Playstation 3 System Update Thread

Did you have any problem using your original PSN login on your new machine ? It all works OK ? I heard somewhere that your PSN name is fixed to one system.. I'd hate that...
You can access your PSN account on up to five systems, including your previous downloads. Some people use this to share games with friends by logging in on their friends' consoles and downloading their PSN games. Sony acknowledges they know people do it and just kind of shrug it off as an acceptable loss to get new people to start trying PSN games.

Of course, today's free game (US only) should help too.

You can access your PSN account on up to five systems, including your previous downloads. Some people use this to share games with friends by logging in on their friends' consoles and downloading their PSN games. Sony acknowledges they know people do it and just kind of shrug it off as an acceptable loss to get new people to start trying PSN games.

Of course, today's free game (US only) should help too.

Ah ok, hopefully I don't have to get 5 refurbished PS3's before PS4 !

Ah ok, hopefully I don't have to get 5 refurbished PS3's before PS4 !

Well your account should be wiped off your old PS3 when you return it so that shouldn't be a problem, as your account will still only be on one machine, just a different one. I hope you get your PS3 back soon and it all works correctly. I know what it's like having your PS3 die on you.

Well your account should be wiped off your old PS3 when you return it so that shouldn't be a problem, as your account will still only be on one machine, just a different one. I hope you get your PS3 back soon and it all works correctly. I know what it's like having your PS3 die on you.

Ah, right ok. and thanks. 👍

Sorry to hear that it's going to take so long. I suppose it'll be coming up to winter for you, nights drawing in and nothing to do! Let's hope they get it back to you sooner than expected.

just downloaded the new update 2.76, whats new about that?

EDIT:// ok found it, they say it just bring minors changes for some PS3 formats. Nothing big

Chris

The only thing that I have noticed since 2.76 is that viewing and comparing other users profiles and trophies is slightly quicker.

Apart from that, I can only assume it's a prep for future updates.

Super_Spig

I've just downloaded the update. And I've noticed a countdown on the downloading bar for the Home update, is that a Home thing or something introduced in the last system update?

Sorry to hear that it's going to take so long. I suppose it'll be coming up to winter for you, nights drawing in and nothing to do! Let's hope they get it back to you sooner than expected.

Much sooner than expected. Got the call today, they have replaced with a new (not refurbished) console. Just have to find the time to pick it it up. 👍 to Sony.

Much sooner than expected. Got the call today, they have replaced with a new (not refurbished) console. Just have to find the time to pick it it up. 👍 to Sony.

Really glad to hear that :-) It's also nice that they replaced it with a new one, couldn't ask for anything more than that (well OK, you could have asked that the first one didn't break....).

Not really "update" relevant, but I fancied a "new look" theme for the PS3 and conveniently came across this: http://www.bestps3themes.com/2009/02/22/ps3-new-look/ - aptly named "PS3 New Look", and what a theme it is. OK, so a few of the icons are a bit Microsoft-oriented (MSN figures for "Users" and "Friends" categories, Internet Explorer icon for the Web Browser etc.) but the rest, including the wallpaper, is just stunning... lovely and clean, and beautifully colourful, this is going to be the theme on my main account :D

How do I download that? Do I vist that site on the PS3 or can I do it from my computer?

You can visit the site with your PS3 and click the download link, then a new window will open with another link to download it.

How is it, that 2.80 is ready for download on my PS3! When it would make you download an update, before you could do anything else?

Is my pendrive broken or is PS3 reading USB devices very slowly after 2.80 update ? Also it doesn't see all the files every time...
Also my Cuboid save file got destroyed (after update) - I uploaded a level, overwritten it, game frozen and after restart save file was corrupted :( (good thing online records are still there ;) )

All Sony have said is FW 2.80 "improves the playback quality of some PLAYSTATION 3 format titles". However they could be some minor improvements that they haven't mentioned.

All Sony have said is FW 2.80 "improves the playback quality of some PLAYSTATION 3 format titles". However they could be some minor improvements that they haven't mentioned.

ie. Blocking people from using remote play via their pc using a homebrew application.

Back