GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Tested @ Indy
Did 31 laps on softs on SC specs
Used similar setup from last race except put lower downforce.
I ran 51.9s pre-2.08 with full aero
Ran 52.5 as best lap with reduced aero currently.
Was there more grip? Yea
Is this extra grip the price to pay so we don't all run 50-60 lap stints on ovals? I don't know. Clearly you guys don't think so.

I assume so, how about we do a couple of them tonight? Would be good to get an idea of what's going to change at Daytona/Motegi/Indy first of all.

So Drop, now we can do qualifying while every other car on the track is a ghost.
BUT, let's say you put up a killer time and get a top 3 in qualifying. BUT you'll have to back out of the race and turn back on collisions. Are you ok with starting every race in last place Drop?!

Why not just set 'no collisions' on and do a 15 minute qualifying session in race mode? You get a replay too which is a plus.

EDIT: Better still, do a formation lap. I think we should be doing this anyway due to the stupid race starts GT5 has (Motegi 300 anybody?).

Just bought a Turtle Beach Ear Force P11 with birthday money.

Know it's not the best out there but excited nonetheless.

Getting some productive testing despite 6-wide under caution :lol:

Tyres will last waaay longer than fuel. Fact. After 10 laps barely 5% wear. After 5 wrecks by lap 40 only just 50%.

At Daytona: 64 laps made fuel conserving the whole race until 0 fuel. Tires could've easily made 80 laps.
I find it hard to believe you guys would still want to keep hard tires.

At Daytona: 64 laps made fuel conserving the whole race until 0 fuel. Tires could've easily made 80 laps.
I find it hard to believe you guys would still want to keep hard tires.

Mediums then. But softs? No way.

Sorry guys, had hassle trying to figure out the turtle beach. Think it's all working now but obv too late for practice.

Just home and annoyingly sober. Also my powers out so yeah.. Gonna be a long night..

Furinkazen
Not sober enough to stop fiddling with wires then? :lol:

Ah actually completely 100% sober. Ended up looking after a load of drunks all night.. And the lights are out 15 miles from home too as they went out in the town for ~20s before the towns generators came on.

Akmuq
Same, had one and had to leave, at like half 9.:grumpy:

Power was out for ages over here as well...

Okay that's like 30 miles from my house.. :nervous:

Okay that's like 30 miles from my house.. :nervous:

Sounds like England is invading so they decided to plunge you into darkness before they send the cavalry in; batten down the hatches boys.

This seems the best way forward for Indy, following my first test.

Makes the Major a 4 stopper and the Finale a 2 stopper.

Good luck to those attempting 40 lap stints.

I still want to know if Sport Softs stayed the same or changed along with the Racing tires, as they only had slightly better wear than Racing Hards pre-update (and only slightly less grip).

If we do move to Mediums on ovals, I absolutely want to keep Hards on the road courses.

Back