GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
LARSSON TIES THE GAME IN THE 90TH MINUTE!!!!!!

A.Cole can't do that stuff next round.

Look we still go through top of the group, so it makes no difference to us :P;).

First we lead, then we drawing. But when we were back in the lead I was hoping we could keep it, but it is annoying England drew against Sweden.

At least we avoid Germany in the first knockout round guys.

ExigeExcel
LARSON!

Ah well, England win the group... Gotta go out and get an Ecuador flag now.
Leans outside the window giving the v's in Wales' direction
Ah suddup.

live4speed
Leans outside the window giving the v's in Wales' direction
Ah suddup.
If only I had your home address, I send some ?*!$ in the post :sly:

Sorry for all my incorrect spelling of Larsson. I'll leave them there so you can continue to mock me.

ExigeExcel
If only I had your home address, I send some ?*!$ in the post :sly:
Hmm, How many Evan's are there in Wales? :lol:.

I thought the Welsh were backing us, but anywhoo.
Goes to get Welsh directory out

Realises he doesn't have a Welsh directory

Just thend the **** to

15 Old Broadway
Didsbury
Manchester
Don't know the post code, but it's where Richard and Judy lived.

Jeez, England need to work on their set pieces. Atleast we don't have to face Germany.

live4speed
Hmm, How many Evan's are there in Wales? :lol:.

Goes to get Welsh directory out

Realises he doesn't have a Welsh directory
I only actually know of one other, and he's like 6. The rest I've heard of are American :confused:

Mae bola mawr gyda Dai a mae e'n sbwriel.

What a frustrating game to watch! Sweden never created anything in open play and still they score twice! Very disappointing set piece defending. That was not a confidence building performance at all, the defence was nothing like usual. And now that's 8 draws out of the last 12 games against Sweden.

live4speed
Yeah, right. The stupidest thing I heard all year was that when England played Paraguay, Andy Murray (Scottish tennis player) bought a Paraguay shirt and wore it for the match. Can you imagine if we returned the favour and booed him constantly at Wimbledon? Not that we're anything like that petty or jealous, but he would actually break down and cry. The day Wales and Scotland get behind us is the day they actually qualify for the World Cup.

I think he's having a scan tomorrow to determine that. The first suspicions were medial ligament damage or a twisted knee, neither of which sounds good. I'm not particularly hopeful he'll play against Ecuador or even later on (assuming we beat Ecuador of course).

If England play like this in the knockout phase, we'll be going home early. It was a good game, but not very convincing, and we defended terribly at times. Joe Cole's goal was :drool: Awesome though! Top strike, probably one of the best of the whole tournament! :D

I feel bad for Michael Owen, he was in agony after his knee went from under him, but I'm hoping Theo Wallcott will get his chance. They keep saying England's strike force is in trouble, but they won't give the young lad a chance. Sven needs to get his head from up his ass, and play him. Whats the point of taking strikers for them to just sit on the bench all tournament?

I really want England to win the World Cup, but I've seen nothing so far that makes me think we will get past the next round. :grumpy:

Cole's goal was astonishingly good, it was one of the best goals in a long time.

The problem with not playing Walcott is no-one knows if he'll do even remotely good under this pressure, so he'll never see the pitch unless we'er 3 goals up, which effectively makes him a pointless member of the team, which is why it was stupid for Sven to bring him. If Sven put's him on and he performs badly and England go out how long do you think it would take for people to critisize him for playing Walcott in a knockout game, not long. And to think Sven sent Defoe home and could have brought Bent or Wright-Phillips, madness.

Joe Cole was the man of the match, but bah it turned out a draw like I said it would anyway.

Also here is the preview of tomorows exciting clash! Mexico vs Portugal!

Anyway I can't wait to see all the stars, like Adiaga, Adiaga 2, Badiaga, Ooplia and Pizoza!

Race Idiot
Joe Cole was the man of the match, but bah it turned out a draw like I said it would anyway.

Also here is the preview of tomorows exciting clash! Mexico vs Portugal!

Anyway I can't wait to see all the stars, like Adiaga, Adiaga 2, Badiaga, Ooplia and Pizoza!

Don't forget, just before the game starts, fire up a bowl of paella. 👍

OMG that was retarded! :lol:

Talking about an exciting game tomorrow..don't forget Argentina Vs. Netherlands. To me that'll be more exciting than Portugal and Mexico.
The only reason why I think it'd be exciting, is because Mex hasn't qualifed to the Eighth Finals. That's it.

Ciao!

:lol: Haven't seen that episode in ages.

*Goes to Royal Mail site to find Dai's post code*

Should be some intreesting games tonight. Shame I got an exam to revise for.

Portugal is up 2 on Mexico. But, I'm watching the Iran Angola game. Great game so far, but damn, all those injures.

EDIT:

Final: Mexico 1 Portugal 2

Final : Iran 1 Angola 1

What a dirty game the Mexico-Portugal game was! Almost 50 fouls and I think 8 yellow cards. Quite a bit more interesting than the Mexico-Portugal game featured on The Simpons as well! ;-)

Looks like Michael Owen won't play any further part in the World Cup. I believe he's flying home to England today. And Gary Neville is a doubt yet again for the Ecuador game, possibly even the rest of the tournament. Ferdinard picked up a knock too but apparently it's not's too serious.

EDIT - Betfair gave me a free £5 bet so I placed it on Argentina to beat Holland 3-1. If it happens I get £100!:sly:

Come on Argentina!

Fantastic and entertaining first half. Tough battle and both proved they weren't going down easy. Still, I think Argentina had a lot better ball control, and a slightly more aggressive offense which can really pay off for them.

The Dutch are facing a powerful offense but Argentina's defense near the box is not has powerful as their's. Dutch defense is intense but Argentina's offense is dealing with it well. I lot of pushing and shoving is going on, but Argentina are very aggressive and the Dutch know to do the same.

Great, equal match; fantastic play. This is what World Cup football is supposed to be about. 👍

Back