PD should be held responsible for inciting player anger

• Thread starter mattikake
  • 76 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
It's getting too much. I've met numerous players getting very angry at perceived bad driving, when it's due to lag or sync issues. Most of the time players block you so you're unable to send a message or a replay. You name gets soiled, presumably permanently. And then being blocked limits your ability to join lobbies.

What's my point? Spreading the word that sometimes an S rated driver isn't a cheat and really are worthy of the S SR rating...

This guy still has me blocked after all this time. I still haven't been able to track him down.

This guy I managed to track down and defused it, but it took a lot of work.

Last edited:
Driving in traffic without your radar on is just asking for trouble, that’s the whole point in why it’s there. More people need to use it.

How does that cater for lag?

Use a radar? In a sim? Lol. No, mirrors are all anyone with any semblance of talent should need.

And always will be.

Not in any other sim I've played it isn't, even going back to LFS. Never an issue in GTS. Technology isn't supposed to devolve.

If only technology could control human emotions.

Says the guy racing in bumper cam?

Bumper cam is the only view that gives me a rear view mirror (half a mirror in cockpit cam is daft). Why they can't put it in other views? Only PD could explain.

And I don't know if you noticed but both guys were ahead of me at the time.

Not in any other sim I've played it isn't, even going back to LFS. Never an issue in GTS. Technology isn't supposed to devolve.
Cool to know that RBV apparently managed to circumvent the laws of the universe 20 years ago, although their Nobel Prize seems to have never come through.

Public lobbies are absolutely the most prone to this, because they're peer-to-peer (so only as good as the worst connection in the lobby) and - unlike Daily Races - neither console- nor region-locked. All of that increases latency significantly.

Incidentally, you might find it fun to note that not only was the opponent car in both of your videos not where you thought, you weren't where they thought either - and it's impossible to know where either of you really were because it doesn't work like that.

Try some other angle of PD defence.
copium-gas.gif

?

My internet is as good as it gets in my country thanks because actually, I'm pretty well-off. PS5 v PS5 players, no problems.

It's long been established that internet speeds are not the problem. Try some other angle of PD defence.
Internet speeds matter in peer-to-peer hosted games. What also matters is NAT type, as well as how well your wireless signal is received if you're running wireless. Playing with only PS5 players is irrelevant.

You don't need to be well off to have good internet speeds, not sure what that has to do with anything at all but with that said, just because you have good internet doesn't mean everyone else does.

That desperate for new posts?
Helll to the no. It's for players that want whine and cry together. Rather thanspread throughout the forum. These threads wind up being the same.

I'm no moderator and people will do what they want. I have nothing to gain. You alright?

I thought this too when I was like 6 years old…got mad at a game threw the controller and broke something. Don’t blame me, it’s not my fault, blame whoever made this stupid game that made me do it.
My parents disagreed and said I was responsible for my emotions and the actions I make as a result of them. Turns out they were right, I learned that I am in fact responsible for my emotions and the things I do based on them.

Anyways, let’s hold Sony responsible instead of PD, we’ll get more money when we win the lawsuit.

Last edited:
In the words of NWA to F The Police...

'Because GT7's identity all by itself causes violence...'

I'm more than happy to discuss actual issues with GT7, but this isn't one of them.

Unless we are going down a, PD are to blame for everything wrong in the world, route, then it's fair game.

Use a radar? In a sim? Lol. No, mirrors are all anyone with any semblance of talent should need.
Right, because in reality you absolutely can't move your head around. All you can do is look straight forward and swivel your eyes to your mirrors. That's what the HANS device is for, to lock the driver's heads in place so they don't CHEAT by looking around themselves. Those talentless hacks who feel that they need to look around shouldn't be racing.

I mean, I feel like a good driver uses all the tools at their disposal and it's only noobs who whinge about "this is all anyone with any semblance of talent should need". But I guess that's why Lewis Hamilton is a pro and I'm just a scrub with a controller.

Too true! Don’t get me started on all those so called professional race drivers using teams radioing communications on track conditions and positionings and strategies. Goddamn cheats the lot of them! Max Verstappenn is a talentless hack without Red Bull behind him, right! Untalented fools should stick to the bare minimum and just git good!
/end sarcasm

It's getting too much. I've met numerous players getting very angry at perceived bad driving, when it's due to lag or sync issues. Most of the time players block you so you're unable to send a message or a replay. You name gets soiled, presumably permanently. And then being blocked limits your ability to join lobbies.
If you're the one constantly being blocked, have you considered that you may be, in fact, the problem in these situations?

How does that cater for lag?

If you don’t use your radar, especially in traffic, then don’t complain about contact, period. If you’re not using every tool you have, to avoid contact, then you forfeit your right to complain about it.

My radar is always on screen, except when I am adjusting something else, then it’s back to radar immediately after, and I have zero issues avoiding contact with other cars. It’s driver, not lag.

My internet is as good as it gets in my country thanks because actually, I'm pretty well-off. PS5 v PS5 players, no problems.

It's long been established that internet speeds are not the problem. Try some other angle of PD defence.
No, internet speed is not the problem, it’s driver skill/intelligence…

Last edited:
I just love how one view in flat is more l33t than another…

If we’re being choads…

I have no use for the radar, heck even the rearview is more of a niceity. Deep down all I really need is VR, and the side mirrors. ..and if we make contact its because ‘you,’ were being a jerk, and i grew tired of getting out of the way.

But, ya..all three mirrors in VR, all of the time. Itsa miracle.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back