New seasonal events: Time Trial No. 31 & Drift Trial No. 31

Hey KB18FAN,
I think the key to a fast lap is a little racing theory, then have fun and get LOADS of experiance. Every so often something new 'clicks' so to speak.

I learned most of what I know from the GT Academy 2010, I literally did 2000+ laps in 4 weeks on the Indy Road Course and I was still 1 second off the fastest lap.

Learning a track takes me about 50 laps to know the track well,
then about 150-300+ laps to really know precisely where I want to brake, turn-in, apex,throttle,exit(for a certain car). Then deal with slight variables of each lap.
Ive done about 480 laps of Grand Valley East now:dunce:.

You literally need to pick a TT and say this is the one I'm going to learn to perfection.

LOL, I'd suggest starting with 60/80 down force and setting the tranny for power limiter short shifts, I don't think the aliens are doing anything that special with the tune.

Anyone watch Yam's replay on Spa, hes running big camber on Rear (maybe 3)
Gonna try for a top 100 place.

EDIT: Made P101 with 1:56.4xx.
Heres the tune for anyone interested, it should handle pretty solid
No Aids(ABS=1)

FGT on Spa
473bhp,750kg,750PP
Transmission:
Max Speed(Bottom)= 290
Final Gear- 4.180
Max Speed(top)= 298km

LSD:

Suspension:
Wheel Alignment
2.8, 3.0
-0.36, 0.55
Brake Balance

Downforce
Ballast
200, Pos:-10

Last edited:

Here is my base tune :)
Only change what i'v done with that tune just put 6th gear bit longer 👍
Under 20 try's and 32k :)

Thank you so much. I'll give it a try and see how I like it. This is only my second time trying for top 100 on drift trial so my tune isn't too great.

FGT on Spa
473bhp,750kg,750PP
Transmission:
Max Speed(Bottom)= 290
Final Gear- 4.180
Max Speed(top)= 298km

LSD:

Suspension:
Wheel Alignment
2.8, 3.0
-0.36, 0.55
Brake Balance

Downforce
Ballast
Thank you for your setup, Joker. Need to check how the setup will effect my time in Spa. It's 2.03.XXX right now, but I haven't even tried to improve it, just completed the TT for gold and focused on Grand Valley track.

PS If anyone still needs the FGT or Dome cars - you are welcome, they are on share and PSN ID is in the profile :)

PR1VATEJ0KER
FGT on Spa
473bhp,750kg,750PP
Transmission:
Max Speed(Bottom)= 290
Final Gear- 4.180
Max Speed(top)= 298km

LSD:

Suspension:
Wheel Alignment
2.8, 3.0
-0.36, 0.55
Brake Balance

Downforce
Ballast

Thanks for the setup, managed to find about 8 tenths just after a few laps, back in the top 250, good job :)

Ooooh, I'm so close to getting a 1:21.7xx. Arrrhghghghhghghg:crazy:
Just improved 3 times in space of 10 laps.
spq03i briefly overtook me, but I'm back ahead of him with a 1:21.888

Starting to do consistant 1:21.9xx's so a .7 should come soon

So far I'm good for a 1:57.8 with this setup......Not sure where I'm losing time....going to have to study the leading guy's replay for a bit.

Not bad for me none the less.....I'm happy if I can crack the top 1000 and right now I'm around 550.

Last edited:
PR1VATEJ0KER
Ooooh, I'm so close to getting a 1:21.7xx. Arrrhghghghhghghg:crazy:
Just improved 3 times in space of 10 laps.
spq03i briefly overtook me, but I'm back ahead of him with a 1:21.888

Starting to do consistant 1:21.9xx's so a .7 should come soon
Wow thats crazy fast. You have to watch out because samurai is catching up very quickly.

Hi guys, anybody have a dome or FGT I could borrow? Thanks, responses are greatly appreciated.

LMP787B
Hi guys, anybody have a dome or FGT I could borrow? Thanks, responses are greatly appreciated.

Yes, I have an FGT tuned, I can put it online no problem just add me :)

Emptyone
Yes, I have an FGT tuned, I can put it online no problem just add me :)

Thank you very much, I will add you tomorow when I'm next on, is your psn the same as your gtp name?

LMP787B
Thank you very much, I will add you tomorow when I'm next on, is your psn the same as your gtp name?

It's Emptyone77, so close enough, yeah no problems, I'll await that tomorrow.

Emptyone
It's Emptyone77, so close enough, yeah no problems, I'll await that tomorrow.

Haha thanks very much, really appreciate it. On a 2:11 so far on spa in my 908, and haven't even tried the other tt cause I don't have a car too do it in :lol:

LMP787B
Haha thanks very much, really appreciate it. On a 2:11 so far on spa in my 908, and haven't even tried the other tt cause I don't have a car too do it in :lol:

Ah I see your issue, well the car had done a 1:57 flat so improvement is definitely likely :) can set the Dome online as well if you want, though I didn't bother tuning just grabbed gold.

Emptyone
Ah I see your issue, well the car had done a 1:57 flat so improvement is definitely likely :) can set the Dome online as well if you want, though I didn't bother tuning just grabbed gold.

Haha yeah i'm aiming for sub 2 mins, and just want to gold the other one purely for the cash however If get a good ranking I may try for top 1000, thats my usual target for TT's. Thanks for the help 👍

Easiest 2 TT's yet for me. I almost never spend much time on the TT's. I will attempt them by running a few laps to see what I can do and then, if I am close to gold, I will spend some time trying to get gold. I got gold on both of these by the second lap.

PR1VATEJ0KER Congratulations !

Courage, you will get there !

You play with my ghost ? What is your best pass under the tunnel ? For my part I have not tried again to play, I will return if you walk past me ! You think you can ? It will oblige me to go 1'21'6xx ! :crazy:

Congratulations my friend yet but remember that this is just a game, do not go sick, it is already a very good performance. 👍

Good evening.

Hey KB18FAN,
I think the key to a fast lap is a little racing theory, then have fun and get LOADS of experiance. Every so often something new 'clicks' so to speak.

I learned most of what I know from the GT Academy 2010, I literally did 2000+ laps in 4 weeks on the Indy Road Course and I was still 1 second off the fastest lap.

Learning a track takes me about 50 laps to know the track well,
then about 150-300+ laps to really know precisely where I want to brake, turn-in, apex,throttle,exit(for a certain car). Then deal with slight variables of each lap.
Ive done about 480 laps of Grand Valley East now:dunce:.

You literally need to pick a TT and say this is the one I'm going to learn to perfection.

Thanks so much for your advice, I really appreciate it. Being partilally disabled, I have more than enough time to practice. I still think it would be benificial to have someone to practice with tho so they can see how I run and tell me what I'm doing wrong and how I can improve. Personally, I just seem to learn better that way. You see, since I can't do much else in life, my aim here is to be the best. This game is sort of a safe haven for me and helps me escape from reality and the things I used to be able to do before my disability set in. One way or onother, I'll get there. I may not have the skill yet, but I got determination and drive that will help me get there. Thanks again for your advice and look forward to one day battleing you and others for the top spot. Peace.

You play with my ghost ? What is your best pass under the tunnel ? For my part I have not tried again to play, I will return if you walk past me ! You think you can ? It will oblige me to go 1'21'6xx ! :crazy:
Thanks Dude!
Ive been playing with your ghost but it is invisible, just for section times referance. The best Ive been ahead through the tunnel is 0,060s.

Today is probably the last day I will attempt the TT.
Ill try my best to beat you, but chances are probably slim,
I can see a high .7 or low .8 soon.

Thanks again for your advice and look forward to one day battleing you and others for the top spot. Peace.

Youre welcome KB, although racing online is very differant to the TT, the physics are differant for sure, for that reason I dont go online often
Remember that if you are placing in top 1000 on a time trial that is top 1% of times posted. Just keep nicking away at those times friend. 👍

You can add me KB18FAN, I'll run some lap with you, I'm free today but I don't have spa(I never buy dlc :lol: ).

One way to improve is surely following a decent driver at a comfortable pace until you find a rhythm.

You can add me KB18FAN, I'll run some lap with you, I'm free today but I don't have spa(I never buy dlc :lol: ).

One way to improve is surely following a decent driver at a comfortable pace until you find a rhythm.

Ok, that would be cool and I greatly appreciate the offer. Me being a NASCAR fan tho, today is kinda of a bad day for me as I'm getting ready to watch my heroes in action. Any other time is fine tho. Add cargorat323 if you will and I look forward to running with you. Thanks again for offering your time to help me out. Peace brother.

For all of you F2007 Lovers - Use the following settings on Spa - I've found them to be fastest - at least for me

Aero: 92/100
Ballast: 200 @0
Camber: 2.4/2.4 (You may use 2.4/2.2 if you like it more)

I'm afraid those are the only values I can give out publicly. The majority of the Suspension and LSD were given to me by a friend and so I can't hand them out. Enjoy. The car should feel nicely compliant and stable.

One clue about the Spring Rates, Front should be higher than rear. Tweak them for stability.

Cheers for this uga. I pretty much figured out the suspension but the aero puzzled me a bit. Finally had time to have a decent go this afternoon, 1.56.5, with some practice I'll hit the 55's. How the aliens do 54's is a bit beyond me tho. :scared:

And thanks pr1vatej0ker for the Dome tune, had a run with that yesterday and did regular 23.3's within 10 laps! Excellent tune. 👍

PR1VATEJ0KER,

You managed to get ahead of my '060 ghost in the tunnel ?! :dunce:

The problem to beat my time will be Sector 3, perfection does not exist but it is very good, I wish you luck for your session tonight, I think go for a ride on Spa, I'm not interested no camping on a combo...

I just saw your replay, it's smart to stay in 3rd gear turn in the tunnel, I'm second but it is less effective, pity me, grr...

Good evening my friend.

You know what? It is absolutely strange to tone down an F1 car. When I saw some of the top early times for the Spa-Francorchamps Time Trial, I saw mostly the Formula Gran Turismo or even a Ferrari F2007. I just used my Mazda 787B instead at about... 715PP. People really surprise me when I see what the top players are using in events.

PR1VATEJ0KER,

You managed to get ahead of my '060 ghost in the tunnel ?! :dunce:
Maybe I'm wrong.

My Best sector 1 was 25.43x
My Best Sector 2 was 49.82x

These were rare, monster laps

Every time, I get excited and touch the sand or red lap :indiff:
I just need one lucky lap.

How do you detune a FGT to get to 750? I have two and the lowest I can get either is 795. I took power to 50%, and took off all downforce, and i'm still at 795.:dunce:

I did a quick run, finally broke into the 1:22.4's. My sector 3 times are finally dropping. Once I get to string together my best sectors, I see a low 2 or even a high 1 in reach.

Kamdoon
How do you detune a FGT to get to 750? I have two and the lowest I can get either is 795. I took power to 50%, and took off all downforce, and i'm still at 795.:dunce:

Add 200kg of ballast, that should do the trick.

Back