New seasonal events: Time Trial No. 31 & Drift Trial No. 31

Thanks for the tune privatejoker, currently 222nd at Grand Valley, did tweak 2nd & 3rd a little for the tunnel and its made it less daunting ;-)

Thx again to mcs66 Doodlemonoply Ronald657 and wheelyclean all who put there Dome zero up for share for me.. some real nice people on GT who take time out for others, so thanks again, i managed to get in the top 200 with Doodles car. very nice tune indeed.

Loving Grand Valley, lots of fun. I tried out a classic Celica.

The Time Trials this week were amazingly easy. The classic car one I managed to get gold on the first try in an old Toyota 2000GT. The one at Spa I managed gold after a few tries in a turbo'ed Pescarolo.

Haven't tried the Drift Trials yet.

I got the formula GT right down to 2 min flat, but I started messin' around with the F2007 after work today. I think with some work I can get it to go quicker than the FGT

The Time Trials this week were amazingly easy. The classic car one I managed to get gold on the first try in an old Toyota 2000GT. The one at Spa I managed gold after a few tries in a turbo'ed Pescarolo.

Haven't tried the Drift Trials yet.
The 2000 GT is one of the fastest classic Japanese cars. My 400PP one was hitting over 150mph using CS tires on Nordschleife in a tuning shootout we have going in the tuning forum. It's biggest issue getting grip through corners.

Just snuck back in the top 10 with a 1:22.640. I really cleaned up my last 2 sectors. I lost about 1 tenth in sector 1 though.

Got into the top 300 with the FGT(low 1.38's)....i can't find anymore. My tires are glowing red around the corners, i'm stunned as to how they have found another 4 seconds. This is probably my best TT yet.
Time to try the F1's

Improved to a 57:503, 3.5 off the leader. And thats the best i can do. Or at least the maximum find another .5 but thats all.
I wonder how much i'm going to drop.

Last edited:
Considerin you just floor it and drag the back end, the points system loves it.

Indeeed. I watched the replay and it's not that interesting - I expect people do it just because they can.

However I do like the 79 Civic so I might see how it will fair in the GV Time Trial (NOT with 3 degrees of rear camber :lol:).

That will be after I have seen if gold is within reach of the mighty Honda Z.👍

"sigh"
same stuff
another day ...
when will you bring some bigger event on ...
or something different ...

"sigh"
same stuff
another day ...
when will you bring some bigger event on ...
or something different ...

A few people have asked for my tune for DOME on Grand Valley ,
I like to share so :)

Suspension;
40, -25
6.6, 8.0

Toe
1.2, 1.4
-0.3, 0.25

LSD

Brakes

Adjust Ballast so Car is 903kg
Adjust power so PP = 370

Transmission, Set Max Speed to 190, then adjust final gear to 3.750
Max speed up top should be 202

Its not a great tune, and has no basis on fact or science.
Also, 2nd or 3rd gear needs some tweaking for entrance to the tunnel, which is just horrific

I used your tune PrivateJoker and managed to improve my own time which was a 1:23.353 down to a 1:23.304. The main difference was that I hadn't done the weight reduction on my car, so I did that and found a bit of time with your tune. I then went back to my own setup but with your weight of 903kg and got my time down to 1:23.107 (currently 41st)

I'm not claiming that my suspension setup is better, just that it works better for me. I seem to gain a little time on the 1st and 3rd sectors but my car slides a bit more than yours in the 2nd sector. Though that's probably down to my driving, I think I can improve by a tenth or so in the 2nd sector alone.

If you or anyone else is interested in trying my tune here it is:

Power/weight
117bhp/903kg@0 (courtesy of PrivateJoker)

Suspension
-25/-25
7.8/8.6
6/5
5/6
3/3

Toe
-0.05/0.15

Camber
2.0/2.0

LSD
10/20/18

Transmission is the same as PrivateJoker's

Sitting pretty on a 1:57.644 for 243rd at the moment in the Spa TT, using the FGT pretty much stock aside from slight transmission tuning. 2504th in the other TT, after 2 laps, sure I can extract a few more tenths in the FGT, to keep that top 256 spot, with a bit of tuning.

Just golded the Spa DT with Tesla Roadster for a small but sufficient 15,301. Didn't know this electric car was good enough to drift! It makes quiet replay.

The 2000 GT is one of the fastest classic Japanese cars. My 400PP one was hitting over 150mph using CS tires on Nordschleife in a tuning shootout we have going in the tuning forum. It's biggest issue getting grip through corners.

It likes to drift all the time, eh?

did a 1.23.0xx with the chrome dome after a fair few laps(15-20).
languishing way down with the fgt.
struggled to get under 2.00mins with about 3 laps of driving :(
dont think my ancient brain can handle the speed :)
ill give it another go later on.
might post my dome set-up later,im using a sixaxis,so might suit fellow pad users.

Does anyone have a good tune for the FGT at Spa? Im 99th at the moment with a 1:56.8xx. Need to find some more time

J0KER, your tune is based on Active Steering Aid?
I have a new tune for anyone interested
Dome- Deep Valley

I placed Rigidity Improvement on the Dome,
Still 903kg, 119bhp

Transmission:
Final Gear- 4.000
Max Speed= 199km

LSD:

Suspension:
40,-25
Wheel Alignment
1.2, 1.0
-0.14, 0.02
Brake Balance

With this I got 1:22.286 without Active Steering

TT's beat both by over 6 seconds (a new record for me), so I'm getting better at them... finally! I used the Dome Zero and the Ferrari F10.

DT's - I thought the Suzuka DT was difficult because of the old cars, but finally golded it... by a little over 1,000 points. The Spa DT, ended up with 15,570 points! This is also a new record for me. A month and a half ago, I couldn't drift to save my life. Practice and patience are starting to pay off. I used the Toyota 2000GT and the TVR Speed 12.

I have just took on the two Time Trial courses in two different Japanese cars. I didn't want to downtune a more powerful car, so I went with my best cars by PP.

Around Grand Valley East, my Solar Red-colored Toyota 2000GT made its rounds around the track. The Toyota 2000GT was my car of choice when I took part in (albeit abbreviated) in GT4's "1000 Miles!" championship. Here in GT5, it was my car of choice to take on this Time Trial. I thought I was going to easily win on my first lap, but I ended up getting a time in the 1:31.800 range. I trimmed off about 0.3 from my first lap in the second lap. After learning the handling tedencies of my Toyota 2000GT, I managed to get a full second over my Ghost Lap to secure a lap time of 1:29.892 (Gold is 1:31.200). My only modifications were to the transmission, drivetrain, and suspension. I tried to keep my Toyota within the PP regulations.

Up next is one of my all-time favorite circuits- Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps. I brought out my Mazda 787B in hopes of landing a great lap time. My last time trial memories of Spa-Francorchamps weren't very good- slipping and sliding on a wet course. Well, this Belgian beauty of a race track is not going to bring me down like it does in the rain! All I have to do is post a time lower than 2:16.200 to tame this beast. And I did in one try! Actually, it took me two tries because my first time went foul when I screwed up in Eau Rouge. My lap time was 2:14.649. I took a second lap and improved upon it with a 2:14.031. More than anything, get Eau Rouge right. Otherwise, your lap time will be screwed.

I love my 2000GT, but I may bring out my Datsun 240Z to the Suzuka Drift Trial. I have a Datsun 240Z in "Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift 2" that I use for drifting. I primiarly have the 2000GT as a road racer. The AEM S2000 will come out to play for sure if and when I do the Drift Trials.

I tinkered with the f2010 if anyone is interested, can run 56's atm but keep mucking the chicane :( :lol: anyway........

aero 51/100, ballast 195/30, limiter to make the pp

springs 17.2/16.8, bound 8/7, rebound 7/8, stabs 6/6

camber 2.3/1.0, toe +.04/-.02

default tranny at 196mph top, then a longer 2nd and 3rd, and a shorted 5th and 6th

Lsd 8/37/16

nothing fancy, the car is planted and rotates well enough for now, I'll post improvements if I make any.

Last edited:
I guess I should try harder to get on the leaderboard, but it's tricky with a DS3. I managed to reach 800-odd on one of the last TTs though. This time I snagged gold on my first attempt with a lovely, stock 1973 Skyline GTR at Grand Valley, tried Spa with the Escudo which took a couple of attempts as that car is a little twitchy in some ways, but its accelleration and breaking are awesome and I soon had it. Not sure I will try them again though, and I do kinda miss the old, more challenging TTs (which only appeared in week 1 and once or twice a few months in?)

This TT is going to be tough.
Alot of familiar names capable of seriously quick hotlaps showing up. :scared:
I can see a 1:21.9xx 2moro.

Skyline'62 works well for the drift trial at Suzuka. Easy 5000+ points per sector for the taking.

What I dont understand is how a formula GT car that I have to power limit to 50%, add 200kg to the ballast, play around with aerodynamics just to get it in to the 750 pp requirement can do better then a fully tuned Le mans prototype. =\

Back