Hyundai N Announces Gran Turismo Collaboration

• Thread starter PGodia10
  • 136 comments
Not sure about the TT aspect as Pikes Peak has been paved.

As for the 2M motivation with online TTs, I don't share it, especially as I rarely get gold. And I am not alone as there are only 10% of the players who get gold (sometimes less, sometimes more).
When I say TT I just mean all you can do there is compete against the clock.

For the Online TT event that would surely follow its release (should it be released), I did say the potential to get 2mil credits. Regardless of the medal one earns, there is a monetary reward/value to doing the online TT events in a game that's proven to have a broken/difficult economy (but let's not open that Pandora's box here). Thus, people participate to get their credits, whether it's 2mil or 500k. 500k is still a great haul of credits, IMO.

I also said that part of the draw to the online TT events is the ability to compare times with the community, which one can't do in 1P TTs against the stopwatch (short of one's friends list).

Only a very small minority of the userbase plays Sport Mode, so PD likely do not consider them when allocating resources. This is very much a single player game.

Hillclimbs should absolutely have a place in a game about driving culture (and of course have already been in the series - come back Goodwood) alongside track racing, off road, drifting, drag racing, tuning, etc.

...but racing other cars there is far from ideal if it's even available at all... even in a virtual, 1P world.

Y'all picking apart what I am saying without including the whole thing. I included Sport Mode AND single player. I'd be surprised if the game allows someone to race in a 20 car grid up Pikes Peak even in single player, but PD's shocked me more than once. That's why I said we'll have to wait and see how this plays out.

As I already said...
I prefer to be put up against other cars/drivers than the stopwatch myself.
Sure, there are other things you can do with Pikes Peak. I guess. TT and drift up it? I don't even know... but racing other cars - whether in Sport Mode or 1P - likely won't be one of them. Thus, yours truly is not a fan. I'd much rather have [insert your favorite road track here].

Last edited:
Not sure about the TT aspect as Pikes Peak has been paved.

As for the 2M motivation with online TTs, I don't share it, especially as I rarely get gold. And I am not alone as there are only 10% of the players who get gold (sometimes less, sometimes more).
Yeah but the 1M for silver are still a good payout, I get it almost every time and I’m more of an average player I would say

I've discussed with many folks across the internet regarding the Vision GT collaborations NOT being a waste of Polyphony Digital's resources, neither a waste of our time despite many of us having a distaste for the VGTs (This does not include me, I love the creativity and opportunity for manufacturers to create without limitations, vehicles which we can enjoy in the virtual world).

My point has always been that these collaborations build PD's reputation and open the door for manufacturers to be more willing to license various cars for PD's use as time goes on.

Patience is necessary, and I believe this collaboration is a result of having patience. Hopefully we will see MANY MORE partnerships with manufacturers that should naturally trickle down in our favor.

But honestly, though, I will be shocked, if this collab actually finally brings Pikes Peak into the game. GT literally has the collaboration with the event itself and even that didn't get the track added. So I don't see how a collab with just one participating team will change that.
A car is possible, I guess, but only that Pikes Peak one they built, not other N Hyundais.

Kaz announced races including 24 hours (edit: removed certain wording not included in a quoted statement on page 3, see that source for exact wording) over a year and a half ago... no sign of those yet so wouldn't hang your hat on this

Last edited:
This reminded me of how polyphony still has the exclusive license for pikes peak and still haven’t added it to the game

Just saw this on YT:

I hope this good relationship with the Korean brand can also be translated into the addition of Korean circuits such as Inje Speedium and Everland Speedway.

Last edited:
I take it everyone asking about Pike's Peak is upset the Goodwood Hill Climbs is missing, as well? The only other time I can remember GT doing a point to point race was the Goodwood Hill Climb and I don't remember people raving about it.
GT5 used point-to-point races for the Rally special events. That's the only time PD did 'proper' rally stages iirc. Pike's Peak offers the opportunity for point-to-point rally events again.

As for why no one was raving about Goodwood, it's likely because it's a rather forgettable track in a rather forgettable game in the series (GT6).

Last edited:
It's official, PD is looking to add Pikes Peak...

MV5BOWM0N2NmMjYtOTMxYi00ZmFiLTg3YmYtNTE2ZTc0NmVjMTExXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTI4ODc2NDY@._V1_QL75_UY207_CR114,0,140,207_.jpg

...in GT2.

I take it everyone asking about Pike's Peak is upset the Goodwood Hill Climbs is missing, as well? The only other time I can remember GT doing a point to point race was the Goodwood Hill Climb and I don't remember people raving about it.
Upset is probably pushing it, but I'd very much like Goodwood to return. It's a great event, I love it, and I go regularly, I enjoyed it in 6 and that experience is part of why I try and go every year, I'd definitely take it over the likes of Silverstone or other plain, flat, wide dullodromes. It would go well with the Goodwood circuit, and if they really wanted, they could add the rally stage too.

I do however recognise that it likely comes with a significant licensing cost, potentially more involved modelling (given the event's 'density'), and it only offers a very specific challenge, with a very short duration. I'd imagine the commercials of adding PPIHC are more favourable, as is the challenge on offer, and the duration of it, but in either case I think Hill Climbs are more 'niche' than other circuits - so I understand why they're not in a rush to add them back, even though I'd personally love it. Given a set amount of resource, If it's Goodwood versus Silverstone, I'm taking Goodwood. If it were Goodwood versus Knockhill AND Oulton Park, I'm picking the last two everytime.

if they would add pp track...they would already did...what's been now, 10 years since they sponsor pp competition?

but if gift from a sky happens...then I will be more than happy...gt7 has so many variety of cars to use on a pikes track..woow

We really need better Hyundai models in the game. The Genesis Coupe being their only car outside of the VGT is pretty sad.

The Genesis is a fine car for the segment it’s in, but they’ve made such better products since then like the Elantra N, Ioniq 5 N, the Veloster N, i30N, i20N, N 74, etc.

If I could go out and buy a $40,000 hot hatch tomorrow. I’d definitely pick the Elantra N myself, so I might have a bit of bias here, but Hyundai is making much more exciting cars than they did a decade ago, so they are sorely in need of an upgrade in GT7.

An Elantra N TCR in Gr.4 would be amazing too.
It may not be a "better" Hyundai, but it's the only Hyundai I really want. (listening to "Get Low")

Hyundai-Tiburon-II.jpg

Would be cool if Keiichi Tsuchiya is involved as well. He’s been representing Hyundai models recently. Got to see him drift the Ioniq N around Sydney Motorsport Park at last years World Time Attack. I also been posting some of the recent Best Motoring volumes featuring Hyundai models.

I wonder if the reason Pikes Peak been taking so long to be added is due to some licensing changes.

Your are better driver than me then, I do not get silver each time 😊
Oh ok, if you haven’t done that before, try loading a Ghost of a player who got Silver or even Gold, to watch and learn what he’s doing, that can really help getting better

Well it’s better than no news I suppose. I have wanted more Hyundai vehicles in GT7 for a while now. I really want the N line i30 hatch back. Premium probably the way to go and the Sedan version. These Pikes Peak cars would be great too. I hope something like this does happen. But could just be promotion stuff no content and that’s it. But it would make the most sense if we got actual new content to promote in game. It’s better for both sides.

Well it’s better than no news I suppose. I have wanted more Hyundai vehicles in GT7 for a while now. I really want the N line i30 hatch back. Premium probably the way to go and the Sedan version. These Pikes Peak cars would be great too. I hope something like this does happen. But could just be promotion stuff no content and that’s it. But it would make the most sense if we got actual new content to promote in game. It’s better for both sides.
they could promote and even get paid...if they would make PAID DLC pikes peak challenge...
6-10 cars + full track...imagine if there was sim rig station at pikes competition gathering...even those old guys that don't play game..would try out
and it would be what ?almost 10 years pikes was actually in game..not mods..but official
maybe it's time someone bring it...
I know I bought dirt rally just because of this track...and loeb evo rally game...even if I don't play it ( I did )...but there are times I take peugeot and race uphill

GT5 had quite a few point to point races and rally events.

We've heard soo much about Pikes Peak for soo many years. Why would it be this collaboration that FINALLY gets it over the line?

Latest Posts

Back