New seasonal events: Time Trial No. 31 & Drift Trial No. 31

Going in Hot
Nice lap, did you tune it or is it close to stock? I can't seem to get anywhere close to 56s or 57s without a tune. Is this one of your shared cars? If it is you mind me giving it a try?

I'm at a 157 somthing with a FGT.

Its close to stock. Done some with lsd.

I put it up so you can have a go.

Edit: its up. Have not tried the F10 just 2007 but both are for share. Did you do your time with no tune at all?

I did high 57 with formula gt but I could not tune it the way I like it. Its way to tailhappy for me and my bad knowledge in tuning.

If someone have a good tune for F2007 I would love to try it. I dont seem to make it better than stock when I try.

Last edited:
Its close to stock. Done some with lsd.

I put it up so you can have a go.

Edit: its up. Have not tried the F10 just 2007 but both are for share. Did you do your time with no tune at all?

I did high 57 with formula gt but I could not tune it the way I like it. Its way to tailhappy for me and my bad knowledge in tuning.

If someone have a good tune for F2007 I would love to try it. I dont seem to make it better than stock when I try.

Thanks for the ride, I like driving that car a lot better. I guess I should buy one:tup: Ran about an hour and got to a 1:56.1 on a dirty lap, but I just can't seem to put a great lap together.

I messed around with the tune on the FGT but just couldn't get it to do what I wanted, the F2007 is more fun for sure.

Going in Hot
Thanks for the ride, I like driving that car a lot better. I guess I should buy one:tup: Ran about an hour and got to a 1:56.1 on a dirty lap, but I just can't seem to put a great lap together.

I messed around with the tune on the FGT but just couldn't get it to do what I wanted, the F2007 is more fun for sure.

Nice to see that you put me down one place:)

You are a good driver and its fun to compete with you.

Would love to see what you can do with a clean lap.

It sure is :)

It sure is :)

Nice lap, you got me by .058.

ABS at 10 and an auto? I can't seem to switch gears fast enough coming into the chicane, maybe I'll try that.

Anybody else think the japanese dudes have a magic tune for the FGT? There are a lot of them up at the top.

Last edited:
Nice lap, you got me by .058.

ABS at 10 and an auto? I can't seem to switch gears fast enough coming into the chicane, maybe I'll try that.

Anybody else think the japanese dudes have a magic tune for the FGT? There are a lot of them up at the top.

I always run Auto - Don't think I've ever done a time trial with a manual transmission haha. I've got plenty of time left in the lap, I just can't seem to string together a nice near flawless run. If I do I'm seeing another 0.5 seconds at the very least (.150 at the start --.3-.5 in the mid, .1 in one of those corners after the middle)

Edit: new time of 1:55.784

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

PR1VATEJ0KER,

Have you tried, as I have recommended it yesterday, with 200kg added to 10 position ? If so, did you find it better than your compromise ?

For my part, I'm getting really close to the perfect lap, I'm really happy to be so close, it should stay that I '030 margin, I was really disappointed to 1'21'601 last night, I only had to '002 better to stop here... :guilty:

The worst part of all this is that with the stress I almost forgot to move the fifth speed in the last corner and therefore I spent a little too late, but that was the 1'21'59x... 👎

I will try again later, I really want to finish 1'21'5xx, personal pride !

Good evening and thank you again my friend, I hope you will improve !

Regards,
Yinato.

I always run Auto - Don't think I've ever done a time trial with a manual transmission haha. I've got plenty of time left in the lap, I just can't seem to string together a nice near flawless run. If I do I'm seeing another 0.5 seconds at the very least (.150 at the start --.3-.5 in the mid, .1 in one of those corners after the middle)

Edit: new time of 1:55.784

Nice. Yeah the middle sector is kicking my tail for sure. Everything just happens so fast. :indiff:

I'm with you though, I see another .5 for sure, you've already found .4.

Cheers

Nice. Yeah the middle sector is kicking my tail for sure. Everything just happens so fast. :indiff:

I'm with you though, I see another .5 for sure, you've already found .4.

Cheers

My problems stem at three corners pretty much

1) The first one..I've done it .1-.2 quicker than my current best (55.784).

2) "Les Combes" section..Coming in from the high speed straight is always tricky and I mess up sometimes..leading to a loss of time.

3) Stavelot (15) - I either make it or bomb it in this course..The .4 seconds I found were and I'm not joking entirely in this corner and I still could go another .1-.2 seconds quicker here since I've done it before.

Everything else is just gravy. See helpful map below
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/54/Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg

Hi everyone,

PR1VATEJ0KER,

Have you tried, as I have recommended it yesterday, with 200kg added to 10 position ? If so, did you find it better than your compromise ?

For my part, I'm getting really close to the perfect lap, I'm really happy to be so close, it should stay that I '030 margin, I was really disappointed to 1'21'601 last night, I only had to '002 better to stop here... :guilty:

The worst part of all this is that with the stress I almost forgot to move the fifth speed in the last corner and therefore I spent a little too late, but that was the 1'21'59x... 👎

I will try again later, I really want to finish 1'21'5xx, personal pride !

Good evening and thank you again my friend, I hope you will improve !

Regards,
Yinato.
hey Yinato,

I tried the heavier setting,
I cant believe it I'm getting an extra 1or 2 km down the entire straight 👍
Must be the extra torque or something because the Power/Weight Ratio is worse, I did 30 laps, couldn't find my rhythm but still improved from .888 to .860

Do send the car, thanks my good man.
I watched the .601, the beautiful lap. Immense skill.
Good luck getting .5xx,
Im Hoping to finish on the podium 👍

I did lose about 2 tenths in sector 1 so I'll be seeing a 1:21.9 hopefully soon.

You're flying with the Pad dude, very fast indeed. (and consistantly on many TT's)
You should get a wheel, in my experiance I think it's more forgiving and more consistant which overall means I can go faster. It adds alot to the GT experiance aswell. Good Luck doodle 👍

I tried the heavier setting,
I cant believe it I'm getting an extra 1or 2 km down the entire straight 👍
Must be the extra torque or something because the Power/Weight Ratio is worse, I did 30 laps, couldn't find my rhythm but still improved from .888 to .860

Well, I'm no expert, but my understanding is that top speed is a function of power and drag. Weight affects acceleration, but all things being equal, if you take two identical cars and add a bunch of weight to one of them, they will still have the same theoretical top speed. The lighter one will get there sooner, of course :sly:

Actually, that's not the best Ballast to get a better Top Speed than the PR1VATEJ0KER's Tune. Also, I've checked that the Ballast Position works better on the back end, but it takes you to change the Suspension Setting & it take you to change the Transmission Setting so, all this end on a new Tune that I don't think you guys wanna do. :sly:
If you do all of this changes, I think a 1'21.9 time will be more easy to do, and hence, a 1'21.4 can be a reality.
See it to believe it, wait my times & if I (a poor pilot :crazy:) get a 1'21.9 or better it will mean I right. :dunce:

Im running the Fgt at 1'22.3 but can't seem to take au rougue at full throttle every lap

BIG improvement on Grand Valley. Now at a 1:22.053 at 13th overall just squeezed in between two Japanese DS3 users; samurai_405 and gt-uncle. I'm so proud of myself!!

BIG improvement on Grand Valley. Now at a 1:22.053 at 13th overall just squeezed in between two Japanese DS3 users; samurai_405 and gt-uncle. I'm so proud of myself!!

Well done dude! 👍
I wanna see you Top10! Keep it up!! :)

Last time, I stayed away from using the DOME ZERO Concept, sticking only to a true "Normal" car. I then tried to go around Grand Valley East in a down-tuned DOME Zero Concept. PSN/SEN friends of mine were doing better with the DOME than with my lovely Toyota 2000GT. My 2000GT was good for a 1:29.892 time around Grand Valley East. My DOME ZERO concept was good for 1:27.679 around the same track. I figured this lighter car with a mid-engine/RWD layout would fare better than a fairly decent front-engine/RWD car, and it showed. I'm second among my PSN/SEN circle of friends in GT5, down by maybe six tenths to the leader.

It may be monotonous to go with the same car everyone else is using. However, what everyone else may be using may just be the best car to go with no matter how hard you try to be different. So there you go.

I'm a bit late to the series but I noticed that the top cars to use are the Formula GT or Ferrari F2010, the problem is I can't de-tune them low enough to qualify. What gives?

Grand Valley East:

Sadly, the Honda Z wasn't good enough to achieve gold - just made the silver time. The 79 Civic was good for under 1:30. Tried a 2000GT with adjustable sports suspension for a 1:28.5xx

Spa:

I did a 5 or 6 lap attempt with the Toyota 7 at 732pp and did a best of 2:18.xxx. It would be possible to get gold with more laps and care. Good fun.

Went for the 787B just to get gold, at around 2:12 on second lap.

And we have hit! We hit our backdoor straight draw, this is the beauty of flat calling the river with 7 duece os.

Just impoved 3 times, from 7th to 3rd with 1:21.756. :crazy:

Awesome time. Great speed. Looks fast. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' fast, solid, quick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

Well, I'm no expert, but my understanding is that top speed is a function of power and drag. Weight affects acceleration, but all things being equal, if you take two identical cars and add a bunch of weight to one of them, they will still have the same theoretical top speed. The lighter one will get there sooner, of course :sly:
I agree but,
I was thinking that with the better bhp/kg it would reach a higher speed in the 820metres of straightaway. I also thought the extra weight would increase drag significantly due to larger contact patch each tire would have with the road.

I'm not an expert either, it just contradicted what I expected. But I guess gran turismo is not a perfect simulation of real world physics either.

Last edited:
Awesome time. Great speed. Looks fast. Solid. Tight. Keep us all posted on your continued progress with any new progress pics or vid clips. Show us what you got man. Wanna see how freakin' fast, solid, quick and tight you can get. Thanks for the motivation.

2yllfzo.gif

I'm a bit late to the series but I noticed that the top cars to use are the Formula GT or Ferrari F2010, the problem is I can't de-tune them low enough to qualify. What gives?

Try adding weight....

What-Now.jpg

Anyways... I'm getting the hang of the Spa TT now. Like uga said, the first Stavelot is a killer, I only found out yesterday how much time I lost there before. The lap after I found out was instantly almost .6 quicker, I'm now at 1.56.0.

I dont know how some of you guys do 100s of laps on these tt events.
I do about 5-10 laps every now and then and get bored :)
I still cant get the entry into the tunnel right-im dropping 0.5sec just in that bit.
Really should practice more I suppose but what with the missus and kids I just dont get the time, :)

I dont know how some of you guys do 100s of laps on these tt events.
I do about 5-10 laps every now and then and get bored :)
I still cant get the entry into the tunnel right-im dropping 0.5sec just in that bit.
Really should practice more I suppose but what with the missus and kids I just dont get the time, :)

I don't usually do so many laps usually 30-100 laps,
Ive done maybe 650 laps on Deep Valley to stay Top 10
But I've only done 4 laps on Spa to get in Top 200.

Also I love TT, its not boring for me.

Last edited:
I don't usually do so many laps usually 30-100 laps,
Ive done maybe 650 laps on Deep Valley to stay Top 10
But I've only done 4 laps on Spa to get in Top 200.

Also I love TT, its not boring for me.

well done on your placing/time. 👍
ive been chasing your ghost when i get on but you lose me entering the tunnel :bowdown:

In english please!

My dear friend, as member of our community, let me thank you for the valuable assistance you have given me in improving my lap times on Time Trial. Cordially. That suits it best at your convenience Lustika :sly:

Back