GTP_WRS (GT5) Week 4 : Out for a Sunday Drive

• Thread starter EDK
  • 374 comments
T1: 0'37.159
T2: 0'19.368

Phillip

Do you mind Phillip? Seriously, leave me alone! I shake you off, and you come back just like a leech! Buggers me how you can find .2 at this stage in the challenge......

Supreme T1 there:tup:

Well it appears the Fetchbot will not, so that only leaves me one choice. As soon as I get home from work I will just have to lay down a new smoking fast time to get in front of you. That should fix things nicely.

OOOO I see how it goes, OK Mustang.... "It's on"...........lol

I'm off the couch now and I'll move it for ya......:nervous:

After 20 laps this are my split times:

T1: 37,782
T2: 19,805

I think this was for me a good lap, but i'll try to improve all the time.

Minute improvement in the T1 and T2 but i have a better understanding of the last corner which is the most important factor in T3 and a better final lap time.

T1: 37.750
T2: 19.739

Thought I would give this week a quick go. Can see where I can make up time. Need a quicker left hander before going up the hill, just can't find the right speed/brake spot.

T1: 37.473
T2: 19.633

Here's my first splits.

I set brake balance to 10/10 for this lap. Has anyone found that it make any difference?

Do you mind Phillip? Seriously, leave me alone! I shake you off, and you come back just like a leech! Buggers me how you can find .2 at this stage in the challenge......

Supreme T1 there:tup:

Sorry Steve.

Almost fell out my chair with the 37.074 T1 I did, made a muck of T2 so through that one in the bin :grumpy:

Still time to find it again fingers crossed. :sly:

Phillip.

Thought I would give this week a quick go. Can see where I can make up time. Need a quicker left hander before going up the hill, just can't find the right speed/brake spot.

Do you mean the left-hander after the first right-hander in T1?

I don't brake there, let off, let it pull in to the apex and then get on the power. It will take some time to do it consistently though.

Managed to get ahead of me on the leaderboard by .001!

Did a quick session tonight, and can't even get close to the times I posted earlier - There was one lap I did before (my best time) where I pulled off the first turn really well - don't know how I did it, and haven't been able to do it since. I'll have to watch my replay closer and figure it out.

Was gonna settle on the time I had, but seems like I can at least find another .001 to catch back up! :dopey:

I'll be back at it tonight..so hopefully it'll be 0.002 when I'm done! :cool:

of course it also means there'll be a lot of :banghead: in the process...

...related note - Zoky, are you human? Are you sure? Do you have proof?

Those times are nuts!

dranddad
Sorry Steve.

Almost fell out my chair with the 37.074 T1 I did, made a muck of T2 so through that one in the bin :grumpy:

Still time to find it again fingers crossed. :sly:

Phillip.

Hehehehe its ok mate, that's an amazing T1 split if you can duplicate it and string it together. I've seen a .117 T1 and a .200 T2..... but constantly make a mess of either the uphill left right after T1 or the final hairpin..... props to you mate on perservering with the challenge...

Do you mean the left-hander after the first right-hander in T1?

I don't brake there, let off, let it pull in to the apex and then get on the power. It will take some time to do it consistently though.

Yes. I did think that and wasn't quite sure to brake or not. Guessed you really need to carry as much speed as you can up the hill. Maybe when I tried I hoped to do it first time 👍

thanks for the advice 👍

Beginning to get the hang of it:
T1: 37.088
T2: 19.408

With the patience of Job and the leader board reflecting that I have a clone, so I pounded my head on the wall once more to cross the 56 Barrier and to let Mustange know that I did "Fetchbots" job for it and he doesn't have to do that faster lap now...... :lol:

T1: 37.539
T2: 19.501

T1: 37.542
T2: 19.364

There's that song again

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
With the patience of Job and the leader board reflecting that I have clone I pounded my head on the wall once more to cross the 56 Barrier and to let Mustange know that I did "Fetchbots" job for it and he doesn't have to do that faster lap now...... :lol:

:gtpflag:

So I took out your times this time to ensure I do not screw that one up again. But do you really think that little bit if a gain is going to save you?
Keep your eye on that leaderboard and enjoy it for now it will not last long.
Game on

First splits for the week. Not sure how much more I can stay awake on this one:(

T1: 37.477
T2: 19.611

Do you really think that little bit if a gain is going to save you?
Keep your eye on that leaderboard and enjoy it for now it will not last long.
Game on

Wow how cool, nothing like a little back and forth. :lol:

So did you compete in the Academy Quali? :nervous:

T1 37.372
T2 19.576

Okay Lefty that my new times. Just not enough to catch you yet. I have you in T1 and you own me in T2 so I need to find some extra speed through there.

Also looks like GTP_Reverend wants in on some of the action. I just put him back in his place......3rd.

Yes I did run the GT Academy. I lost my groove at the end and could not squeeze out any faster times. I think I finished 14x in the Southwest region so just out of the cut. But I would have never made the next cut anyway and I am told old and out of shape to compete with the young guns.

This is the most fun I have had in a while.... lol, I guess I better get off the couch again, I'm starting to hear footsteps and a holy howling.... After I adjust my attitude with something that calms me down and allows me to see this challenge with all the creativity I had in my youth....... lol

OBTW: I am using auto on the trans...... for what it's worth... lol

It's all yours tonight Mustang I ground on T1/T2 for a few and didn't have that loven feelin.....

Last edited:
Back