Litchi.👍

Carb, the amount you moan about other series, you're the type of guy that would want a super-cereal Pure series.

At least I'm not Dax who is never happy in TOCA if he doesn't win!!!

gokartman78
okay, just though about the possibility of doing 500 miles flat out with a heavy throttle. no chance :lol:. i will try the foam ball behind the brake pedal though, that looks useful

Any tips for finding a cheap DFGT? :D

You got a seat, wheel, and stand for the price of a used DFGT here, because of stupid bidding wars raise the price to where it's almost as much as a new wheel.

Exactly Akmuq :lol: ... It's PURE discrimination!! :P.

Don't mind Carb. He's just scared of us, and scared of the possibility of having to race against Adam, Tony and various GT Academy finalists. ;)

MÜLE_9242;7414096
Don't mind Carb. He's just scared of us, and scared of the possibility of having to race against Adam, Tony and various GT Academy finalists. ;)

Bring them to the ovals and we'll see how they do. :dopey:

Gloves are off...

Carbonox
Bring them to the ovals and we'll see how they do. :dopey:

Gloves are off...

Careful what you ask for. Never know how deep oval racing runs through some PURE racers. ;)

All in good fun. I sure didn't show well at Motegi.

Carbonox
Can someone tell what PURE stands for anyway, if it does? :dopey:

Pure Unbelievable Racing Experiences? :dopey:

It's in Litchi's sig but it is; PURE RACING EVOLUTION.

I would love to get as many PURE guys in our NASCAR leagues as possible. It can only make the overall quality of racing better. 👍

I'm in PURE.

Are you?

ahah. All I know from you is that you're a flooder, you post every days, everytime. But in your last hundred posts, no one is on a PURE thread...
All you do is posting and signing up everywhere you can.
But i admit I never seen you race somewhere and all guys who know me definitely know that i'm very often online for racing, so much more than i post on gtplanet.

I'm in PURE and proud to be. I don't think you're, sorry.

Last edited:
I'm not in PURE. I'm holding the second-hand TOCA flag up :gtpflag: :lol: , for all amateur race drivers who can;t afford wheels and time for multi class quali procedures! :lol:

But seriously, those PURE guys, some of them are on another level.

I'm not in PURE. I'm holding the second-hand TOCA flag up :gtpflag: :lol: , for all amateur race drivers who can;t afford wheels and time for multi class quali procedures! :lol:

But seriously, those PURE guys, some of them are on another level.

And I'm holding up...

The Swift flag!! :gtpflag: Woo!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back