Honda Fan Club - under new management

• Thread starter THE ED3
  • 4,581 comments
p1010042ea2.jpg

Slicks fitted, front and rear shocks fitted too 👍

Does anyone know if an ek coupe will have almost the same performance of a hatchback? I can get a coupe fairly easily, but finding an affordable ek is tough for me. What do you people recommend? Getting a coupe or waiting for a hatchback that will most likely be in worse condition?

Hatches are ugly, and coupes are almost a sedan which rates them higher in my book :)

The hatch would probably be quicker, but not by much. And the Coupe would probably be more stable at speed, but not by much.

The coupe weighs just a little bit more than the hatches... if it's a DX coupe it has the same engine as the hatch, so it'll be pretty much the same, but if it's an EX, well, it's got the SOHC VTEC engine, which is rated at 127hp (which is 21 more than the D16Y7 found in the hatches and DX coupes), so it's bound to be a bit faster. It's a bit of a moot point, because they're really slow, no matter what... I think EX coupes ran 16.5-ish on the quarter from the factory.

The coupe weighs just a little bit more than the hatches... if it's a DX coupe it has the same engine as the hatch, so it'll be pretty much the same, but if it's an EX, well, it's got the SOHC VTEC engine, which is rated at 127hp (which is 21 more than the D16Y7 found in the hatches and DX coupes), so it's bound to be a bit faster. It's a bit of a moot point, because they're really slow, no matter what... I think EX coupes ran 16.5-ish on the quarter from the factory.

Making the DX the better option, considering there's more than enough available, when it comes to Engine Swaps. Anything B, D, H, and K has been put into a 6th gen Civic.

Making the DX the better option, considering there's more than enough available, when it comes to Engine Swaps. Anything B, D, H, and K has been put into a 6th gen Civic.

Plus, when you save the $1500-2500 by buying the DX instead of the EX, you'll be able to afford that engine swap alot sooner. 👍

Is anyone here familiar with fixing the rear fender honda rust? I'm gonna be trying to tackle that rust on my Integra this summer and i'm planning on using Rust Bullet or Por-15.

Unless the engine falls out or something, I'm getting an EK Honda Civic hatchback, and I want to junk the power steering in it. Is it as simple as draining the fluid and taking off the pumps, or is there something else I should look for or do?

I want to remove all unnecessary components involving power steering.

I can't find anything at Honda-Tech, and I know if I make a thread it's going to be full of "search n00b!"

EDIT: Does anyone know a Honda forum with less ricers on it? I don't know which information is reliable and which isn't.

I dunno much about the EK but I know on EFs the manual rack is different from the power steering rack. If you want to fully ditch anything to do with the ps you might have to swap racks.

I dunno much about the EK but I know on EFs the manual rack is different from the power steering rack. If you want to fully ditch anything to do with the ps you might have to swap racks.
Yea I asked around and came to that conclusion. I think I may just get a nice steering wheel and then ditch the power steering when the swap the engine (in like 5 years).

Thanks for the site Fred.👍

My cousin just bought a decently rough 1990 CRX of my other cousin. For a dollar. That's right, $1. more info to come...

Honestly, I like PS. Its hard to roll real slow through the parking lot after the club picking up mad honeys when you're busy trying to crank the wheel over in order to make it around the tight turns. Although, on the plus side, you will end up with arms the size of Pako's. :lol:

Why would we mind? You have a Honda, yo.

Anyway, this CRX my cuz bought got a good interior cleaning today, since it was covered with...something. It was sticky, dirty, and generally disgusting. The body has rust all over, but it is an Ohio CRX after all. The paint is so bad we aren't even caring at the moment. The D15 burns oil like crazy. We may replace the piston oil rings to try to stop it. It may be running down the valves though, but it's surpriseing because this engine only has 130,000 miles on it. It wasn't taken care of at all. Also, the stick feels like churning butter, and I'm not sure if it's the linkage bushings--it doesn't wobble abnormally in gear--or all the possible sludge and crap inside the transmission. All I know is that this eyesore has made me want to sell my Sol and find a CRX SiR in good condition. The practicality mixed with performance and light weight is just awesome.

ah the joys of owning an 18 year old prelude, in the last 3 weeks I have had to replace the clutch master cylinder and today I just changed the clutch hose from the master cylinder to the slave. Im almost tempted to pre-order a slave cylinder from honda :lol:

oh and nice pics there timeattack, especially those second gen Integra's, hell I wish I got one of them now!

mclaren man, do you mind taking a pic of the rear ashtray in your prelude? the one that sits in between the two front seats? That would be super cool if you could :D

mclaren man, do you mind taking a pic of the rear ashtray in your prelude? the one that sits in between the two front seats? That would be super cool if you could
[QUOTE/]

any excuse to use my new camera is good enough for me.

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

I also have this ashtray on the armrests in my back seats*

DSC_0003-1.jpg

I hope thats what you wanted, I reckon thats the first time I have sat in the back seat, never again...

*these hardly classify as seats for human beings, maybe a rat.

Back