iRacing Paint Schemes Thread

• Thread starter RACECAR
  • 1,723 comments
Pics of my Toyota Camry B Class Template:

2009 Version
ToyotaCamryClassB2009.jpg

2012 Version
ToyotaCamryClassB2012.jpg

2009 version is complete. 2012 version is still being refined abit and cleaned up. Hoping to get some ingame pics from both. Before anyone says this, I know this is basically on the Chevy Impala mesh. I've done this sort of template making plenty of times in NR2003.

Edit: 2012 version is finally complete. Car now has proper headlights and placement.

Last edited:
You know what, I've just gotten some inspiration from Hwangm's Diablo III car and have decided to do a gamestop car with it on. Upon completion, I'll post the flat here and If I can find a guy willing to take in-game pics of it, I'll replace it with that.

I just got the star mazda, anyone want to make me a gtplanet skin? I'll pay ya a couple dollars :D

I could take a go at it since no one else appears to be, I've got nothing better to do since school is out so I can do it. Any idea as to how you want it?

You know what, I've just gotten some inspiration from Hwangm's Diablo III car and have decided to do a gamestop car with it on. Upon completion, I'll post the flat here and If I can find a guy willing to take in-game pics of it, I'll replace it with that.

I could take a go at it since no one else appears to be, I've got nothing better to do since school is out so I can do it. Any idea as to how you want it?

Your lucky, my school doesn't end for 3 more weeks :( Design is up to you, as long as there is a gtplanet logo on the side and the car is painted a whitish gray and has a red stripe. :)

@MADCAP, btw those Fanta skins look AMAZING. You guys got a lot of talent. Thank you guys for sharing your work (Diablo, Fanta, etc)

Diablo III Car complete:

GamestopDiabloIIIToyota.jpg

Think I really outidid myself with this one.

And Zedfonsie, your request is being worked on.

Danny from raceskins.com has just finished up three of my cars 👍

Showroom-TP3.jpg

Take a look here for more info. Danny has done some truly excellent work for me and is a thorough professional. Highly recommended 👍

I'll be commissioning a few more from Danny very soon :)

All my Toyotas have now been upgraded to the 2012 Headlights and Tail lights. Template can be downloaded here.

Where do you guys get your templates from?

I downloaded the trading paint templates and their all multi-coloured. How would I make the layers one colour and how would I make a decent skin?

Last edited:
Where do you guys get your templates from?

I downloaded the trading paint templates and their all multi-coloured. How would I make the layers one colour and how would I make a decent skin?

Those are the template we all use. Those Red/green/blue ones are the templates you see in the sim paintshop. Yu can remove them and use the plain template at the bottom to use your own design or you can use those by extracting the layers and painting them the color you want.

when you say extract the layers, do you mean extract the layers from the layer folder or extract the color layer from a certain scheme layer?

also, I think I've asked this before but I'm moving my off-topic conversation from the Cadillac cup to here, is there an update or anything from trading paints that expands the window fully or a way to download paints from the website and not the program,or a thread in iracing that shows a way around it? (original question was this, "Are you able to get skippy, spec racer, or star mazda paints? i use the express window and it covers them up")

also when I download using the desktop program, it overwrites a person's file who has deleted the original and posted a new paint scheme?

Edit: problem for question 2 is resolved, towards the bottom of the iRacing forum is this thread, it works!
http://members.iracing.com/jforum/posts/list/1960692.page

Last edited:
Roush I use the Desktop one (I have the same view problem) and that allows you to still see the Options Tab, if you hit that you'll see a Subscription Tab, check the cars you want and you'll be good from there.

On my trading paints all the paints are selected. Do you download them all and select from the downloads or just the ones you want?

Dunlop GT pair:
Dunlop_C6R2.png

Dunlop_FGT2.png

Should I go for the Dunlop HPD?

Edit: HPD to keep them company:
Dunlop_HPD.png

Last edited:
Looks nice 👍
But maybe you should also add some other sponsors. Or a shape or something like this.

This is for the Street Stock, right?

Back