PS3 General Discussion

I don't have Warhawk yet. I'm still debating if i should get it even though i have a nive rotation of games currently, Rainbow Six Vegas, UT3, Guitar Hero 3 and Call of Duty 4. All bought in the last 2 months.
Try it out first if you can. Some people love it and others hate it.

Warhawk - BOOOO!

CoD4 - YAAAY!

:lol: just kidding
I fail to see a huge 6 machine gun, six missile turret dropship in COD4.

Tanks and jeeps and planes, oh my!

Aren't there few people playing Warhawk online right now? I mean i'm sure the bonus pack they just put out might help, but still.

Aren't there few people playing Warhawk online right now? I mean i'm sure the bonus pack they just put put might help, but still.
If you want to call 300-800 games at any given time a few. I usually have to run filter searches to find ranked games I am wanting to get into.

Wow that just plain sucks. I hope this dosnt become a problem for all of us. You sure its nobody you know doing it for a joke?
I contacted the UK PlayStation Network team, to see if they can track the person down and punish him.

It sounds like you need a harder password. My secret answer only tells me the first part of my answer but as it is ten characters and has three numbers in the middle all my secret answer does is tell me which password I am using.

All my passwords have a minimum of eight characters and always have numbers somewhere in the middle. A password should never just be a word or one thing relevant to you. Those can be cracked using free software found online or guessed by someone who only remotely knows a few details about you.
Anyone could get there account hijacked, because if it is someone from a message board you have visited, knows the following things:

*One of your email addresses
*The place you were born in
*Your PSN username

Then all they need to do is first enter your email address, with an unsuccessful password, they then need to go to forgot password and then enter your place of birth.

They can then change your password that way, even if your password is a mix of letters, dashes and numbers, which I have always done.

Final Thoughts

The only places people can find my PSN username are the following:

*GTPlanet
*AVForums
*GameSpot

Which could mean the person may be from one of the following three places above.

I contacted the UK PlayStation Network team, to see if they can track the person down and punish him.

Anyone could get there account hijacked, because if it is someone from a message board you have visited, knows the following things:

*Your PSN username

Then all they need to do is first enter your email address, with an unsuccessful password, they then need to go to forgot password and then enter your place of birth.

They can then change your password that way, even if your password is a mix of letters, dashes and numbers, which I have always done.

Final Thoughts

*GTPlanet
*AVForums
*GameSpot

Which could mean the person may be from one of the following three places above.

That's some good thinking there old man !... +Rep for that 👍

Does anyone know how Motorstorm's online is? I'm kinda board racing the computer (not that i'm to good, just board) and wondering if anyone of yea's play it online.

That's some good thinking there old man !... +Rep for that 👍
I just want to make sure no one has to ever experience, what I have experienced. Anyway, before I head off for a few hours, thanks for the reputation.

how come i cant figure out how to shut my consol off by the button on it? i have to start a game, and hit the ps button to turn it off...

Turning it on is fine!

how come i cant figure out how to shut my consol off by the button on it? i have to start a game, and hit the ps button to turn it off...

Turning it on is fine!

hold the PS button down for several seconds and the menu will come up, or just hold the button by the tray down until it beeps

I am thinking of buying Assassin's Creed. Best Buy has it on sale for $37.99 right now. I got a gift card for Christmas that has $30 on it, along with $15 in Reward Zone gift certificates. What do you think of the game for that price or should I get something else?

I am thinking of buying Assassin's Creed. Best Buy has it on sale for $37.99 right now. I got a gift card for Christmas that has $30 on it, along with $15 in Reward Zone gift certificates. What do you think of the game for that price or should I get something else?
If you like God Of War Style games, but with Wide Open movement (no restrictions as to what way you can go) definatly buy it. The beginning where I'm at is REALLY REALLY REALLY WEIRD, But it gets better...

my nephew just got an 80 gig ps3 and I'm taking some games over this weekend to show him what it can do, whats the best way to take game saves over there and do I actually need to copy them on to the drive or can the saves be read directly from media?

well I figured I would be able to do that, but I was wondering if by creating certain folders I would be able to let it read from any of the available card slots or even my psp...

I'm confused.

For Crimbo yesterday I got NFS Prostreet. However, during loading on it, the game tells me I can upgrade it from the PSN store to the collectors edition giving 5 new cars etc, however I cannot find it. Anyone else seen it?

Go to Games>Add-Ons I think. It may be under Newest Add-Ons from the root menu as well.

Edit: Ok, its actually under View All>N>Need For Speed Pro Street. "NFS Collectors Upgrade"

And they spelled the Zonda F "Pagini". 👎

Ok, this pisses me off... I got Guitar hero, but before i even opened the case, i upgraded my ps3 to versian 2.10? whatever the newest is... Now whenever I play GH3, They ask me to upgrade to 1.03 or something stupid, I can hit No, and i keep playing, but it interupts me sometimes half way through a song?!

Ok, this pisses me off... I got Guitar hero, but before i even opened the case, i upgraded my ps3 to versian 2.10? whatever the newest is... Now whenever I play GH3, They ask me to upgrade to 1.03 or something stupid, I can hit No, and i keep playing, but it interupts me sometimes half way through a song?!

That is upgrading GH itself.

Did I miss something or did the PS Store not get updated yesterday?

Sony took a break. And we the hypes... ..err I mean the gamers have to go without out our weekly fix. They should have done it early like they did a month ago rather than not at all.

Why anyone say no to an upgrade?????

IAnyone could get there account hijacked, because if it is someone from a message board you have visited, knows the following things:

*Your PSN username

Wait it doesn't email your password to you, it just shows it on screen, without answering a security question?

Final Thoughts

*GTPlanet
*AVForums
*GameSpot

Or it could be a non-member scouring those sites to find someone's account to hijack. If I had to guess though, short of someone on here being a prankster, which I doubt as they haven't owned up at this point, I would say it was most likely a GameSpot member.

Turning it on is fine!
Just hold the PS button down for a few seconds.

Besides, why shut it down when you can join our Folding@Home team?

If I buy Warhawk should I get a headset for it?
Yes, it helps out a lot in the team games. It can be irritating when a team member is running around, appearing to not aid the team and he can't tell you what he is trying to do. Plus, if you are trying to hold a zone or something you can call in help. I have a few times where I was holding a zone and about four guys from the other team come at me and I just say, "I need help in the center base," or something similar and a few seconds later three Warhawks from my team come swooping in. Or in Capture the Flag games you call out that you have the flag and need support, then just before the killing shot comes in a Warhawk drops a few missiles on to their guys.

If you plan it really well you can be going in for the flag and have a teammate drop a TOW missile (huge explosion) on their defenders giving you an open base to run into.

Team cooperation can sometimes make or break a game. Plus, the Jabra BT125 headset that comes in the package received a favorable review from Consumer Reports.

well I figured I would be able to do that, but I was wondering if by creating certain folders I would be able to let it read from any of the available card slots or even my psp...
I know there is a thread on sharing game saves, so that might have some answers. But I don't believe it will read them from a memory card of any kind because the games themselves look for it on the hard drive.

Well if someone will explain to me how this whole Folding@home team works, and if i'm going to have my PS3 Spontaneously combust on me (80gig seems to make SO MUCH NOISE)

Well if someone will explain to me how this whole Folding@home team works, and if i'm going to have my PS3 Spontaneously combust on me (80gig seems to make SO MUCH NOISE)
Under Network on the XMB you will see the Folding@Home logo. Click on it and answer any questions it has and it will download the software. Then you setup your account.

Then you can go to our Folding@Home GTP Team thread:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92758&highlight=Folding@Home

That will give you the team number and whatnot. You sign up and if you set it up you can have Folding turn on just whenever your system goes idle or you turn it on. The latest update included the ability to play music on the hard drive while Folding as well.

And your PS3 will not spontaneously combust. I have yet to see a case of overheating with mine. Make sure you have your PS3 where it will get good air flow and all that stuff. Heck, an editor at 1Up.com actually posted a story about how his PS3 running idle in a cabinet with his XBox360, that was being played at the time, caused the 360 to overheat and die all while the PS3 just turned up the fan speed a bit.

PS3s are known for loud fan noises, but if they are placed in a way to help them stay cool they run much quieter.

Anyway, my PS3 hasn't been off for more than just a few minutes at a time since I got it in June, and those few times were to reset my Internet connection or get out of a frozen demo. Basically, it has been restarted, but not shut down.

Allright welp, Its downloading now. I'll join the team, Do we get anything for being such an awesome team?! lmao
The satisfaction that you are helping research diseases like Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's.

Oh and knowing that you are part of the world's largest shared computing network, we broke the record back in September according to Guinness.

haha awesome. Sounds like a plan!

FoolKiller, I'm going to add you on PSN so accecpt my little invitation haha (AmuseR1)
I won't be on until later but I have yet to purposely turn anyone down from GTP.

Haha allright; Hey, How do I put music onto my PS3?!
Do you have a memory stick or any another storage device that connects via USB? The PS3 should be able to pick the device up and see whatever content is on it (if you select "See All"). If you want to do it via a network (directly from PC to PS3 wirelessly - you can stream this way too so you don't have to put the files directly onto the PS3), then you'll have to wait for another response...

Back