GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
There's a really good chance we'll spend the next 2-3 Saturdays testing as a group, before actual points racing continues. Feel free to test independently, and bring any and all ideas to our Saturday sessions.

Do Sport Softs have the same wear as before or have they been increased as well?

If they haven't been changed that would be a far better option than a softer tire. But if it was up to me, I wouldn't change the spec mid season, like tom said.

And we DON'T need to postpone the season.

I doubt we need to postpone although it seems to be the better option ATM.

How many of you can be online tonight? Try a 40 lap race at Indy and see how the wear is then. Then maybe change specs in free run etc and see how things go.

The quicker we try do something the quicker we find a solution.

No matter what happens there's going to be big changes.

a) We keep the same. Tyre life increases two fold, races quickly become about fuel rather then tyre life.

b) We change specs, softer tyres means faster laps, but the fast guys are always gonna be fast anyway right? More power leads to the chance of more crashes.

c) We do Knelly's idea, but only problem is out of the box strategy's are gone.

I suggest b). Pump the power up too say somewhere between 550 and 600bhp, put medium tyres on.

Power will make cars faster to wear tyres if driven carelessly. mediums will wear faster then hards and give more grip, but at least we are not on softs. To me personally this seems like a good idea. Oh and keep Daytona at 502bhp and on hards as in real life it's restricted power there anyway and drivers sometimes come in for fuel only, so even though we take tyres anyway it in a way makes it slightly more realistic.

But I dunno, most will probably dislike this idea but there's only one way to try find the solution, and that's to get together and test. Which brings me back to the first question of this post. Who can be on at 9 tonight to test for a solution?

MÜLE_9242;7656892
Do Sport Softs have the same wear as before or have they been increased as well?

If they haven't been changed that would be a far better option than a softer tire. But if it was up to me, I wouldn't change the spec mid season, like tom said.

Agreed. There's no need to postpone. It's a little too much of a knee jerk reaction. Trucks & NW are going ahead as usual, what need is there to postpone SC? Also I have always suggested 552hp for Daytona and SSRX.

Agreed. There's no need to postpone. It's a little too much of a knee jerk reaction. Trucks & NW are going ahead as usual, what need is there to postpone SC? Also I have always suggested 552hp for Daytona and SSRX.

Just 502hp makes us go ~320-330kmh in the draft at Daytona though, no reason to make it any faster...

MÜLE_9242

Mentioned the Sports tyres earlier in the thread as well but that was also ignored.

But agree with all above. We don't need to change compound, race length, or postpone at all in my opinion. And I have provided two perfectly reasonable alternatives to assist with this.

It would also mean only slight tweak changes required (if at all - not been on to test personally yet), rather than having to get used to new tyres and/or power, mid season.

Seems completely logical to me.

Just 502hp makes us go ~320-330kmh in the draft at Daytona though, no reason to make it any faster...

Since the 2011 aero packages speeds at Daytona rose to around 206mph, up to 211 - 45 seconds was pole time at the 2011 Budweiser Shootout

Matty is dead on here, race is horsepower and change to medium tires so we are all happy.

Why change...

Why change...

Well I dunno if you noticed but there was a update, and everything is different now. So like even if my idea isn't used we will have to change something at some point.

Only problem is we already know not everyone's gonna be happy with whats done. I liked your idea for the most part, but it just constricts the strategy.

Well I dunno if you noticed but there was a update, and everything is different now. So like even if my idea isn't used we will have to change something at some point.

End of season then. F1 doesn't change the whole tyre compound system and deigns structure mid season. Neither does NASCAR.

End of season then. F1 doesn't change the whole tyre compound system and deigns structure mid season. Neither does NASCAR.

But tyres don't 'update' and be able to make double the distance then they were able to before either.

We have to look at the bigger picture.

Even if we don't want to change tyres there gonna be different.

No change: They become in a simple way of saying it Duracell tyres, going twice as far as any other brand.

Change: They become 5-hour energy tyres that give more to the car but don't last as long in comparison.

Anyway have a Qualifying session on iRacing to attend so see you in about 15-20 minutes.

But tyres don't 'update' and be able to ,ake double the distance then they were able to before either.

We have to look at the bigger picture.

Even if we don't want to change tyres there gonna be different.

So just run with it. If we're all such good drivers we should be able to adapt.

So just run with it. If we're all such good drivers we should be able to adapt.

Furi, everything you've said so far I could use on my side and it would make a very valid point.

So what you said but with the change on my side, blah, blah, blah.

Furi, everything you've said so far I could use on my side and it would make a very valid point.

So what you said but with the change on my side, blah, blah, blah.

Because its a fact. I am saying there is no need to change mid season. And certainly not a point in postponing the whole series.

You're all overreacting. There is no need to change anything midsession. Goodyear aka PD have given all of us their next generation Nascar tire. We deal with it for now, and if we want to change to something else, do it for next season.

No reason to change compounds, no reason to raise power, no reason to mandate pitstops. Nothing.

Because its a fact. I am saying there is no need to change mid season.

I'm only trying to bring strategy back into it without overly compromising the whole thing. Things have changed, and I'm fairly confident most here would like them to go back the way they were.

And certainly not a point in postponing the whole series.

I never said there was and tried to make a point as to how we could stop a postponement.

MÜLE_9242;7657037
You're all overreacting. There is no need to change anything midsession. Goodyear aka PD have given all of us their next generation Nascar tire. We deal with it for now, and if we want to change to something else, do it for next season.

No reason to change compounds, no reason to raise power, no reason to mandate pitstops. Nothing.

Amen, this 1000 times.

Please stop trying to change things.

MÜLE_9242

I'm all for this!

MÜLE_9242;7657037

MULE for the first time ever I agree with you 110%! 👍

MÜLE_9242;7657037

Game, set, match.

Once the season is over, I'll be the first to lobby for more power and/or Sport Softs (depending on wear). I did it before this season started.

But nothing mid season.

I wasn't trying to change the series, I was simply trying to suggest ways that we could keep the stints and strategy the same without overly compromising the way the car drove.

That's all I was trying to say.

MÜLE_9242;7657066
Once the season is over, I'll be the first to lobby for more power and/or Sport Softs (depending on wear). I did it before this season started.

But nothing mid season.

Game, set, match and tournament. 👍

I am all in favor for not changing anything mid-season. The problem is that PD changed everything mid-season, and there's nothing we can do about it. All of the race distances are completely worthless now, as each race was specifically planned to offer two competing pit strategies. None of the races can now run as designed, and the style of racing is likely to dramatically change to a fuel-conserving snoozefest, which, to me, is not racing.

I wish there was a setting for "old physics" or "new physics" or for "tirewear off" vs "tirewear on" vs "tirewear x2."

I am all in favor for not changing anything mid-season. The problem is that PD changed everything mid-season, and there's nothing we can do about it. All of the race distances are completely worthless now, as each race was specifically planned to offer two competing pit strategies. None of the races can now run as designed, and the style of racing is likely to dramatically change to a fuel-conserving snoozefest, which, to me, is not racing.

I wish there was a setting for "old physics" or "new physics" or for "tirewear off" vs "tirewear on" vs "tirewear x2."

I actually don't see snooze-fest. Sure there will be some fuel saving, but it enables people to push a lot harder. You'll get some who save and try and go full distance, and those who push all the time and might have to force a stop. But agreed on the settings comments.

That's what I myself hate about the updates - they're always forced and don't give an option to revert back to what we used to have.

SSRX was gonna be a snooze fest regardless. Indy would be a bit harder to save fuel than the others I would think. Thats it for the grand slams.

Make the other races 10% longer if need be. But don't change the cars.

Back