Lack of details in background trees

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread. Is awesome.

298999076_2da646173d.jpg

Maybe they will have better trees available as DLC when GT5 is released ?

YEAH!!!! that's the ticket, downloadable tree's. Let see .99cents for a Fir tree, maybe $1.25 for a big Redwood, what else ahh??? $25.00 for a Marijuana tree? How about some clouds after we smoke them tree's Hmmmm! Oh! don't forget the stars dude!!! I think we are on to something here.....Hhmmm!!! PD you listening quick before Forza or PGR get's a wiff of this thread dude this is AWWSOME!!!

YEAH!!!! that's the ticket, downloadable tree's. Let see .99cents for a Fir tree, maybe $1.25 for a big Redwood, what else ahh??? $25.00 for a Marijuana tree? How about some clouds after we smoke them tree's Hmmmm! Oh! don't forget the stars dude!!! I think we are on to something here.....Hhmmm!!! PD you listening quick before Forza or PGR get's a wiff of this thread dude this is AWWSOME!!!

lol:sly:

I better get some petunias in my Nurburgring or else...

Don't forget the Tulips dude! Tulips are EPIC mannn!!!! Oh! make sure they come with thier shadow's dude! can't forget the shadow you wouldn't want the other game developer's capping on us for forgetting the shadow's......"The SHADOW know's"

The problem with making the trees more detailed is that it would require a root-and-branch redesign of the entire 3D environment to implement, and the question is, wood it really be worth it? Perhaps we should take a leaf out of PD's book here and concentrate on the more important aspects of the game, like physics, cars, circuits etc., rather than pining for more detailed foliage?

Well, in my honest opinion, I think that when the weather comes into play, than the virtual rain will give virtual water to the virtual trees and make them more virtually 3d. It is a very well known fact that games that have low quality trees in them are lacking a good transfer system for the water. I have a feeling that GT5 will give a breakthrough in this regard.

The problem with making the trees more detailed is that it would require a root-and-branch redesign of the entire 3D environment to implement, and the question is, wood it really be worth it? Perhaps we should take a leaf out of PD's book here and concentrate on the more important aspects of the game, like physics, cars, circuits etc., rather than pining for more detailed foliage?
I like a guy who gets to the root of the matter and doesn't beat around the bush.

I think the only way were going to settle this is with a poll, Quick someone make a pole with the subject, ''Do you give a toss about trees in GT'', that should seperate the tree huggers from the real deal.

So if we have variable time of day racing, and the live temperatures as we can all see on the current home screen of GT5P, it would stand to reason that GT5 MUST be seasonally aware.

Therefore GT5 MUST, and I cannot put a big enough CAPs on MUST have Real Time Foliage.

I want to drive the 'Ring in the middle of winter and see no leaves on those trees (deciduous trees obviously.. the evergreens can stay, those hardy plants are so damn.. well... hardy).

Likewise I want to Togue up the side of Fuji as the burnt orange leaves from Japanese Maples litter the road and dance in my wake like golden butterflies chasing a sunbeam.

Anything less and this game will simply not be acceptable.

So if we have variable time of day racing, and the live temperatures as we can all see on the current home screen of GT5P, it would stand to reason that GT5 MUST be seasonally aware.

Therefore GT5 MUST, and I cannot put a big enough CAPs on MUST have Real Time Foliage.

I want to drive the 'Ring in the middle of winter and see no leaves on those trees (deciduous trees obviously.. the evergreens can stay, those hardy plants are so damn.. well... hardy).

Likewise I want to Togue up the side of Fuji as the burnt orange leaves from Japanese Maples litter the road and dance in my wake like golden butterflies chasing a sunbeam.

Anything less and this game will simply not be acceptable.
Is that better than just the CAPS?

Just imagine, we could have a license test where you need to drive into the mountains and find the best looking tree so you can cut it down for your christmas tree. You will, of course, be able to put this christmas tree up in your home appartment. Now that is home integration.

No one ever implied tree graphics were more important than car models. But environment graphics ARE important, it just happens to be, despite amazing car models, GT5P have noticably "average" environments.
Average in what sense?

I find GT5P environments top class: perfect scale and proportions, good detail, good viewing distance, good effects(wind, road shine, dust...), realistic texturing, not overdone with unrealistic detailing, etc..

Most of the examples put here seem very average to me because lack most of the above points, when I play I prefer a realistic look of the track rather than things like 3D trees that look nothing like a real tree and only show the details when you stop and look close at them.

At least tree details are something you'll actually notice...
Thats the problem, when playing it's unnoticeable, one hundred more noticeable on stills or bad angle Photomodes. I find much more noticeable the 3D cloned trees that rotate on his own axe and always look front at you.

[youtubehd]6NZv07kGzPE[/youtubehd]

Low-res GT4:
[youtubehd]JG34dWR788o[/youtubehd]

Real:
[youtubehd]zGcQooF6tIc[/youtubehd]

Last edited:
As damez said the trees don't bother me either. Athough I do hope GT5 simulates photosynthesis. :P

I find much more noticeable the 3D cloned trees that rotate on his own axe and always look front at you.

They're called sprites.

Wow!
The Gt-series must be this good to complain about 3d trees.
I tend to watch the track and other cars instead of sight seeing.

I think the main problem here is maintenace.

Id hate to be hammering round the Nurgurgring and coming across a tractor parked in the middle of the track, with a farmer taking a chainsaw to some of the trees on his land. I mean fair enough, its his property, but come on, I was on for a top five time!

And if there's a storm it could be really dangerous. Imagine Deep Forest after a tornado? ok I dont think its in a tornado hot spot, but with global warming and all that who knows. Too many tracks would be closed.

I say, leave trees out completely, its just gonna frustrate us all too much.

Looking at that GT4 video above, the trees don't bother me at all :/

I actually always loved the trees in Le Mans and on the Ring, they seem very real when you drive at higher speeds because there are so many.

I can't believe this thread is already 7 pages long. Maybe trees were something worth discussing after all. HAHA! Actually let me edit that, this post makes 8!

Well, in my honest opinion, I think that when the weather comes into play, than the virtual rain will give virtual water to the virtual trees and make them more virtually 3d. It is a very well known fact that games that have low quality trees in them are lacking a good transfer system for the water. I have a feeling that GT5 will give a breakthrough in this regard.

thats totally rad dude!! Real life botanics are work here. Soon we might even have fruits growing out of this trees. Then you can stop the car in the middle of the road. Get the driver out and pluck out some fruits as refreshments before setting out again........**** man.....can't you see the possibilities?

PD should hire me!!

at least if thers no hi-res trees, make the tall grass or flowers or shrubs interact, like if im doing rally and i run into some tall grass i dont want to pass thru it, i want to flatten it and possibly burn out till i hit the dirt:D

I agree the background does lack a naturish environment around the tracks.I said before Forza had an environment where you couldn't find one 2d tree towering above the cars.The lighting effects were produced with 50 night sun lamps to just one car though.Apparently there was alot of popup in GT4 ( maybe i need glasses ) but i didn't see it.All the tracks & cars were much bigger in GT3 A-Spec and i thought looked alot better than the sequel.I thought everything in GT4 was less saturated.

I thought I was the only one who thought that...lol

I really hope that the GT5:P views aren't final...I hate when the car is so far away and small...

I know I will be stopping at every single tree in GT5 just to see how much detail is in it and measuring each car to compare to the real thing incase its a milimetre out so I have something to complain about and to show that I have no life also. (im being sarcastic by the way)

My two cents would simply be to point out that PD hasn't made any real improvement at all since GT4. The most noticeable tree problems to me are on Suzuki, which is nothing more than the GT4 version with better textures. That's it.. not one extra polygon.

So yes... there's room for improvement.

God damn Suzuki's and their bad trees. When will the company learn to manufacture cars without bad trees. :@

BTW, it's Suzuka :)

I'm just going to call it Suzu.

In my defense, my PS3 passed away tonight, so I had no way of checking the game for the correct spelling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back