Hyundai N Announces Gran Turismo Collaboration

• Thread starter PGodia10
  • 136 comments
N24 weekend is also the backdrop for Hyundai to announce a collaboration with Gran Turismo; not a VGT car - that was done as long ago as 2015 - but instead ‘for various sim-racing activities including Pikes Peak International Hill Climb participation.’ Interesting. More details are to follow later in the year

Oh My God Omg GIF by The Office

Last edited:
For a deep dive into the Hyundai Ioniq 5 N (without the "TA"), check the video below.

Some may think the fake engine sounds are a gimmick, however I think they provide very valuable aural feedback to the driver. I certainly find it a lot harder to drive fast with the sound turned off and I have trouble driving EVs fast because of the lack of clear "pitch" in the electric motor/tire/wind sounds of an EV. In an ICE car, I know what gear I'm in and combined with the engine pitch, I have a better idea of whether I'm approaching a turn too fast or slow based on experience on prior laps.

And anyway, it's cool to make pops and bangs 😂

"Hyundai N also announced today that it plans to collaborate with Gran Turismo (GT), the popular sim-racing video game franchise made for PlayStation consoles.

Hyundai N has a long history with Gran Turismo with the Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo released back in 2015. And this time, Hyundai N and Gran Turismo will collaborate again for various sim-racing activities including Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) participation. More details will come later in this year.

In the meantime, visitors to Hyundai’s N24 booth can experience the most recent GT release, Gran Turismo 7, with 10 stations available for use. Hyundai will also be holding an on-site competition event for visiting customers during the N24 period."

Holy moly that's good

GT has been sponsoring Pikes Peak for years...

Haven't seen any out of that, except for our constant GTP tears and moaning....

Not gonna get my hopes up for nothing until Kaz comes out.

I guess they enjoy toying with our expectations to generate buzz... Let's keep silent and not say anything until they deliver more.

Just out of curiosity, why was this posted in the GTS section and not the GT7 section?

Edit: Nevermind, you fixed it. :)

Last edited:
Not sure where and why people are thinking Pike's is coming from this though?

I agree it's probably something that's just been badly worded, but it's also not unreasonable to conclude that the game needs both Hyundai and PP in it, for what they've said to come to pass.

The release goes on to state that they “will collaborate again for various sim-racing activities including Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC) participation”

There's been plenty of smoke pointing toward the inclusion of Pikes Peak for a while now, but most chose to ignore it.

• The Pikes Peak scape which was used as promotion for one update but never officially released (usually the track related scapes launch with the track release)
  • Inclusion of a Pikes Peak tag when other track-specific cars don't have them (Isle of Man)
  • Polyphony holding the exclusive license.
  • Confirmation of Dai Yoshihara's Pikes Peak Tesla coming to GT7 just before the game launched.

If this collaboration is being revealed at N24 I guess we don't have long to wait and find out for sure at least.

We really need better Hyundai models in the game. The Genesis Coupe being their only car outside of the VGT is pretty sad.

The Genesis is a fine car for the segment it’s in, but they’ve made such better products since then like the Elantra N, Ioniq 5 N, the Veloster N, i30N, i20N, N 74, etc.

If I could go out and buy a $40,000 hot hatch tomorrow. I’d definitely pick the Elantra N myself, so I might have a bit of bias here, but Hyundai is making much more exciting cars than they did a decade ago, so they are sorely in need of an upgrade in GT7.

An Elantra N TCR in Gr.4 would be amazing too.

In the meantime, visitors to Hyundai’s N24 booth can experience the most recent GT release, Gran Turismo 7, with 10 stations available for use. Hyundai will also be holding an on-site competition event for visiting customers during the N24 period.
It'll probably end up being just the same on-site thing at the Pikes Peak event in a few weeks, but we can dream.

Am I the only one who's not pining for Pikes Peak? It's a TT track (or whatever it's considered) only and there is no actual racing on it. I prefer to be put up against other cars/drivers than the stopwatch myself.
Quite a lot of people enjoy just TTing. In fact looking at the user numbers for the Online TTs vs the daily races and GTWS, there's more interest in the former (some of that is absolutely due to the PS Plus requirements).

It'll probably end up being just the same on-site thing at the Pikes Peak event in a few weeks, but we can dream.

Quite a lot of people enjoy just TTing. In fact looking at the user numbers for the Online TTs vs the daily races and GTWS, there's more interest in the former (some of that is absolutely due to the PS Plus requirements).
I am not saying people don't enjoy it, I am just not one of them. IMO, the thing that draws people to the online TT events is the potential for 2mil credits, and being able to compete with the whole online community. That will be fun, but once that two weeks is over it's so lackluster.

If Pikes Peak comes, it will definitely be an online TT event right away. But then what? What's there to do with it after the online event? You can try to get your own best times in whatever car you want of course, just like you can at any other track, but racing other cars there is far from ideal if it's even available at all... even in a virtual, 1P world.

I can't see it ever being used in Sport Mode racing ever. I mean, it would make a good meme race. Can you imagine the lols. :lol:

I guess we'll see how it all shakes out but it just seems like a very limited use of a venue whereas they could've put their resources into giving us a track that is much more versatile, like Montreal, Road America, Silverstone, etc.

“Broadmoor Pikes Peak International Hill Climb (PPIHC), brought to you by Gran Turismo”

Man, how can be a video game, which main thing it is to bring real life cars and locations to the screen for more people to enjoy these, be the main sponsor of one of these locations (or more specifically event) and it still isn’t in the game, while all the other locations which are in the game, it isn’t the main sponsor of..
That’s a bit weird

Am I the only one who's not pining for Pikes Peak? It's a TT track (or whatever it's considered) only and there is no actual racing on it. I prefer to be put up against other cars/drivers than the stopwatch myself.
Not sure about the TT aspect as Pikes Peak has been paved.

As for the 2M motivation with online TTs, I don't share it, especially as I rarely get gold. And I am not alone as there are only 10% of the players who get gold (sometimes less, sometimes more).

I can't see it ever being used in Sport Mode racing ever. I mean, it would make a good meme race. Can you imagine the lols.
Only a very small minority of the userbase plays Sport Mode, so PD likely do not consider them when allocating resources. This is very much a single player game.

Hillclimbs should absolutely have a place in a game about driving culture (and of course have already been in the series - come back Goodwood) alongside track racing, off road, drifting, drag racing, tuning, etc.

Last edited:
Speaking only for myself - I'm not saying something like Silverstone wouldn't be a good addition, but my excitement for something like that would be dimmed a bit by the fact that I've driven it in like 20 other games already. By contrast Pikes Peak would have a lot of novelty to it, since I think the course proper has been in 2 games total (not including GT2's weird version).

Back