GTP NASCAR Truck Series S4 - Akmuq, Pepsi Racing Champions!

• Thread starter Furinkazen
  • 2,027 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's NASCAR Carb, the person with the best team/most luck wins, if you don't have a team behind you you can't win unless it's a track where lap times matter.

I know, and I had neither team nor luck or even a setup at SuzE, which is why I had enough of it, not to mention the unforgiving American timeslot. It just barely fitted, but wasn't worth the pain and tears after nearly every race.

Epic race. Host screen says Matty beat Akmuq at line, so scores remain provisional until I check on replay.

SSRXa.png

Akmuq pulls away, Joe drops back.

SSRXb.png

Big change. Pepsi lead teams now, RPM to second.

EDIT Thanks to Mattys screen cap, that result is confirmed.

SSRX, for those who can only drive straight.. And still find a way to crash..

Jakob is parked for Daytona and on probation for the final two races of the season for his driving tonight.

Epic race. Host screen says Matty beat Akmuq at line, so scores remain provisional until I check on replay.

SSRXa.png

Akmuq pulls away, Joe drops back.

SSRXb.png

Big change. Pepsi lead teams now, RPM to second.

EDIT Thanks to Mattys screen cap, that result is confirmed.
Furi, you owe us 4 points, you ain't ahead of us.
Nothing wrong with SSRX.
Everything wrong with SSRX, it's too much dependent on survival, I'm just happy I got a top 10 today.

Still, take nothing from Pepsi they were very good yet again, deserved the 1-2-4.

Shame I didn't get the dead heat, could have done with those two points, ah well.:)

Edit: In defence of Furi, it was tough knowing what was going on for the Chqr-DK caution, with all the rambling and giving out going on during it, I believe he did the best he could at the time, after making an initial mistake not calling it sooner. Another reason we shouldn't be on SSRX tbf, impossible to know what's going on 3 or 4 km's behind you when at Daytona, there's someone to see it within 5 seconds.

Last edited:
Will fix. And Kartman got a penalty for his deliberate spinning at Motegi. Which resulted in a small penalty for Scuderia Venom as well.

lucky to get 9th tonight after being around 2 mins down through being behind all of the lap 3 stoppers then not being close enough to pick up the top 8's draft, pitted at the end of lap 4 then at the end of 6 to take more fuel on, then caught the pack halfway down the back straight on the last lap and then avoid the carnage to pick up 8 points, finished the race with about 1 or 2 litres in the tank remaining

Edit: In defence of Furi, it was tough knowing what was going on for the Chqr-DK caution, with all the rambling and giving out going on during it, I believe he did the best he could at the time, after making an initial mistake not calling it sooner. Another reason we shouldn't be on SSRX tbf, impossible to know what's going on 3 or 4 km's behind you when at Daytona, there's someone to see it within 5 seconds.

I didn't really wanna bring this up but since you did, I didn't shout down the mic crying for a caution because I'm not one to start crying over the microphone as I now some drivers have done this season for a caution. Life goes on.

What I was slightly disappointed was in the way Furi handled it. If it was a caution or not, it didn't matter to me. But the fact is that when the caution was called, he didn't give me or CJ the time to catch-up (after the accident with DK).

Additionally, there was another accident between Smuffy and I earlier in the race which was definitely two cars when we were in the lead pack and that wasn't considered a caution at all.

Again, I'm not going to shout out at Furi for being inconsistent or anything else. I'm just disappointed with what happened. Smuffy, DK, CJ and I aren't drivers who will cry about it.

In the end, I made my point and I agree with RPH, introduce heavy damage with cautions.

Allow me to explain my view. If two cars get together and whack a wall and keep going thats no yellow. The incident with Chqr was at first appearing to be just that. Then people started saying 3 were involved. After this time to think I decided a competition yellow would be fair. I asked people immediately when the incident happened and heard nothing. Then I made my decision as people themselves said maybe it should have been.

And for the records, if Season 5 comes round - cautions are staying.

Or how about no cautions at all? :D Really there shouldn't be any cautions at SSRX unless lags involved, its a straight line for crying out loud :lol:

And Furi, as for you saying you heard nothing, I was saying it was a caution for about half a lap, Kartman said it was and so did DK, all pretty much straight after the incident and you didn't seem to hear any of us. :(

Allow me to explain my view. If two cars get together and whack a wall and keep going thats no yellow. The incident with Chqr was at first appearing to be just that. Then people started saying 3 were involved. After this time to think I decided a competition yellow would be fair. I asked people immediately when the incident happened and heard nothing. Then I made my decision as people themselves said maybe it should have been.

And for the records, if Season 5 comes round - cautions are staying.

That's fine as you did the right thing in giving the caution but what I was slightly irritated was the fact that DK caught up but myself and CJ couldn't catch-up.

Again, no bigee but just disappointing.

I thoroughly enjoyed the first caution though. Good race start and finish though. No doubt about it.

That's the problem with SSRX. If someone's half a lap behind, should the caution even last until that person has caught up? It could take a long while.

EDIT: Ooo, I just noticed there are two tiebreaker errors in the table. ^^

That's the problem with SSRX. If someone's half a lap behind, should the caution even last until that person has caught up? It could take a long while.

EDIT: Ooo, I just noticed there are two tiebreaker errors in the table. ^^

Yeah, the fact it wasn't quite spelled out in the regulations kinda had me stumped but its cool.

Just looking at the wrecks, the one in the Q race was Chqr, he randomly swerved left for some reason, he could have had some lag on his end maybe.
In the race, the first wreck was again Chqr, he came steaming up behind Jakob then tried swerving around him, straight into Kartmans rear, turning him into everyone else. Apparently Chqr struggles going in a straight line :dopey:
The next wreck I don't really know what happened, Jakob gets his front right corner on DK's back left which somehow fires DK right into the wall and then he spins back into the pack behind.
Chris was really unlucky, he had all the guys who were pitting early between him and everyone else, so when they pit he was out of the draft :(
Then on lap 5 T1 Smuffy tried to come down to the low line but Chqr was there so Smuffy was spun out and Chqr lost the draft.
Then lap 6 T1(or T2 for Americans :P) Chqr gets up into the wall on exit then spins down across DK spinning them both, nothing suspicious or intentional about it. :rolleyes:
Then the first wreck on lap 8, I get lag bumped into Jakob which spins him, then Matty, me, and well practically everyone :lol:
Then the final wreck was again lag, at least on my replay, Kartman just went flying forward into Joe and then straight back to where he was, spinning Joe and a few other people.
So from watching all of the wrecks we can conclude one thing. Jakob didn't cause any of them :crazy: Oh, and Chqr finds this track difficult :lol:

Spurgy 777
Just looking at the wrecks, the one in the Q race was Chqr, he randomly swerved left for some reason, he could have had some lag on his end maybe.
In the race, the first wreck was again Chqr, he came steaming up behind Jakob then tried swerving around him, straight into Kartmans rear, turning him into everyone else. Apparently Chqr struggles going in a straight line :dopey:
The next wreck I don't really know what happened, Jakob gets his front right corner on DK's back left which somehow fires DK right into the wall and then he spins back into the pack behind.
Chris was really unlucky, he had all the guys who were pitting early between him and everyone else, so when they pit he was out of the draft :(
Then on lap 5 T1 Smuffy tried to come down to the low line but Chqr was there so Smuffy was spun out and Chqr lost the draft.
Then lap 6 T1(or T2 for Americans :P) Chqr gets up into the wall on exit then spins down across DK spinning them both, nothing suspicious or intentional about it. :rolleyes:
Then the first wreck on lap 8, I get lag bumped into Jakob which spins him, then Matty, me, and well practically everyone :lol:
Then the final wreck was again lag, at least on my replay, Kartman just went flying forward into Joe and then straight back to where he was, spinning Joe and a few other people.
So from watching all of the wrecks we can conclude one thing. Jakob didn't cause any of them :crazy: Oh, and Chqr finds this track difficult :lol:

Thank you.

I don't see what Jakob did wrong too in terms of causing that last wreck. I was watching it live and it looked like lag and simply 14 cars on SSRX on the final lap.

I took out Kartman at the beginning of the main race because of the start to qualifying.

Watch Kartman at the green flag of qualifying. I was on pole and kartman jumps the start.

And that's not the first time Kartman jumped the start.

I jumped the start to Motegi last week accidentally but lifted to ensure I fell back into place.

Kartman jumped starts at Motegi and the qualifying race here and doesn't yield. If no one else is going to punish or penalise him, I for one will if I'm the lead car.

There was no lag. All intentional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back