[POLL] United States Presidential Elections 2016

The party nominees are named. Now who do you support?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Condemn if you must my source. I certainly would if I were a Clinton supporter.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/clinton-rape-accuser-blasts-biased-nbc-anchor/
First, GOP presumptive presidential candidate Donald Trump ripped away the “philandering husband” façade from Bill Clinton, publicly charging on Fox News’ “Hannity” on Wednesday that the former president committed “rape.”

Then, on the same day, the victim, Juanita Broaddrick, described for the first time – in a WND exclusive sit-down interview conducted in Broaddrick’s Arkansas home – exactly how the alleged 1978 sexual assault had deeply and permanently scarred her life throughout the intervening decades. And Broaddrick mentioned something else: Of all mainstream journalists, the one she spoke to recently on the phone, seeking an update from Broaddrick on the rape incident and its aftermath, was NBC’s Andrea Mitchell.

Condemn if you must my source. I certainly would if I were a Clinton supporter.

http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/clinton-rape-accuser-blasts-biased-nbc-anchor/
First, GOP presumptive presidential candidate Donald Trump ripped away the “philandering husband” façade from Bill Clinton, publicly charging on Fox News’ “Hannity” on Wednesday that the former president committed “rape.”

Then, on the same day, the victim, Juanita Broaddrick, described for the first time – in a WND exclusive sit-down interview conducted in Broaddrick’s Arkansas home – exactly how the alleged 1978 sexual assault had deeply and permanently scarred her life throughout the intervening decades. And Broaddrick mentioned something else: Of all mainstream journalists, the one she spoke to recently on the phone, seeking an update from Broaddrick on the rape incident and its aftermath, was NBC’s Andrea Mitchell.

Without disputing any of the facts... wasn't this all out in the open nearly 20 years ago? What's happened that's new, outside the election of course?

I would take issue with "for the first time", that's certainly not true.

Without disputing any of the facts... wasn't this all out in the open nearly 20 years ago? What's happened that's new, outside the election of course?

I think we can drag this one back around for review given that we're considering electing his wife president. It's kinda what presidential campaigns do - drudge up character issues from the past.

It seems to me two things are new. Firstly, sexual politics have evolved in twenty years. Rape and other sexual crimes are less tolerated, and sexual rights are more prevalent, "trending", as it were. Secondly, sexual politics have been introduced into this 2016 presidential campaign, with accusations flying in all directions, and Broaddrick has come forth again in the Jackson interview under new circumstances, new criteria, and new terms:

Broaddrick told Jackson she decided to speak out now because of a campaign-season comment from Hillary Clinton.

“It was all because of Hillary’s tweet in December [2015] where she said we all need to ‘believe the victims of sexual assault.’ How can she be so ignorant? Doesn’t she know we’ll all come forward again? She was saying in that tweet that all of us are liars. Has she lost her mind?” she said.

Read more at http://www.wnd.com/2016/05/clinton-rape-accuser-blasts-biased-nbc-anchor/#9qRqxLHZXqEDSOaj.99

As @Dotini pointed out, it clashes with Hillary's feminist approach today. Trump is being harshly accused of his attitudes toward women, but Hillary stood by her husband in his defense that sexual assault claims, which would be treated like rape by many feminists today, were lies.

The other thing is that Trump is setting up a harsh tactic for the debates. Hillary is very smart and organized. Trump is a wildcard. If he can set these kinds of issues up now he can use them in the debates. She won't be prepared for him and will struggle to respond in a satisfactory way to questions regarding defending her husband during rape allegations.

Ultimately, how do you debate prep against Trump? I pity the poor staffers that have to pretend to be Trump or guess what he will say in her mock debate sessions. You either have to be willing to make blatant, ugly insults against your boss or allow her to get caught off guard in the debate. Even if you try to be Trump, you have to guess what crazy stuff will come out. How many times has he said or done something so out there that all the analysts thought he was finished? You can't prep for that.

Megyn Kelly's FOX's Prime Time Interview with Donald Trump may cost her over $25 million in leveraging power were she to remain at Fox News. Her prime time draw is apparently not that great when she interviewed the presumptive Republican nominee on the big network with her ratings draw at 4.8 million viewers. Fox News CEO Roger Ailes was expecting a ratings draw of at least double of what she actually got.

http://www.youngcons.com/fox-news-head-heard-snickering-after-kellys-interview-with-trump-flopped/

My $.02: I think that what FOX did to her was the same thing that NBC did to Jay Leno when he quit the Tonight Show the first time. They gave her a prime time slot on the big network with the expectation of failure to damage her reputation. We will see if it worked.

I think we can drag this one back around for review given that we're considering electing his wife president. It's kinda what presidential campaigns do - drudge up character issues from the past.

She stood by her man and also participated with him in much much worse things than a few infidelities/whatever the girls say after the fact. I don't condone any of his behavior but I have to say I think she did what was prudent to secure her future, and she did it quite well.

Whomever can bring up Bill's willy all they want to, it will not sway her(once his) supporters imo. It's not a plan that will be effective, it would be much better to attack her political record and views(Libya, Benghazi? Pacts with foreign nations and bankers?).

If the general election were to be held today across the nation she would win in a landslide despite the dirty laundry because she is an experienced representative in a status quo system. People consider the alternatives very seriously, sure it's the lesser of two evils if you wish but most people don't like radical change nor do they like to see the world burn for the lols.

I think that what FOX did to her was the same thing that NBC did to Jay Leno when he quit the Tonight Show the first time. They gave her a prime time slot on the big network with the expectation of failure to damage her reputation. We will see if it worked.
That isn't at all what NBC did with Leno.

She stood by her man and also participated with him in much much worse things than a few infidelities/whatever the girls say after the fact. I don't condone any of his behavior but I have to say I think she did what was prudent to secure her future, and she did it quite well.

Well, to the extent that he's being accused of rape, what you're describing is a psychopath.

Well, to the extent that he's being accused of rape, what you're describing is a psychopath.

Something like that, in between psycho and socio but not full on as she does have a conscience. It seems to me, as many other typical liberals, she believes she knows better than the rest and the ends always justify the means.

Good leaders often do terrible things in the real world because they are faced with horrible decisions no one else cares to make, it's easy to sit back and critique or complain, cry foul... It just so happens in this instance I am going to not only cry foul but also hypocrite. That pair's rise to power was a despicable display to me, would not be the first time or the last.

Something like that, in between psycho and socio but not full on as she does have a conscience. It seems to me, as many other typical liberals she believes she knows better than the rest and the means always justify the ends.
How can we know that she's campaigning to do what she thinks is right & not just trying to further her career?
The same can be asked of anybody but if there is reason to suspect psychopathy or similar then the question seems more apt.
Seeming to have a conscience can just be evidence of knowing how to appear to have one?

How can we know that she's campaigning to do what she thinks is right & not just trying to further her career?
The same can be asked of anybody but if there is reason to suspect psychopathy or similar then the question seems more apt.
Seeming to have a conscience can just be evidence of knowing how to appear to have one?

I would say she puts her career ahead of the people, egomaniac might be a more fitting term.

I do believe she has a conscience, I have no evidence of that it's just what I think. I don't think she is clever enough to pull the stunt off that you suggest, again she must believe she knows better than everyone else on every matter.(now a true psycho or socio would be smart enough to do that, she does not strike me all that bright tbh)

If ever there was a time for a third party to gain ground this would be it, if not, at the minimum I'm expecting much better representation in the subsequent midterms. Am I aiming to high? lol

Last edited:
I do believe she has a conscience, I have no evidence of that it's just what I think. I don't think she is clever enough to pull the stunt off that you suggest, again she must believe she knows better than everyone else on every matter.
I don't think a person needs to be all that clever to commit to a rouse or to convince themself that they believe in it.
Any person who can maintain a career in public life & in a cut-throat environment such as politics is probably very clever even if it doesn't seem so.

If ever there was a time for a third party to gain ground this would it, if not at the minimum I'm expecting much better representation in the subsequent midterms. Am I aiming to high? lol
In everything, it's correct to aim high. :)

I don't think a person needs to be all that clever to commit to a rouse or to convince themself that they believe in it.
Any person who can maintain a career in public life & in a cut-throat environment such as politics is probably very clever even if it doesn't seem so.
I should have said "fool me", of course she is clever as we all can see but am I the only one that sees some sincerity in her? Maybe it's easier to hide not having it than hide actually having it.

In everything, it's correct to aim high. :)
👍

I'm currently listening to the last Libertarian primary debate from May 16th (No idea why. We have no LP primary in this state. Probably to cleanse my palette.) and just gotten past opening remarks.

Austin Petersen gets sound bite points for, "I'm running for president to take over the government to leave everyone alone."

Unfortunately, I don't think that he's as principled as he claims to be.

I'm currently listening to the last Libertarian primary debate from May 16th (No idea why. We have no LP primary in this state. Probably to cleanse my palette.) and just gotten past opening remarks.

Austin Petersen gets sound bite points for, "I'm running for president to take over the government to leave everyone alone."

Unfortunately, I don't think that he's as principled as he claims to be.
The Blaze carried the Libertarian Party debate that was in Nevada not too long ago, and to be honest, about half of what they (as a whole) said isn't going to really fly especially if either the Republicans or the Democrats gain control of Congress, let alone getting things approved through the Supreme Court.

From Hillary to one of her potential running mates. Virginia Governor Terry McAuliffle is now under FBI investigation for accepting illegal campaign contributions from this man:

Wang Wenliang.jpg

Allow me to introduce Wang Wenliang, a former Chinese People's Congress Delegate and businessman. Wang reportedly donated $120,000 to McAuliffe's campaign and $2 million to the Clinton Foundation.

Campaign contributions by foreign nationals is illegal under US law, but a spokesperson for Mr. Wenliang claims that he holds US Permanent Residency status, making him a US person under election law.

McAuliffe is the second consecutive Virginia governor to be investigation by the Justice Department and the FBI. Former Gov. Bob McDonnell was investigated in 2014 and subsequently convicted of corruption charges related to $175,000 in loans and gifts he received from a friend and donor.

The FBI investigation has been going on for over a year, and is still ongoing.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...tion-for-possible-illegal-campaign-donations/

The Blaze carried the Libertarian Party debate that was in Nevada not too long ago, and to be honest, about half of what they (as a whole) said isn't going to really fly especially if either the Republicans or the Democrats gain control of Congress, let alone getting things approved through the Supreme Court.
Was that the one hosted by Penn Jillette? That's the one I'm listening too on Penn's podcast.

The biggest issue they'll have getting things through Congress is their understanding that president isn't all powerful.

As for the Supreme Court, the next president could appoint enough justices to put the Supreme Court in their corner. If nothing else, they can create a court that will upset the system for a generation.

Was that the one hosted by Penn Jillette? That's the one I'm listening too on Penn's podcast.
Yes, that's the one.

The biggest issue they'll have getting things through Congress is their understanding that president isn't all powerful.
That little obstacle didn't stop Obama from shoving through gun control reform aimed at stripping seniors, veterans and mental patients (who only sought help for a depression) of their gun rights. I'm sure that Karl Marx would be proud of our President.

As for the Supreme Court, the next president could appoint enough justices to put the Supreme Court in their corner. If nothing else, they can create a court that will upset the system for a generation.
Which still has to be confirmed by the Senate, and no Senate would confirm a third party's choices unless they are willing to drive their agenda.

That little obstacle didn't stop Obama from shoving through gun control reform aimed at stripping seniors, veterans and mental patients (who only sought help for a depression) of their gun rights. I'm sure that Karl Marx would be proud of our President.
But if these guys are half as principled as they claim they won't be as abusive of power as the last three presidents. They might be the least abusive of them all.

Which still has to be confirmed by the Senate, and no Senate would confirm a third party's choices unless they are willing to drive their agenda.
For how long and how many can they refuse to confirm before constituents get mad? They could stonewall to the point of not having a functional court, but that would be suicide. If Johnson presidents like he governed Congress will start giving in due to attrition.

If a 3rd Party candidate won wouldn't they win some house seats as well?
No. Congress is separated from the Executive.

Separation of powers for the purpose of checks and balances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back