PS3 General Discussion

Hey why is there are a green light still on on the PS3 even when it's on standby, and it makes a slight wurr sound as if something is on? Is it the harddrive? The wireless card?

Well if you like FPS games you are pretty much guaranteed to like CoD4, the single-player is loads of fun and should get you started with the controls and how the game works. Then you get to the online and it is a whole different ballgame, lots of use have been playing it online for a while now and you really have to learn to keep your head on a swivle out there. GREAT GAME!!

@Giancarlo - I have never had that sort of problem with my PS3, when on standby there should be a red light only and not make any sounds. Are you pressing the PS button on the controller and then choosing turn off system? or just leaving it there or something like that?

@Giancarlo - I have never had that sort of problem with my PS3, when on standby there should be a red light only and not make any sounds. Are you pressing the PS button on the controller and then choosing turn off system? or just leaving it there or something like that?

Pressing the PS button...do you have the PS3 running on wireless internet?

You can't really hear it unless you bring your ear really close to the console.

Flick it off at the switch. Then flick it back on a few seconds later. If it's silent and has a red light, it's in standby and there's some issue with how you're turning it off.

Ah it is the wireless card picking up the signal, because it does go away when i disable the internet connection. Are you guys running wireless too? If you're not getting that green light on the bottom of the PS3, it means you have no internet connection. I think.

:D

O are you talking about a green light at the back like where you would plug in the network cable or the front right where the light is green when on? I am using wired internet connection, never had any problems.

O are you talking about a green light at the back like where you would plug in the network cable or the front right where the light is green when on? I am using wired internet connection, never had any problems.

Neither, i'm talking about the green light on the bottom left of the front of the console, next to the orange HDD indicator.

Just great I come in after taking some photos tonight, I return home to check on my PS3, and as soon as it is about to sign in.

My PS3 tells me my password is incorrect, even when I am using the correct password. Which means someone cracked my PSN account.

Update:

After someone reset my password by my secret answer, I fully changed my password again. However, after I thought I was off the hook someone changed it again, which led me to finally giving in and changing the email address tied to my PSN account.

I just hope this does not happen again, but if I had to have any final thoughts on this, it must be someone who really hates me on any of the message boards my PSN ID is on.

Just great I come in after taking some photos tonight, I return home to check on my PS3, and as soon as it is about to sign in.

My PS3 tells me my password is incorrect, even when I am using the correct password. Which means someone cracked my PSN account.

Update:

After someone reset my password by my secret answer, I fully changed my password again. However, after I thought I was off the hook someone changed it again, which led me to finally giving in and changing the email address tied to my PSN account.

I just hope this does not happen again, but if I had to have any final thoughts on this, it must be someone who really hates me on any of the message boards my PSN ID is on.

Wow that just plain sucks. I hope this dosnt become a problem for all of us. You sure its nobody you know doing it for a joke?

I now own Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm ($49 each). I've been playing Motorstorm for most of the afternoon, it's really good fun. Do many people play it online still?

Update:

It sounds like you need a harder password. My secret answer only tells me the first part of my answer but as it is ten characters and has three numbers in the middle all my secret answer does is tell me which password I am using.

All my passwords have a minimum of eight characters and always have numbers somewhere in the middle. A password should never just be a word or one thing relevant to you. Those can be cracked using free software found online or guessed by someone who only remotely knows a few details about you.

All my passwords have at least 10 characters long with a few numbers thrown in. They're not 'guess-able' at all, unless you crack them or spy while I'm typing.

Also, I try not to have the same password for many different websites, it makes it even more secure for me.

All my passwords have at least 10 characters long with a few numbers thrown in. They're not 'guess-able' at all, unless you crack them or spy while I'm typing.
Yeah, someone would have to be recording my keystrokes to get mine without doing some heavy duty hacking. A few people have tried to watch me type my passwords but give up when they realize that I hit keys all over the keyboard. Plus, if it is one you use often you can type it fast enough to make it hard to catch them all.

Exactly, same here.

You can watch me type them, but it's hard to 'catch it', since I also go all over the keyboard and hit the number keys above in between. Plus, they're not common used words whatsoever, more like fractions of words or most commonly, distorted words with numbers randomly tossed in.

I now own Resistance: Fall of Man and Motorstorm ($49 each). I've been playing Motorstorm for most of the afternoon, it's really good fun. Do many people play it online still?

I play Motorstorm online from time to time, i just got it too. I'll add you on PSN.

I'm almost on max friend capacity - already 46 now - all from GTP.

What will I do when GT5P comes out on EU and I want to add more people to play it online? Max of 50 really sucks... :rolleyes:

I'm almost on max friend capacity - already 46 now - all from GTP.

What will I do when GT5P comes out on EU and I want to add more people to play it online? Max of 50 really sucks... :rolleyes:

I think its been said before but its likely that the friends list limit will increase with the release of home... because with home your supposed to meet people and add them as a friend... I'm sure GT5P wont be out in the EU before that.. knowing PD, GT4P took about a year!

On another note, it there anyway to delete the players met list without having to block them first then delete them from the blocked folder?

Oh and also, how do you made folders under the video section in the XMB?

Robin

*snip*
On another note, it there anyway to delete the players met list without having to block them first then delete them from the blocked folder?
I haven´t tried it yet, my 'recent met players' list still has players met in early November while playing Resistance.
Since with the new patch CoD4 will add players to the same list, I' malso curious as to how to do it.

Robin

I usually rename them all one by one and store them using the name tags, gets much easier that way.
But I'm stupid, so I'd just wait until someone with a brain to post a better way. :dunce:

Hit triangle on the video you want to file under a folder and then click on information. In the information you can change both the video title and Album name. The album name should just say - Click X on the album name and then enter whatever folder you want the video filed under. When you finish it will automatically create the folder with the video in it.

If you want to add videos to the same folder just enter the same album name for that video. Predictive text helps a lot for this because even if you add an extra space it will read it as a new folder.

You can also do this for photos, music, and games on the hard drive.

Come play Warhawk with us. If you have a huge desire to drive I am sure Solid Fro will take you out drifting in the 4x4.

Hit triangle on the video you want to file under a folder and then click on information. In the information you can change both the video title and Album name. The album name should just say - Click X on the album name and then enter whatever folder you want the video filed under. When you finish it will automatically create the folder with the video in it.

If you want to add videos to the same folder just enter the same album name for that video. Predictive text helps a lot for this because even if you add an extra space it will read it as a new folder.

You can also do this for photos, music, and games on the hard drive.

Thanks Foolkiller...👍

Although Sony! Thats a seriously backwards way of doing it! Whats wrong with Triangle, New Folder???!!!

Still wondering bout this players met thing, wish you could turn it off really!

Robin

Thanks Foolkiller...👍

Although Sony! Thats a seriously backwards way of doing it! Whats wrong with Triangle, New Folder???!!!

Still wondering bout this players met thing, wish you could turn it off really!

Robin
I think it is because there is no traditional file system, rather it is reading teh information on the files themselves. The file type tells it what type of media it is and then it reads the file information to determine how to sort it within than media list.

I'm just guessing, but as there were no folders originally I am guessing that is how they are doing it.

Come play Warhawk with us. If you have a huge desire to drive I am sure Solid Fro will take you out drifting in the 4x4.

I don't have Warhawk yet. I'm still debating if i should get it even though i have a nive rotation of games currently, Rainbow Six Vegas, UT3, Guitar Hero 3 and Call of Duty 4. All bought in the last 2 months.

Back