Japanese Classic Street Racing - Season Over - New Season Coming Soon!

• Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 575 comments
Right, did a private lounge run and now have a time to present.

Best lap: 2'01.584

Did you do many laps? doesn't feel like an impossible time.. i should be able to scrape a couple of seconds off mine.. only driven three laps so far.. let's hope i don't start practising to late this time, in tokyo i didn't find the pace until the race..

Crispy: being in the middle is sick, especially when you drive three wide in corners ^^

Did you do many laps? doesn't feel like an impossible time.. i should be able to scrape a couple of seconds off mine.. only driven three laps so far.. let's hope i don't start practising to late this time, in tokyo i didn't find the pace until the race..

Crispy: being in the middle is sick, especially when you drive three wide in corners ^^

I was very much 🤬 my pants every time we had to turn. I do turn very, very wide. I'll squeeze in some laps in today.

i think we all were worried when turning like that :P if anyone screw up it could ruin the race for all of us ^^ but that's what we love about racing, balancing on the edge between winning and failing miserably.

After some practising i finally found some time and caught up with sumos time, my latest time is 2:01.427 :)

So sumo have you done any more practising and made some new impossible time we'll have to beat? :P

by the way man it's hard to get temperature in the tires on this track! can't do decent times until earliest the second flying lap! oh and am the only one who has to use the handbrake to turn in the tight hairpin? ^^ the 4WD doesn't love that corner..

Last edited:
I'll work on it. But I'm pretty sure the 3000GT is capable of going faster as a whole than the 32.

I hate you Sumo :P i'll try again tomorrow, maybe i can get a little bit lower, probably made some mistakes.. the chicane after the tunnel is really tricky.

haven't seen him since tokyo.. have you tried contacting him on PSN? I wonder what happened to him, loved fighting him in the early races, a bit sad if he won't be in the last one either.

Probably school work. Sorry I have been inactive, I got a virus from watching Jackass 3-D on the internet lmao. All clearned now (I think)

You should join us posting practise times, it would be nice to have someone more human than sumo to compare one with.

Ive got bored of GT5 lately, coupled by the fact that my clutch has broke and my Dad wont let me buy a new pedal set and the fact he says he will fix it yet can never be bothered... its not good.

....it would be nice to have someone more human than sumo to compare one with.

Here is a humane one for ya: 2:03.985..offline..
That was the result of my first 8 practicelaps. I´ve always avoided Monaco for many reasons, but having 2 races in one week on that track...well, cant put it off any longer.. :)

Phouchg
....it would be nice to have someone more human than sumo to compare one with.

Code:
01001001 00100111 01101101 00100000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01100110 01100101 01100011 01110100 01101100 01111001 00100000 01101000 01110101 01101101 01100001 01101110 00100001
:dopey:

Ive got bored of GT5 lately, coupled by the fact that my clutch has broke and my Dad wont let me buy a new pedal set and the fact he says he will fix it yet can never be bothered... its not good.

Oh right that stupid clutch, i hope he'll fix it, you can't fix it yourself?
otherwise it's real fun to race without clutch as well.. sumo even manages without a wheel right? let's just have real fun for one last race :)

Sumo098
I'm perfectly human!
You keep telling yourself that ;)

ID_racing
Here is a humane one for ya: 2:03.985..offline..
Thank you ID! now i can admit i did 30 laps before i got that 2:01.4, doesn't feel that bad.. mine was online though, don't see any meaning in practising offline any more since it's so much more slippery online.

Oh right that stupid clutch, i hope he'll fix it, you can't fix it yourself?
otherwise it's real fun to race without clutch as well.. sumo even manages without a wheel right? let's just have real fun for one last race :)

You keep telling yourself that ;)

Thank you ID! now i can admit i did 30 laps before i got that 2:01.4, doesn't feel that bad.. mine was online though, don't see any meaning in practising offline any more since it's so much more slippery online.

Inside the pedals, a spring basically shattered as I let go of the clutch. To fix it, I need a new spring. Thats why I cant fix it right now. :(

Bow down and.......laugh at the 2:11. I feel ashamed even though it was on a DS3

havnt played GT5 since last race. Entering the race with no practise. Really got no drive to play with a broken clutch, but for the race I will put a few sponges under the pedal to make it feel slightly springy :(

Great! we always welcome new drivers, just read the rules carefully, choose a car in the list, add TeamLotus_Europa and join at 6:20 pm British time (5:20 GMT) (that is when the quali starts, it's preferable to be there a while before so that you don't miss the start).

And by the way, NO quitting in the middle of the race! we've had some troubles with people doing that and it just sucks so please don't. :P

Am I right in thinking that this is the last race of the series, if so then i dont think i will bother if one race unless you make a second series.

If you do make a second season/series, please share the where-abouts in this thread, because it is an ideal time for me.

If the organisers of this series don't start another one I may go about starting another similar series with slightly faster cars.

Though all my focus is really on the race tonight. My victory shall be swift.

You are correct, this is the last race this season. Don't know if a second season is planned, the organizers will have to answer that.

edit: Your victory should not be at all! I will take a third consecutive win although you will still win the championship since it seems no one else is even near your pace :P

k, but I cant see the point in spending loads of money to race prepare a car for one race...
Probably would have done it in a civic

well you don't spend much money in this series since you can only change oil and rebuild it to original condition :)

Hi guys, me and Baku talked about making a second series based around American Muscle. Slightly faster cars than the ones we are using right now, such as the Camaro SS. But, lets focus on finishing this series!

Back