Japanese Classic Racing Series | Season 3| Race Two Saturda @ 3pm GMT!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 658 comments
I will not! :( (And that was mostly a preparation for the later race driver excuses when i actually come last in the first race.. )

True, my tires wear completely even and i can do fast times for 20 laps or something like that ;)

I think he meant his tyres wear at the same rate so the car doesn't change much over a race distance? 💡

Edit: Testing a suzuka to choose a new car since the Eclipse is out. Laps are as follows.

Toyota Altezza: 1:03.5xx
Nissan Skyline: 1:02.9xx

Last edited:
I think he meant his tyres wear at the same rate so the car doesn't change much over a race distance? 💡

Edit: Testing a suzuka to choose a new car since the Eclipse is out. Laps are as follows.

Toyota Altezza: 1:03.5xx
Nissan Skyline: 1:02.9xx

Mazda is on terms with the Skyline too. 👍

Honda's best is 1'02.977 but doing that, the tyres would only last 5 laps max. :nervous:

EDIT: Also I wasn't sure if he was being sarcastic as 20 fast laps is a lot out of 1 set.

20 laps was a bit of an overstatement, haven't tested how long i can go with the same tires ^^ at least 10 laps without getting slow.

20 laps was a bit of an overstatement, haven't tested how long i can go with the same tires ^^ at least 10 laps without getting slow.

Exactly. If I ran the Honda hard, the tyres would last 5 laps before I become 1+ seconds slower, 10 if I run 3 or 4 tenths slower. :(

I haven't tested anything with the wheel yet by the way so i hope i'll get the same times with it as with the controller ^^

I think the FFs will be in a bad situation when it comes to tire wear then..

Edit: I wonder how the Eclipse would have coped at this track.

I rekon this is just a rwd track tbh but im leaning towards the Honda anyway as it suits me more and i'm fairly consistant with it in a 10 lap run bar mistakes.

Still to test the Rx7 and Silvia as they are on my GTP acc while the other 3 are on my main.

I think the FFs will be in a bad situation when it comes to tire wear then..

Edit: I wonder how the Eclipse would have coped at this track.

Well, yes. That's why for the second race at Tsukuba I wasn't pushing at all.

I rekon this is just a rwd track tbh but im leaning towards the Honda anyway as it suits me more and i'm fairly consistant with it in a 10 lap run bar mistakes.

Still to test the Rx7 and Silvia as they are on my GTP acc while the other 3 are on my main.

It's better for FFs than Tsukuba, but the Honda is not sufficiently fast enough that it's tyre wear is not a problem.

Well we will see, testing the last 2 cars then will make my decision but its looking like im joining the other Hondas ;).

Well we will see, testing the last 2 cars then will make my decision but its looking like im joining the other Hondas ;).

Well, it'll be nice to have someone else to battle with especially in the later stages. 👍

1'03.9. Greetings from Suzuka, have a nice day.

Keep practising, you're a second off, reckon you can get that down easily. ;)

I don't think you'll be that much off.. with slipstream you might be able to conserve the tires for a little bit longer and then you will be right there.

I don't think you'll be that much off.. with slipstream you might be able to conserve the tires for a little bit longer and then you will be right there.

I was in your slipstream at Tsukuba and could stay with you, but nowhere near enough to pass. :(

Longer straight here though. :)

At this track you just need to stay close through the esses and the slipstream should pull you back up on the straight. 👍

Shocking news... In the Mazda I got a 1:02.740 :eek:. (On lap 1 and 5 were both 1:02.7s)

Despite the Mazdas great pace here im sticking with the Honda, it will have its day at Spa or Laguna. (I hope :lol:)

Wohooooo! Victory!!! Didn't expect that phew i was so afraid of making mistakes ^^

Here we have the updated standings, tell me if you see anything wrong!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aq78NET9U57UdHplZDNqSkMwcTFPeW5ibWJCellHZVE

If you're doing the manufactures' by highest result- you missed out Paul. 👍- might actually be better to average them. 👍

I also want to apologise to Niko for the incident in the sprint- I think we were both expecting each other to give more room. :guilty: Also to Paul for the hit in the feature- you braked really unexpectedly and I couldn't react in time- my fault, sorry. :)

Again it's proven that the Honda is the slowest car and has the worst tyre wear. So when I come back after Spa, I may well consider a car change. 👍

If you're doing the manufactures' by highest result- you missed out Paul. 👍- might actually be better to average them. 👍

I also want to apologise to Niko for the incident in the sprint- I think we were both expecting each other to give more room. :guilty: Also to Paul for the hit in the feature- you braked really unexpectedly and I couldn't react in time- my fault, sorry. :)

Again it's proven that the Honda is the slowest car and has the worst tyre wear. So when I come back after Spa, I may well consider a car change. 👍

I actually am doing averages.. you can check the formulas ;) only reason Nissan got so high in the feature was because i was the only one.

Yeah that was probably a big misunderstanding from both of us, sorry about that. At least you created some exciting catching up work for me ^^ From what i've seen in the replay i seemed to be the fastest from then on in that race.

And the second race pretty much made up for everything in the first. ^^

I actually am doing averages.. you can check the formulas ;) only reason Nissan got so high in the feature was because i was the only one.

Yeah that was probably a big misunderstanding from both of us, sorry about that. At least you created some exciting catching up work for me ^^ From what i've seen in the replay i seemed to be the fastest from then on in that race.

And the second race pretty much made up for everything in the first. ^^

Yeah. You were seriously fast, I think this was a good track for the Nissan too. 👍

And congrats on your win. :)

Oh, yeah they are averages, I just saw the 25 and thought it was highest result. :dunce:

I improved to 1'02.930 but I was pretty much running mid 1'03s. :( The tyre wear and understeer was killing me and the on the launches the RWDs were just too fast no matter what I did. *Sigh*

Back