GTP NASCAR Sprint Cup S4 Champs: Akmuq, Hendrick, Chevrolet

• Thread starter Niop
  • 3,170 comments
Totally screwed up when I caught joe's front putting him the pit wall. The uproar was a bit over the top to be honest but i'll accept any punishment that Niop deems necessary. From lap 15 I knew I would be last, tyres were bad. But i though I'd just keep going on as there is no point in quitting. Finished 5 laps down but still, finished a grand slam. Now I have to be best of the rest and 9th again.

Congrats to Knelly and everyone in the chase, see you for those races :cheers:

So all that prep talk for you to finish last?

Don't forget 5 laps down... Furi all talk and no go as per normal :sly:, spammer can't drive ;).

RPH told me the results.

I assume the chase is:

Niop
Matty
RPH
MULE
Spurgy
Joe
Knelly
Akmuq

Am I right? Order obviously isn't important for me atm.

MÜLE_9242;7860635
Furi was almost James mode there.

lol @ "over the top"

Not even bothering rising to that one Mule. Bored of your attempts at provoking me. I don't start and park as I can't be bothered, and I can actually drive a stock car. Seriously we are not all perfect and make mistakes. Remember that.

MÜLE_9242;7860635
Furi was almost James mode there.

lol @ "over the top"

Look who's talking... The guy who had a serious problem with getting lapped just once by our pack... :dopey:

Carb. Awesome run last night dude. It's a shame you didn't make the chase. The silent penguin almost sneaked in.

Look who's talking... The guy who had a serious problem with getting lapped just once by our pack... :dopey:

More like the guy fighting for position at the end of a race, trying to keep either himself or his teammate in the top 5, who spun himself off your bumper doing so.

No idea what your problem is. Completely different from carelessly pushing a driver into the end of a wall on lap 7 of 160 and ruining his race.

Seems like the entire Toyota camp has an issue with me. I wonder which one I'm gonna piss off this week.

MÜLE_9242;7862734
More like the guy fighting for position at the end of a race, trying to keep either himself or his teammate in the top 5, who spun himself off your bumper doing so.

No idea what your problem is. Completely different from carelessly pushing a driver into the end of a wall on lap 7 of 160 and ruining his race.

Seems like the entire Toyota camp has an issue with me. I wonder which one I'm gonna piss off this week.

You were blocking me and Neljack for no decent reason whatsoever, so you should expect to be spun off if you don't leave any of that precious racing room.

Yeah, okay and?

Step 1 in keeping Davey behind us is to try to keep the pack he's in behind us. And I already just said that I spun myself.

Nice little stat I'm proud of at Indy, and thought would share.

First 7 races in Sprint Cup averaged a 5.57 finish
Last 5 races in Sprint Cup averaged a 2.40 finish

Considering it's my least favourite oval, it's producing my best work!

Yep, goes back historically though when I tried to learn the track with a Daytona setup :ouch:

Just hoping after laps counted that this isn't the second week in a row that I lose out to RPH by Thousands in Quali, and by a single lap in laps led. That would be a kick in the teeth!

Moving on, this is what I believe to be standings going into the Chase (subject to last race)

09 points - Niop
06 points - Matty
03 points - Mule
03 points - Knelly
00 points - RPH
00 points - Spurgy
00 points - Joe
00 points - Akmuq (as Wildcard doesn't keep win)

That's 3 Hendrick, 2 RBR, 2 Ford and 1 SGR
Or 4 Chevrolet, 2 Toyotas and 2 Fords

Best of the rest (and supporting team members)
Carbonox
Furinkazen
Plus other seat fillers and Nationwide drivers.

Yep, goes back historically though when I tried to learn the track with a Daytona setup :ouch:

Just hoping after laps counted that this isn't the second week in a row that I lose out to RPH by Thousands in Quali, and by a single lap in laps led. That would be a kick in the teeth!

Moving on, this is what I believe to be standings going into the Chase (subject to last race)

09 points - Niop
06 points - Matty
03 points - Mule
03 points - Knelly
00 points - RPH
00 points - Spurgy
00 points - Joe
00 points - Akmuq (as Wildcard doesn't keep win)

That's 3 Hendrick, 2 RBR, 2 Ford and 1 SGR
Or 4 Chevrolet, 2 Toyotas and 2 Fords

Best of the rest (and supporting team members)
Carbonox
Furinkazen
Plus other seat fillers and Nationwide drivers.

Won't Drop be doing the rest of the season? :( Yea, he nearly took me out twice, but he's just an awesome fella, without whom the series won't be complete. :)

Won't Drop be doing the rest of the season? :( but he's just an awesome fella, without whom the series won't be complete. :)

Not likely. I gave up my Chase spot so that Akmuq can race for the title. 👍

Yea, he nearly took me out twice

:nervous: Sorry about the close calls yesterday. Full aero made passing basically impossible for the Ford team.

I got my money on D4ve for best of the rest. Also Carb will have to stay up til like 4am seeing we are starting next race 1 hour later.

I got my money on D4ve for best of the rest. Also Carb will have to stay up til like 4am seeing we are starting next race 1 hour later.

I think I'm just putting up someone to race for 2/3 points that time...

Not aware if the Team Owners have been asked yet about that extra hour, but crossed fingers it happens, or a Chaser won't be a racer next week :nervous:

Plus, remember that Dave has very kindly agreed and confirmed I can race at his place, for the Motegi race in a couple of weeks :nervous: :nervous:

Plus the 11:00 start for 100 laps at Daytona should only just take us past midnight (1:00 for Carb I believe?), and he stayed up a lot later on Saturday!

Not aware if the Team Owners have been asked yet about that extra hour, but crossed fingers it happens, or a Chaser won't be a racer next week :nervous:

Plus, remember that Dave has very kindly agreed and confirmed I can race at his place, for the Motegi race in a couple of weeks :nervous: :nervous:

Plus the 11:00 start for 100 laps at Daytona should only just take us past midnight (1:00 for Carb I believe?), and he stayed up a lot later on Saturday!

I didn't exactly feel too well after staying up so late last time. I can finish a long race here and then, but not all the time.

Still no tables :(
Also what's the deal with pace laps? What's the point with qualifying if we are just going to reset the track and the race order is totally random. :dunce:

RedPartyhat
Still no tables :(
Also what's the deal with pace laps? What's the point with qualifying if we are just going to reset the track and the race order is totally random. :dunce:

To be fair, it takes a lot of time to count 160 laps. Don't complain unless you want to help him out. ;)

I think that would be 2 for Carbonox. I thinks he's GMT +2.

Niop only asked me to do the first 60, but I just finished watching the whole race due to its captivity.

Was watching whoever the leader was the hole time, with all teams scoring at least one point for laps, six leaders and 15 lead changes, it was an awesome race.

Want to give a shoutout to Neljack. Gets a podium and leads a strong bunch of laps, mainly in one stint, it was a very strong ride. Especially how you negotiated as the lead car around the SGR's 👍

It was also really interesting to watch the contrasting speeds of the three very different setups by teams (great to see btw).

Ford enjoyed a strong stint early in the race due to their tyre friendly setup. But their speed was just to slow overall and the advantage they had of one less pitstop, was swallowed up as the race progressed.

EDIT: Dammit, wrong button....

Let's just call them Team Toyota, as that's what they are now, had some freekin pace about them, with a very low aero. But the tyre wear and extra pitstop just cost too much time.

Hendrick went down the middle and managed to make both work. We were able to keep pace with Team Toyota for the most part, while going 5 more laps a stint longer on tyres.

Great to watch the racing of Niop and Akmuq messing with TT, holding them up, cleanly I might add. Great patience shown by RPH leading TT to just play it out

All in all, thoroughly enjoyable, strategic race to watch guys. Well done 👍

Last edited:
Back