GTPFIA GT World Cup: Congratulations to our champions! MagzireGT1/hon1984GT2

• Thread starter Jav
  • 4,198 comments

Race day?

• Saturday anywhere between 4 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 8 12.3%
  • Saturday anywhere between 8 and 10PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Sunday anywhere between 3 and 7PM US EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 17 26.2%
  • Sunday anywhere between 8 and 10PM us EST(GMT-4)

Votes: 26 40.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All done as an hour ago. Nice to finally be done with extreme.

Knocking out the last silvers to golds in my licenses now.

I finished the extreme just now too, now I'm bored! Probably will go for the Rally portion of the game...

Jav
I finished the extreme just now too, now I'm bored! Probably will go for the Rally portion of the game...

Hell yeah!
I've golded the first two sections of the liscense tests.
I'm going for the last one now.
That Schumacher S one is 🤬 impossible! lol
Finally got it.

Hell yeah!
I've golded the first two sections of the liscense tests.
I'm going for the last one now.
That Schumacher S one is 🤬 impossible! lol
Finally got it.

You know, I think I'm going for that today! Damn hackers!!

This PSN maintenance thing is making me want to get into iRacing more and more...

Jav
This PSN maintenance thing is making me want to get into iRacing more and more...

Plan to make the iRacing move this fall/winter.

That is relevant to GT5's DLC and all. If they offer more, may still be involved heavy that I can't justify the time for another racing game.

Plan to make the iRacing move this fall/winter.

That is relevant to GT5's DLC and all. If they offer more, may still be involved heavy that I can't justify the time for another racing game.

My exact thoughts! Looking at the Alienware PC's right now...
But I definitely see myself making the move at the end of the year!

If when we all get close to the iRacing move. We should correlate and do it all at similar times. This would help all of us to get into something where we race people we know and are used to their driving styles.

I just bought rFactor last week and I have to admit, I am never going to buy another PS3 racing game again.
I <3 it.

I just bought rFactor last week and I have to admit, I am never going to buy another PS3 racing game again.
I <3 it.

Tell me more about it! How's the car selection? What's available? How's the graphics? Do you have to pay a fee? What kind of computer would be the best choice?

Jav
Tell me more about it! How's the car selection? What's available? How's the graphics? Do you have to pay a fee? What kind of computer would be the best choice?

Since it's a couple years old now, the graphics absolutely suck.
But you will easily get used to it.
With the moddablility of it, you can have nearly any car/track you can think of. (I got specifically to race Porsche 917s around Lime Rock)
It's a one-time payment of $40, but I'm pretty sure that you can get a cheaper "unlock code" as they call it off of eBay or somewhere like that.
So it's relatively inexpensive.

I run it on my s**t computer as I call it with my 19" monitor.
Again, I've gotten used to the poor graphics and small screen.
(Not east coming from GT5 :D)
This computer I've had for 10 years now and I've just gotten a Mac, so I use this PC for nothing but rFactor.
It's a crappy computer. If you put too many cars on the grid (you can go up to like 150!!!!!!!) it will become extremely laggy.
I've found that 70 cars (:)) works best for my PC, but I could do more.
I'm still figuring out some of it.
I'd highly recommend it though.
You can do multiple class racing which is awesome and would be PERFECT for us.
Questions?

All sounds pretty good! Thinking of giving it a shot, but I don't want to kill my laptop!

Jav
All sounds pretty good! Thinking of giving it a shot, but I don't want to kill my laptop!

Yeah, a laptop probably won't work very well...
You can probably get a pretty crappy PC to work well for it.
Do any of you guys have a capture card?

Another night of boredom! The freaking AI in this game is so stupid, thank God we got online play! Even if it is down sometimes it really is the savior of this game!

Jav
Another night of boredom! The freaking AI in this game is so stupid, thank God we got online play! Even if it is down sometimes it really is the savior of this game!

Another night of waiting for certain programs that use cerrtain files to acquire movies to download faster.

BTW Jav you should see that AI in Rainbow 6 Vegas 2 HOOOLLLLYYY ****. I tell them to stack up on a door and they BOTH go through a doorframe at once and get stuck! Then I say heal your teammate so he runs into the middle of a firefight, goes to heal him and gets shot. Now I'm not sure if you're familiar with that game but it's a 3 man team, 2 AI and you. If you die, game over, if they die you heal them. So now I have to put my ass on the line to go heal my stupid teamies.
But it's still fun as hell!:dopey:

Jav

Yeah, I play A-spec with my cars about 10% underpowered, over weight and with very loose tires, just to make it more competitive, but then I've got to worry about them running me off the track... :grumpy:

Jav

When i first joined GTP i was about to quit gt5 for rfactor and i'm still on gt5 cause of you guys and the online playing. This community makes gt5 a much more exciting game!!!!!!! I'm still discovering rfactor cause i bought it 2 days ago (thanks gogarts... lol) and tried the demo before, but there's some cool feature in it. For instance, at my first try, my car stalled cause i release the clutch to fast and did not give some gas. I thought wow, nice feature. Then i had to find my keaboard's key to re-start the engine. Also you can adjust your seat, mirror, etc and tuning and physics looks awesome. The sound of the cars are much more better than gt5 for my taste and you can even hear your brakes. The graphics are good, but sincerly not better than GT5, and even if i have a top notch graphic card.

For now, i'm totally impressed with that game and in a couple of weeks, i think i'll love it even more.

Mag the race has been rescheduled for next Sunday, everything else stays the same. Check the 4th post for the dates.
You guys really have me tempted with rFactor...

I got to say you are brave my friend! If you don't get a full grid for this I may drop by for a few hours, but I highly doubt I can get past the 2hr mark!

Haha yeah we'll see how it goes.

In other news, testing at Suzuka I've run a 2:00.722 and a few other 2's.

I haven't tested at all! I do all my testing/tunning online and since PSN is on vacation there's nothing but grinding and bspec...

I wanna race!!
Guys, what would be a good budget friendly computer for a dedicated gaming/race-sim(rFactor/iRacing) pc?

Jav
I wanna race!!
Guys, what would be a good budget friendly computer for a dedicated gaming/race-sim(rFactor/iRacing) pc?

newegg.com

I just ordered some stuff that will show up any day now. Got a new motherboard, processor, video card, RAM, and power supply on the way. All for under $800 but you probably won't need anything that's as powerful as I am getting. A few hundred dollars should set you up with something decent.

Yeah, I'd like to see graphics up to GT5 standards but I guess that's gonna cost too much so I'd be happy with decent graphics and an issue free experience. What key features should I look for?

Powerful video card first then processor then ram. That's my process for a standard gaming PC. Graphic are most important.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back