GTP Online Racing Bureau (GTP ORB) Now Hiring!

• Thread starter gogatrs
  • 1,489 comments
Wardez
Titles have been handed out before but it's usually someone else that steps up to do the job once the thing's actually started. We don't need titles as much as we need to hand out responsibilties.
And we shouldn't just lay them on people. Did RT say he wanted to be licensing co-admin?

What we need to do is layout all the tasks and responsibilties in an un-ordered format then let everyone pick and choose the one they feel they'd like to do.

There can be and should be more than one person doing the same thing.

Then the people with the most initiative will eventually take charge once all the processes are settled and we'll have natural leaders.

That sounds fine, but other than the R1600 mistake (which I'll edit momentarily, I thought he wanted to mistakenly) the list so far is what people have volunteered to do. Sorry if I took a misstep somewhere.

Paid with what? Chrome? Mattes? Gear? :lol:

I see what you mean Wardez. I'm still up for Correspondent on Video Reviewing Panel. I just love repeating that title to myself. :sly:

Wardez you got a double post.

Yeah, and I only have the super long name because I'm asking for increased responsibility because it sounds fun. And we can go ahead and lay stuff out Wardez, although all we need (it seems, at this point) is license people and Google Docs people (which we figured you would do).

Titles have been handed out before but it's usually someone else that steps up to do the job once the thing's actually started. We don't need titles as much as we need to hand out responsibilties.
And we shouldn't just lay them on people. Did RT say he wanted to be licensing co-admin?

What we need to do is layout all the tasks and responsibilties in an un-ordered format then let everyone pick and choose the one they feel they'd like to do.

There can be and should be more than one person doing the same thing.

Then the people with the most initiative will eventually take charge once all the processes are settled and we'll have natural leaders.

Nothing like a little dose of reality.

Anyways, I know I'll be good for doing license tests, and doing test sessions on prospective tracks. At this point all that I need is for this to get settled in a bit.

I was wondering, now that we have the basic principles of this thing together, how would I go about administering it to the VSCS? I know we gotta start with something, and my group is as good as any to be a guinea pig.

I might be able to do some Google Docs. Depends. I can do this, can't do that. I'm keeping my original job though.

Hmm.. we should probably create our own prefix (lets use "GTP ORB:" for now until we have a finalized name) and say that the series has become sanctioned by our organization and must adhere to the rules in the OP in this thread. If you'd like, I can make a write up that you can quote to put in your series thread.

Should I say Google Docs associate then, Elite?

I guess I'll go put GTP ORB in the title of Mini Challenge. I say, for showing this organization's rules it should be all in a single post and a link is supplied to it. You've seen those single-post links right?

I guess you could be me down as associate.

EDIT: I'm sorry, R1600! I saw someone mention you for that kind of job earlier today and you posted after and didn't object, so I figured you were down. Would you like me to take you off or change it to something else?

Must have missed that post, but yeah. I'm not sure I'll have time.

EliteDreamer
I guess I'll go put GTP ORB in the title of Mini Challenge. I say, for showing this organization's rules it should be all in a single post and a link is supplied to it. You've seen those single-post links right?

I guess you could be me down as associate.

Hold on, I'll PM you the quote thing I sent JL. Just quote it in the OP of your series. And its fine R1600, its my fault.

EDIT: I probably should have linked the thread in my write up, shouldn't I? Do you guys want me to resend it?

That PM I sent you, I figured it would be like our little tag to notify racers that the series was sanctioned by us. You would quote the 2nd one I sent (the first one didn't have a link to this thread and major mess ups) with mine or gogatrs name and put it somewhere in your OP for your racers to read :). So they know where to read for rules, to ask questions, etc.

That's cool. I would like to have the quote thing work at some point, but I guess once we start making them I can show you guys what I have in mind and see if anyone else likes it. Where is JL's thread? I can't see it.

I can't find his thread either. Time to use the search button! :D

EDIT: Nevermind. Searched VSCS and only found his posts mentioning it in here. Maybe it's an upcoming series he plans to create?

I'm trying, my phone's search function is terrible. We're finally starting and gatrs is missing it!

EDIT: I'm going to bed, I'll talk to you guys tomorrow. Felt good getting some work done today :).

I gotta get some sleep too. And I think his series is Vintage Super Car Series. Well goodnight.

Alright guys, sorry I've been a bit absent (stayed up all night Sunday-Monday then had to pick parents up from the airport, this wasn't really on my mind the whole time).

Anyway, as far as the name goes I had Online Motorsports Association (or Organization) in mind but ORB works too.

What job do I want? Guess consultant more than anything, I'll do whatever comes my way really. Want me to be an incident judge? No worries. Be on the board selecting and grading tracks? Sweet as. Anything and everything, I'm happy to do it.

Quick sloppy shop of the ORB seal that we'll give to series organizers once their series is rated.

This is the 'T1' version:

Well there's a few things you should know about the series.

As it stands It'd get a T4 rating which is the lowest. In order to raise the rank there's a few important things you'd need to change:

There's no mention of what sort of damage setting you're running races with.

Your divisional qualifying should be a way to consistently see people's performance, so allowing them to qualify in any car will just not work.

The way you're hoping to

What's a , " Lexus SC430 Enso 08 "? Did you mean Bandai Direzza Lexus?

Your car selection isn't balanced. The Epson NSX, Woodone GT-R, and Bandai Direzz Lexus are all sub-par and don't perform to the same scale as the rest of your cars. Going only '08 Super GT cars is arbitrary.
Reducing all the Lexus's to 500hp will make them extremely noncompetitive making all GT-R drivers completely dominant. Same for the Subaru and Lexus in your GT300 roster.
You need to do a lot more testing in order to make these cars balanced, simply giving them all the same weight and power figures will not work.

I suggest you simply run all the GT-Rs except for the Woodone for your GT500 class and the Garaiya and RX7 for your GT300 class. There's no reason to be against an '06 car. The '08s are not all to the same level by a longshot.

With a standing start, giving the other drivers only a three minute finish timer is not enough to have them finish a good race with your races only being about 60 kilometers. You need to do a rolling start with the GT300 class going a lap ahead then lining up behind the GT500 class or reduce your race length.

There's no mention of a sporting code or penalty system. How will you deal with bad accidents and mad drivers?

There's no explanation of the raceday process. I know you think it's still too early since your series starts in a few weeks time but it really isn't. You need to spell all these things out in order to attract more drivers instead of confusing them.

Your race calender mentions the number of laps "+ formation lap". You need to describe what that means. Also your round 3 spot is incorrectly called "Fuji Speedway"

I'm an administrator for WSGTC and noticed you directly copied our race calender flag string. You should really ask for permission before you do that but at least state where it came from initially.

Also to note:
Your drivers seem to believe that the Calsonic is the end-all-be-all of GT-Rs which just isn't true. You need to let them know that the Xanavi, Yellowhat, and Calsonic are all equal with the Motul being only slightly behind and the Woodone being just bad.

Good luck.

Stick this in your OP if you want to get started with full evaluation, guidance and support from our establishment:

Direct link:
http://i.min.us/ijfkFA.png

Two more logo concepts:

Last edited:
Agreed with JL. Is my job list up to date as of now?

Hey JL, you didn't link our thread or explain anything about our group in your series OP. May I present an idea?

I'll have my series thread updated completely in the next couple days. I have a good spot where I can put the logo, whichever one is decided fits my series best. Keeping in mind I have to retain the Flyin' Miata name of course.

Wardez
Well there's a few things you should know about the series.

As it stands It'd get a T4 rating which is the lowest. In order to raise the rank there's a few important things you'd need to change:

There's no mention of what sort of damage setting you're running races with.

Your divisional qualifying should be a way to consistently see people's performance, so allowing them to qualify in any car will just not work.

The way you're hoping to

What's a , " Lexus SC430 Enso 08 "? Did you mean Bandai Direzza Lexus?

Your car selection isn't balanced. The Epson NSX, Woodone GT-R, and Bandai Direzz Lexus are all sub-par and don't perform to the same scale as the rest of your cars. Going only '08 Super GT cars is arbitrary.
Reducing all the Lexus's to 500hp will make them extremely noncompetitive making all GT-R drivers completely dominant. Same for the Subaru and Lexus in your GT300 roster.
You need to do a lot more testing in order to make these cars balanced, simply giving them all the same weight and power figures will not work.

I suggest you simply run all the GT-Rs except for the Woodone for your GT500 class and the Garaiya and RX7 for your GT300 class. There's no reason to be against an '06 car. The '08s are not all to the same level by a longshot.

With a standing start, giving the other drivers only a three minute finish timer is not enough to have them finish a good race with your races only being about 60 kilometers. You need to do a rolling start with the GT300 class going a lap ahead then lining up behind the GT500 class or reduce your race length.

There's no mention of a sporting code or penalty system. How will you deal with bad accidents and mad drivers?

There's no explanation of the raceday process. I know you think it's still too early since your series starts in a few weeks time but it really isn't. You need to spell all these things out in order to attract more drivers instead of confusing them.

Your race calender mentions the number of laps "+ formation lap". You need to describe what that means. Also your round 3 spot is incorrectly called "Fuji Speedway"

I'm an administrator for WSGTC and noticed you directly copied our race calender flag string. You should really ask for permission before you do that but at least state where it came from initially.

Also to note:
Your drivers seem to believe that the Calsonic is the end-all-be-all of GT-Rs which just isn't true. You need to let them know that the Xanavi, Yellowhat, and Calsonic are all equal with the Motul being only slightly behind and the Woodone being just bad.

Good luck.

Stick this in your OP if you want to get started with full evaluation, guidance and support from our establishment:

http://min.us/ljfkFA

Direct link:
http://i.min.us/ijfkFA.png

Two more logo concepts:

http://min.us/ljfmNY

http://min.us/ljkw3y

Sorry for the lateness in replying..Thought i'd take a walk to camden to assess the damage...

Firstly the car selection...I think I'll raise the bhp of the 3 cars you mentioned and keep the rest the same...With my Yellowhat GTR i was 1 second quicker than with a nismo GTR...I think it mostly depends on driver preferrence....

The sporting code..I'll add that..Its kinda obvious, no ramming, not to exceed track limits.

Race day..I thought i'd explain that all as we get nearer the...season opener..

The race calender..I'll update that, thanks for pointing out..The flags are not copied..I went to the GT website and I copied all the flags...There are 26 different flags...

I dont know why everyone is choosing the Impul..I would have thought that everyone will choose the Yellowhat or the Nismo....

Tell me what I need apart from damage to raise the rating..

Thank you very much for the feedback..

I dont know why everyone is choosing the Impul..I would have thought that everyone will choose the Yellowhat or the Nismo....

I would limit the number of one specific car that can be run. Maybe 2-3 of each, then everyone else would have to pick something else.

That sounds good. Should I go ahead and make a list of sanctioned series? This sounds like a good idea for our first official thread.

R1600Turbo
I would limit the number of one specific car that can be run. Maybe 2-3 of each, then everyone else would have to pick something else.

I have but for some unknown reason 4 people picked the impul..So im just gonna give it to the two fastest of the 4 impul drivers in the division qualifying...

By the way, are we going to have our own specific rules or just follow the GTP online rules? I need something to post in my thread.

Back