• 1,599 comments

Next Series. What do you want it to be?

• European Sports Car Challenge

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i know and next season of the JCSR would have all new cars anyway so this was just for fun :)

Looks like some people will be missing in the final race.. might make it easier for me to get a better position this time :P

If I'm absent... yes, probably ^^

hah but nah you i should but able to beat anyway ;) (will revert to a better set up again this time..)

probably will be a bit of a draftfest.. maybe you'll have to wait before you pass so that you won't get passed again on the same straight ^^

probably will be a bit of a draftfest.. maybe you'll have to wait before you pass so that you won't get passed again on the same straight ^^

That's what I did against marunda, won by 0.024 seconds :D

Reallly want the old Japanese bangers back..

Also, is the skyline really that slow? I won at SSR7 in it, but I had to plan when to use slip and when to pass..

Reallly want the old Japanese bangers back..

Also, is the skyline really that slow? I won at SSR7 in it, but I had to plan when to use slip and when to pass..

It's that slow.. in quali i was maybe 20 s faster just becuase of the extra speed the sileighty could manage on it's own. In the race though it could reach even higher speeds than the sileighty because of the slipstream ^^ so two skylines working together might win over one sileighty :P

Hehe.

Also, we are not counting the randomer's vote, so Lotus Elise World Tour Season 2 is only one place ahead of JCSR Season 3. ;)

For Daytona as far as I know the fastest time is 1'58.8xx by me (:D) and 1'58.9xx by Carracer, but consistent 1'59s will be race pace I imagine. 👍

I've done some practising and finally managed a 1:59.998.. that was with a pretty bad first sector but with real nice 2nd and 3rd. don't think i'll be able to come down to 1:58 though ^^

Edit: i imagine that the race pace will be faster though, because of slipstream.

I've done some practising and finally managed a 1:59.998.. that was with a pretty bad first sector but with real nice 2nd and 3rd. don't think i'll be able to come down to 1:58 though ^^

Edit: i imagine that the race pace will be faster though, because of slipstream.

Yup, the only parts where you need to be fast are the first 2 sectors really... and maybe that dual chicane on the oval section. Oh wait, that's every part of the track except the oval sections. Ah well...

Haha yes every sector counts, that chicane part is pretty important for a good lap ^^

The chicane is the most important, you can gain or loss a good second, it is also the best place to get rid of drafters.

if you get a bit too gutsy going in to the first chicane you're pretty screwed. Losing control there makes you lose sooo much time ^^

The bus-stop chicane seems easier in the Lotus than in the Alfa I last raced here on this track in. With the Lotus it's pretty easy to take the first part at 108-109ish after the short braking zone (I think, I glanced down at times but that may not be accurate) and the exit at 113-114 mph after a small lift. I think you can lose much more time at turn 1 and even turn 2 than at the bus stop. During my practice, I've had far more variability in the first sector than any other. But I still hope nobody tries to go side-by-side into the bus stop, as there is only one line through there and more time to be gained drafting on the straight that succeeds it.

So, I just finished a half-hour practice session. Best lap was 1'58.927 and I was able to consistently run 1'59s and 2'00s. This is one of my least favourite tracks, but it looks like I won't be that far off the pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back