GTPFIA GT1/GT2 World Cup S2 Congrats to our champions Shrugging_AtlasGT1/TissimoGT2!!

• Thread starter Jav
  • 2,179 comments
I couldn't evne break 1:50's with the CLK! No way in hell a 1:47 is possible, not at all, only thing that could do it is maybe the Ford GT, but that would require a lap of the Gods, and a tune to rid itself of the high amount of high speed oversteer and low speed, too.

Have yet to drive with Spec II, but i'm hoping physics haven't changed too much, and my car decision can still be a good decision.

Last edited:
I dont think the physics have changed much at all.

Jav any idea on weight? 1200kgs so CLK is still available (only add 200kgs iirc?) I want to do some testing on cars.

Because new one classification GT spec will be ~550hp and 1200kgs no? Thus need ballast.

just hope that Hon can remain in the GT2 Class more exiting battles would be a yes :)

I thought we were getting rid of GT2 and bumping the GT1 cars up to 1200kgs?:confused:

I doubt the GT1 pole times will be coming down this year if that is the case.....

Jav
I would love to have it on the grid, however there will be some changes coming for S3, the official car list won't be revealed till we get our hands on this RaceCar DLC Pack. For now all I can say is that for S3 this series will become a single class series and the specs will be close to those of GT1 with the cars possibly being a bit heavier.
There's a big anouncement coming guys so you might wanna be sharpening your skills for this coming season...

Do people not read and understand? One class, stop talking GT2 and GT1 just one class...

I dont think the physics have changed much at all.

Jav any idea on weight? 1200kgs so CLK is still available (only add 200kgs iirc?) I want to do some testing on cars.

Ok, I can't say much yet but we are looking at a single class for S3, specs will be very close to GT1 and car choice will be very much the same with the addition of the new DLC cars if possible, I still need confirmation in some matters before an official anouncment can be made, for now that's all I can say.

Jav
Ok, I can't say much yet but we are looking at a single class for S3, specs will be very close to GT1 and car choice will be very much the same with the addition of the new DLC cars if possible, I still need confirmation in some matters before an official anouncment can be made, for now that's all I can say.

Can't say much yet? You have a NDA with.... Yourself? That's silly....

Lol, patience something's are being worked behind the scenes and I need Jordan's blessing before I can say anything.

How long of a preseason will we have? I will be out of town the 29th, and MIGHT make it back in time for the race on the 5th of November.

We most probably will be doing 2 pre-season races and be starting the season at Spa on Nov 13.

Jav
We most probably will be doing 2 pre-season races and be starting the season at Spa on Nov 13.

OMG so can't wait for racing around SPA that track is one of the greats don't know what the pecking order will be I guess we found out when we start qualifying woooo come on Corvette!

Any of you guys have done any testing with spec2? I ran some laps last night and the grip levels seem to be more consistent and forgiving, it is possible now to trhow the car arround and recover from power on oversteer with more ease. Pretty much the same as the offline physics. The speed of the cars is still there, but with this update it seems easier to use that speed.

Jav
Any of you guys have done any testing with spec2? I ran some laps last night and the grip levels seem to be more consistent and forgiving, it is possible now to trhow the car arround and recover from power on oversteer with more ease. Pretty much the same as the offline physics. The speed of the cars is still there, but with this update it seems easier to use that speed.

Couldn't have said it better. My thoughts exactly. I'm actually able to recover some oversteer now with the g27.

Ok guys, I think it is safe to say the RX-7 will be on the grid! Here's the car's Specs according to Amar's report:

Here are the only Spec I will disclose

Mazda RX-7 TC
459HP/7300rpm > 975kg > 584PP > Racing Hard tires as default

toyotsupra
OMG so can't wait for racing around SPA that track is one of the greats don't know what the pecking order will be I guess we found out when we start qualifying woooo come on Corvette!

I'd be sure you got two cars in mind. ;)

Jav
Ok guys, I think it is safe to say the RX-7 will be on the grid! Here's the car's Specs according to Amar's report:

Here are the only Spec I will disclose

Mazda RX-7 TC
459HP/7300rpm > 975kg > 584PP > Racing Hard tires as default

So, 1175kg weight max.... I can read between the lines :)

Back