If you have an Apple product, post in here.

• Thread starter DuckRacer
  • 172 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckRacer

Premium
Why Apple Products are God's gift to mankind:

FACT #1: Apple products like the iPod and Macbook are the coolest devices. Ever.

FACT #2: They also make you far cooler than those nerds with Zunes and Windoze PCs.

FACT #3: They're extremely easy to use while also being very versatile. In the case of the Mac, they're also immune to viruses. Unlike Windoze.

FACT #4: The gaming community on Mac OSX is growing with the constant support of Blizzard, the recently enhanced support from Electronic Arts, and the decision by the acclaimed id Software to make the Mac a notable platform for their new game, "Rage".

FACT #5: On the flip side, with Windoze, the gaming community is slowly dying with the recent bombing of Unreal Tournament 3, the widespread piracy, and the recent, major release of Assassin's Creed having its PC port delayed. You do not see such delays on Mac OSX, clearly making the Mac a superior gaming platform.

FACT #6: The iPhone's touch screen is so revolutionary it can make calls, play Game Boy, listen to music, play videos, and even fold your own laundry.​

I hope you have seen why Apple products are so spectacular, so godly. Please post in here naming the Apple product(s) you have to receive unending praises from soon-to-be your own personal, beer delivering strippers. Forget Pastafarianism and its Flying Spaghetti Monster, the club of the Applites is far more fun and rewarding. Join now!

I threw up a little in my mouth... Anyway, let me name off the typical words that will be posted.. Troll, Fanboy, etc.

Why do Mac owners think they are superior to everyone else? All you have is a PC running a different operating system. I don't see Linux people running all over the place saying how sweet they are and making really stupid commercials to make your think their product is better.

Oh and my Zune is better then the three iPods I had...which all broke.

FACT #1: Apple products like the iPod and Macbook are the coolest devices. Ever.

FACT #2: They also make you far cooler than those nerds with Zunes and Windoze PCs.

FACT #3: They're extremely easy to use while also being very versatile. In the case of the Mac, they're also immune to viruses. Unlike Windoze.

FACT #4: The gaming community on Mac OSX is growing with the constant support of Blizzard, the recently enhanced support from Electronic Arts, and the decision by the acclaimed id Software to make the Mac a notable platform for their new game, "Rage".

FACT #5: On the flip side, with Windoze, the gaming community is slowly dying with the recent bombing of Unreal Tournament 3, the widespread piracy, and the recent, major release of Assassin's Creed having its PC port delayed. You do not see such delays on Mac OSX, clearly making the Mac a superior gaming platform.

FACT #6: The iPhone's touch screen is so revolutionary it can make calls, play Game Boy, listen to music, play videos, and even fold your own laundry.​
I hope you have seen why Apple products are so spectacular, so godly. Please post in here naming the Apple product(s) you have to receive unending praises from soon-to-be your own personal, beer delivering strippers. Forget Pastafarianism and its Flying Spaghetti Monster, the club of the Applites is far more fun and rewarding. Join now!

I completely agree with the above post. Even though I only own an iPod touch. Couldn't afford a Macbook... :indiff:

Why do Mac owners think they are superior to everyone else? All you have is a PC running a different operating system. I don't see Linux people running all over the place saying how sweet they are and making really stupid commercials to make your think their product is better.

Linux fanboys are the worst. They will never ever shut up about how awesome they are because they run linux.

Linux fanboys are the worst. They will never ever shut up about how awesome they are because they run linux.

I know two people who run Linux and the only way I found out is that I had to use their laptop. Oh my old xbox runs it as well but I just have a ton of crap on it and use it as a media centre.

A load of fanboy rubbish
Why do you feel such fanboy-ism to a company that produces good and bad products then same as every other company?

I buy stuff because I want it, or because its a good product. I do not care who makes it.

I don't see Linux people running all over the place saying how sweet they are […]
You are joking, yes?

I threw up a little in my mouth... Anyway, let me name off the typical words that will be posted.. Troll, Fanboy, etc.
For someone who hates Apple products so much, you have a rather strange affinity for buying them and then trashing the company and its users at every opportune moment you get.

Anyway, in chronological order:

Power Macintosh G3
“Snow” iBook G3
iPod (4G Click Wheel)
iMac G5 (1st-gen)
MacBook (1st-gen)
iPod nano (1st-gen)

The Power Mac is gone, and I sold my iBook a year ago. The iMac is my parents’ and the MacBook is mine. The 4G iPod is currently serving duty as a backup drive (anybody want it?) and the nano is for gym.

BTW, while I think EWillis went overboard (probably on purpose, mind you), I don’t see how this is different from the Honda Fan Club or the Audi Fan Club or the Mazda forum etc. etc.

iPod touch sucks because you can't edit the calendar. What genius decided on that?

iPhone's seem great, but I've got Verizon.

For the record, I own a Macbook. I really like it a lot, but the hardware could be more reliable.

You are joking, yes?

For someone who hates Apple products so much, you have a rather strange affinity for buying them and then trashing the company and its users at every opportune moment you get.

Yeah, doesn't he own an iPod touch? :rolleyes:

iPod touch sucks because you can't edit the calendar. What genius decided on that?

Yes you can.

Like Daan says... I buy stuff because I want it, or because its a good product. The touch is a great PDA and that's WHAT IT IS not an iPod. It's idiots like duck that I hate and why I bash them. But I do enough bashing to go around for every product.

And the Apple sheep go "Bah!"

But seriously, Duck, your logic is flawed like any youth's. This is to be expected of course, but you can go pray to your Steve Jobs altar some more.

Srsly.

$2000 a happy Macbook owner will make.

Until I see that I will happily stick to my HP which does things just as well for half the price:sly:.

Oh yeah. We had an old Power Mac. I think that is still downstairs. We also had an old pink iMac. Biggest POS ever. Now we have an eMac. Biggest POS ever. As you can see, I haven't had happy times with Macs.

Hater. :P

Linux fanboys are the best.

Fixed. Actually I run OSX mostly now on my G4. Linux got a bit irritating, I mean, I like it, until I realize I don't have the time.

I prefer Mac machines for what I do now, Recording and photo editing, not that you can't do that on a PC, I've just always liked it on the Mac better. I like older Macs better. It seems most of their latest equipment has issues, but I wouldn't mind a Mac Pro. I mean, I wouldn't mind if someone bought me a Mac Pro. I mean, buy me a Mac Pro. I MEAN, BUY ME A MAC PRO NOW.

Yeah, I like OS X (note the space!) but this thread is rather over-the-top and frankly, embarrassing to many mac users, myself included. Personally, I use OS X because I prefer an enjoyable* OS and computing experience. Considering how much time I spend on computers, I'm willing to pay a premium for that.

Powerbook G4-867 Mhz -- 2003
Power Mac G5-Dual 1.8 Ghz -- 2003 -- My parents'
Powerbook G4-1.67 Ghz -- 2005

The second one has run perfectly since day one. I'm posting this on the third.

iPod 40 GB -- 2005
iPod 60 GB -- 2006

The 40 GB works fine still, but the 60 GB was a gift.

*used subjectively, of course

iPod Video 30Gb, had for around 1 and a half years and has never had a problem. I plan on getting an iPhone too :)

Currently:
Apple iPod Mini, 6GB (2004)

Future:
Used MacBook, maybe, just so I can be "cool" like all the other kids with laptops at school...

Why do you feel such fanboy-ism to a company that produces good and bad products then same as every other company?

I buy stuff because I want it, or because its a good product. I do not care who makes it.
And the Apple sheep go "Bah!"

But seriously, Duck, your logic is flawed like any youth's. This is to be expected of course, but you can go pray to your Steve Jobs altar some more.

Srsly.
:lol:

Let those bitter tears flow into your desktops so they would short-circuit and convince you to buy a Mac. Let them flow.

Please note that this thread is intentionally biased towards Apple products. I do not hold such a severe bias personally. Those who are upset because of this topic serve as light-hearted entertainment on this glorious day. Merry Christmas!

Oh yeah, totally forgot:

G4 (AGP Graphics)
G3 (Blue and White)
Mac LC III (With a whopping 8-meg ram upgrade!!)
Apple IIgs (I own it for the Ensoniq DOC chip, which is also found in the Ensoniq Mirage and ESQ-1 synths.)

They're all in my room, of course.

Let those bitter tears flow into your desktops so they would short-circuit and convince you to buy a Mac. Let them flow.
Look at me. This is my bitter face, just so you know.
indifferent.gif

Can your apple play GTR2/WTCC/Live For Speed/rFactor? If not, I have no need for an apple.

What racing sims do work on an apple?

I do not hold such a severe bias personally.
Yeah. Right.

Mac LC III
Apple IIgs
Oh, you are so awesome. 👍 (Although you’d be even cooler if you wrote the latter’s name correctly – Apple //gs. ;))

Do they still work? I love watching old computers boot up and work and their old GUIs and everything.

And daan, if a game can run on Windows, it can run on a Mac. ;) New Macs run XP and Vista just fine.

Oh, you are so awesome. 👍 (Although you’d be even cooler if you wrote the latter’s name correctly – Apple //gs. ;))

Do they still work? I love watching old computers boot up and work and their old GUIs and everything.

And daan, if a game can run on Windows, it can run on a Mac. ;) New Macs run XP and Vista just fine.

The LC III is iffy. I have to do a dance and whatnot to get the hard drive to spin when I turn it on. I'm in the process of getting a Compact Flash controller for the //gs (it says IIGS on the case though) because floppies are extremely annoying. I have the original Mario for it. Quite fun...

Its funny because some Apple products are not really the best at what they set out to do and they are bloody expensive but because of excellent branding, style and a bit of brainwashing all you want is their stuff.....

all the other companies literally fight over the remaining scraps.....jesus I hope they don't do a games console!

I myself am more of a Sony man but I do own 2 pieces of apple kit... a 4G 20GB iPod (b&w screen)......

and an uber retro Apple Powerbook 170, its as thick as a brick has a backlit monochrome screen old mobile style WOOT! which you can see even with the backlight off! and has a great proper chunky keyboard plus a full sized trackball for playing Shuffle Puck Cafe! The laptop is circa 1991 ish and was made in Ireland! oh and has the old rainbow colored logo!

I love it to bits! Heres a pic off the net...

pb170.jpg

Robin

Fakepost! I'm surprised more people didn't pick it up...

Because no one has bothered to properly try yet. Everyone focuses on Windows since they can target a much larger audience. Yes, it is more immune, but if you have some MS software like Office installed on it then some viruses can be specifically targeted towards it. Well, whoever installs MS software on a Mac anyway I don't know. :P

FACT #5:You do not see such delays on Mac OSX, clearly making the Mac a superior gaming platform.
There are no delays since there is nothing to delay.

FACT #6: The iPhone's touch screen is so revolutionary it can make calls, play Game Boy, listen to music, play videos, and even fold your own laundry.
Nothing that the PSP can't do, minus the touchscreen. Revolutionary my arse.

I don't have anything directly against Apple products, because I like them too, but they can be expensive and other products do the same things and more the a lesser price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back