Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

An update was released very recently. Make sure you’re on the latest version of G HUB (2024.6) and it should present you with the option. If it doesn’t then please let me know the firmware versions showing in there.
Cheers, turns out it was stuck on 2023.10 and not actually self-updating as it appeared, getting that removed to avoid various re-install loopscreens was hard work. But at least it's there now and feels pretty decent to me, although I'm not feeling anything engine wise on the starting line like other games (ACC/DR2.0), if that comes it'll be great.

It's been good for me too to use this time to try and get better feeling wheel settings in FM, although I now have to have dampening up real high on the wheel for whatever I've done to avoid oscillations - which I'd previously set to zero to avoid the ticks, but getting none now, on either firmware...

The engine effects are pretty subtle compared to the other effects even at the default 100, but they are noticeable. you can test if they are working by turning down the other levels in the settings. if you have tires at the same level or higher they will mostly mask the engine vibrations once you are moving.

What in the hell am I doing wrong??. I downloaded G-hub to my PC from Logi's site and hooked up my GPro Xbox wheel via USB cable to the Windows 10 operating system PC and it does NOT detect it. I cannot upgrade. @LOGI_Rich or anybody? I feel ultra stupid. The PC is not detecting anything being plugged in via USB. I'm using the same USB cable that plugs in to my console.. Have wheel turned on and powered up. Help.......

Last edited:
Did the update yesterday on the wheel and took the AMG 16 GT3 around the ring and dare I say the Trueforce felt....normal? As in good?

But then I took the Mazda/Porsche and it felt a little lifeless again so idk. Seems specific to each car. What did the new firmware do exactly?

BOOM.....exactly right Rich thank you very much that was the issue. I'm updated.....:)
Yeah I wish they could update it thru ps5. I tried to connect my wheel to firmware update and couldn’t. Finally realized I had to put it in pc mode. PlayStation and Xbox and Logitech/PC should get together, cut the bs and say let’s make it so it’s one wheel for all. My old momo you’d just hook it up to anything. I don’t recall having to put it in different modes. I’d consider owning an Xbox too but I ain’t buying another wheel. So I had to chose, ps5, pc or Xbox. I may switch to pc down the road and be done with the nonsense.

@TheOneDonJuan For most titles, the update did nothing. The patch notes were as follows:
  • Addresses occasional max torque event when USB traffic becomes constrained on TRUEFORCE titles.
  • Fix for Left Clutch paddle not working when it is the only control assigned as clutch.
  • Adds support for future peripherals.
That first note is the reason why Forza wasn't enabling Trueforce until the firmware was updated - they have a version check in there. For GT7 the only changes have been on the game side of things.

Trophy users! How do you guys have the pedals setup? A-2 I feel like is a good angle for gas pedal, but left foot gets pain from brake. Everything else seems too flat. I've tried to get some angle with B-4 as like leave it under one of the pointies, but it's not solid there and still seems that gas has too long "travel".

@TheOneDonJuan For most titles, the update did nothing. The patch notes were as follows:
  • Addresses occasional max torque event when USB traffic becomes constrained on TRUEFORCE titles.
  • Fix for Left Clutch paddle not working when it is the only control assigned as clutch.
  • Adds support for future peripherals.
That first note is the reason why Forza wasn't enabling Trueforce until the firmware was updated - they have a version check in there. For GT7 the only changes have been on the game side of things.
And that third note, I wonder what that's all about...:mischievous:

And that third note, I wonder what that's all about...:mischievous:
Oh that was a mistake - apologies for any confusion!

Suspicious Monkey GIF by MOODMAN

It all depends on leg and torso length @Mindrill but I use B4 set to the middle for the pedals and the frame extended to its longest. It's all solid.*
The throttle has got quite a long travel. I'm thinking about getting this Throttle & Clutch Spacer mod to maybe help with shortening it a little. Moving the throttle pedal face up or down can also help.

And if you don't use the clutch much (or at all), consider swapping the brake and clutch pedal positions around. You can get a more natural straight legged press on the brake that way. With it in the middle you tend to have to bend your leg a bit which can cause discomfort over longer periods.

*I put the supplied rubber washers on the inside. I had them on the outside originally, under the knurled nut, and the pedals were never solid.

I'm using my Pro wheel on PS5. It's a real pain for me to update my wheel's firmware as it means un-bolting it from my rig to take to another room where my desktop is. How do I know when I should update and what the changes are? Can't see any patch notes or info on the logitech website and GHub doesn't tell me anything until I connect the wheel. 🤔

I have the same problem. I decided to purchase a 50ft usb cable so I could update while my base stays attached to the rig.

I’m thinking of getting the G pro wheel and have been reading through this thread to get as much info regarding the G pro wheel, but I need to know if it will work with my current seat which is a Next level GT LITE (with a G29 wheel.)

Would I need to find a way of bracing the support for the G pro , if so where would I be able to source the items needed ? . Also I’m playing on a PS4 how well does the G pro work on it as mostly the posts I’ve seen are from people with PS5’s .

Strength and TF Audio have no effect unless you adjust them after the game has started - the Max Torque and Vibration settings in GT7 are set at startup.

Higher filter values will smooth out the force feedback whereas lower values will make it more raw. The auto setting attempts to match the filter to the haptic rate of the game, but it does need the game to support that. If the game doesn’t then you’ll effectively be at the same value as 11.

Does GT7 support the auto setting for ffb filter?

I’m thinking of getting the G pro wheel and have been reading through this thread to get as much info regarding the G pro wheel, but I need to know if it will work with my current seat which is a Next level GT LITE (with a G29 wheel.)

Would I need to find a way of bracing the support for the G pro , if so where would I be able to source the items needed ? . Also I’m playing on a PS4 how well does the G pro work on it as mostly the posts I’ve seen are from people with PS5’s .
I run my G Pro on the FGT Lite (upgraded from a G29). It technically has the screw holes for the G Pro wheel base. But the position of the plate may make some of the holes inaccessible (like with the G29). That said, due to my short nature, I’ve got it set up where it’s only using two of the screws for the wheelbase. The included table clamp would in theory work to offset the 3rd screw, but it gets in the way of my knee. All this said, I don’t have too many issues with the set up. You can feel the TrueForce through the rig which actually is nice.

I will note that if you run into the oscillation issue at max torque on something like the R92CP using Priano’s new 800 PP tune, that can get violent.

Exactly the same with my circle button. From one day to the other, it went from nice and clean click to this odd sticky, squishy kind of click. (Happened after two weeks.)

I also have the squeaks (from the quick-release spring) that people have discussed here, but I always play with headphones, so it does not bother me.
The circle button is more annoying. One day I might consider opening that button module (if possible). Right now I can’t see myself returning the wheel over it, though.
I've just started to get those squeaks, snaps and creaks. It's now noisier wheel and base than T300 I had. It's honestly insane how many mildly annoying issues there is. Horrendous build quality.

I might have to take it further, but not looking forward to dealing with support and replacement process.

Last edited:
Cannot wait! I have a good feeling we'll see some new peripherals 😁
Me too! It's all good either way though. If they come with a Pro shifter i will buy it (as long as you can easily switch between h pattern and sequential). If not i will upgrade my current SSH shifter with the newer improved SSH shifter.
But i am hoping for a really solid Pro shifter. 🙏

Me too! It's all good either way though. If they come with a Pro shifter i will buy it (as long as you can easily switch between h pattern and sequential). If not i will upgrade my current SSH shifter with the newer improved SSH shifter.
But i am hoping for a really solid Pro shifter. 🙏
I personally would love a McLaren F1 Rim Attachement but certainly would buy any additional shifter if offered also 😇

Trophy users! How do you guys have the pedals setup? A-2 I feel like is a good angle for gas pedal, but left foot gets pain from brake. Everything else seems too flat. I've tried to get some angle with B-4 as like leave it under one of the pointies, but it's not solid there and still seems that gas has too long "travel".

I have tried almost every combination. Settled on A3. Totally subjective of course.

I personally would love a McLaren F1 Rim Attachement but certainly would buy any additional shifter if offered also 😇
I am really hooked on racing late 80s / early 90s F1 cars (Assetto Corsa). So as much as i would like to use the quick release feature and buy more rims..this stock one is already pretty much perfect for those kind of cars.

Back