GTP's Official FIFA 2006 World Cup Thread (Now with Results!)

• Thread starter OZZYGT
  • 1,700 comments
George Morley
The Argentina Coach has quit now, he started coaching them in 2004.
What a stupid arse (sorry if I'm being rude) but if Argentina won the World Cup he would'nt quit I bet
Who knows, Felipão won the 2002 World Cup and he did quit anyway.

Buffon is gonna be Noffub for his next game with that brainsmashing of his. :lol:

and, Oliver Khan? Who dat?

Damn I don't know why pekerman decided taking Riquelme off was a good idea seeing as he was utterly dominating germans midfield. Although saying that it would be dissapointing for germany if they didn't reach the semis in their own backyard. Either way it would have been a dissapointment, but I still prefer Argentina over germany.

Also I would enjoy it very much if we won tommorow, plz win England PLZ FREAKIN WIN DONT DO THIS TO ME AGAIN ENGLAND ARGHRGRHGRHGHRGGRHGRGRHRRGHRGGHGHEGH PLZ

Mr.OzzyGT
Told you we were gonna win :sly:

Well duh, the last thing anyone'd expect is Ukraine in the Semi-Finals, they got to the quarters via pure luck.

Group

Spain
Ukaraine
Tunisia
Saudi Arabia

Quarters

Ukraine - Swizerland

Not the hardest way to get to the Quarters

FatAssBR
Yeah, don't worry Argentina. We'll revenge you in the final. :sly:

you'll have to get past france, and then england when we beat portugal today!

although (you should get past us):nervous:

Brazil vs Portugal in the semis! Brazil is the only non-European country still in the competition, we can't lose now.

I think France will win and that we will have a fully European semi-final stage - when's the last time that happened???

I'm preparing (both mentally and physically) for the England game.... mentally, I'm starting to get into football mode, and arranging to meet my mates (mostly English!) in the pub... physically, I'm eating some food to line the stomach, and putting on my crash helmet (for when Portugal score!) :D Only kidding... best of luck to England... I'd like to see them win - most of all, though, I'd like to see them play to their capabilities, which they have failed to do up till now...

Portagul beaten England in Euro 2004, i think that was the match with a crap Swiss ref, England scored, but he dissalowed it because of the Portagal goalie faking to be fouled.

The ref was bad because he was Swiss, and before that match, England had beaten Swizerland 3-0 :lol:

Portugal are the only remaining team to have never won the Word Cup...

Switzerland are the only team in World Cup history to be eliminated without conceding a single goal.

George Morley
Portagul beaten England in Euro 2004, i think that was the match with a crap Swiss ref, England scored, but he dissalowed it because of the Portagal goalie faking to be fouled.

Don't forget the fact that England scored a goal after like 3 minutes and then decided to sit back and invite the Portugese to attack for the rest of the match.

'

Now that Argentina are out ime plumping for Eng-er-land.

I have a few Brazilian mates but old blighty in the final now looks possible & less boring than the Brazilian cup.

What? Why the hell did Terry get a yellow card? They both went for the ball at the same time, neither pulled on each other or fouled each other. So far the refs have done a great job, until now.

Bad call.

From BBC Sport

62 mins: RED CARD Frustration gets the better of Wayne Rooney and he is sent off. He wrestles for the ball with Ricardo Carvalho on the halfway line and stamps on the defender's testicles. The Chelsea man goes off for treatment and soon returns.

George Morley
From BBC Sport

I haven't seen so much horse**** - or such a bollocks decision - in my life... Rooney had TWO guys hassling him, and as he tripped over he stood on Carvalho's nadgers. Then Cristiano "still cheating scum" Ronaldo runs halfway across the pitch to tell the ref to send his club teammate off, which understandably annoys Rooney, which he then dutifully does.

Rooney clearly wasn't "frustrated" or "lost his temper" in any way. He was just tripped and his foot landed in an unfortunate place.

Absolute crap.

If England make the semis and that card isn't rescinded I'll be absolutely stunned - though not as stunned as FIFA allowing Luis "headbutt" Figo to play any further part in the tournament.

Oh, and why Maniche, Figo and Ronaldo haven't been sent off for trying to con the referee into giving a free kick I don't know. They're all clearly throwing themselves around the pitch, clutching random body parts.

England hadn't actually been that good up until that point - they were a bit more threatening in the final third, but not enough for Portugal to try and get players sent off. They're marginally better with 10 men - Hargreaves is actually playing a blinder.

I'm only going to say this once:

GIVE WALCOTT A CHANCE
YOU SWEDISH ****ER!!!

(Fill in blanks as you please... :grumpy:)

Runs Around The Room With T-shirt Over Head!!!! Woo-hoo!!! Excellent save by Robinson.. but Ricardo has just saved... :scared:

All hinged on a bloody stupid card. Anyone up for reopening the South Atlantic front?

Tosspot.

Back