PS3 General Discussion

TB
Plasmas can still get burn-in, it's just not as likely as it used to be.
Yep. It's just that it's very unlikely now unless you keep a still image on screen for days at a time... etc, compared to the hours with much older sets.

Just make sure for the first 100 hours or so with a new set you're careful with the images since it'll be in its running in period.

Small update for my Rock Band guitar. I got rid of all the orange peel stuff from the first spray I did by using sand paper. I gave my guitar a real cool wood feel. I sprayed it again and got no orange peel this time. I started to sand away ruff parts around the pick guard. By accident, I figured I just remove the black paint around the edge to make a white boarder. This is how it turned out:

2735327386_96f8c1acb4.jpg

Now, I need a design. I looked around YouTube for stencil art and air brushing. There is some really cool **** to watch.

I played with my friends this week. I'm pretty confident on Medium... I need to practice on Hard. Medium just isn't cool enough. I hate that Red Hot Chilli Peppers song and I've grown an attachment to Orange Crush by R.E.M. I don't agree with the lyrics but, it's a nice song to play.

I can beat Green Grass and High Tides consistently now on expert. Thrasher is still kickin my butt. I can get to the second solo but i keep messin up. I beat Thrasher and Blinded by Fear on drums on hard.

Solid I never see you playing online :confused:

Well, my guitar is not in playing condition right now. :lol:

As for other games, when Warhawk reaches 1.5, I'll get back into it.

ok, i know that I kinda already posted this, but my PS3 controller is not charging, I really need help. It wont charge in the wall, the computer, or in my PS3. Someone please help me

ok, i know that I kinda already posted this, but my PS3 controller is not charging, I really need help. It wont charge in the wall, the computer, or in my PS3. Someone please help me
Let's get the stupid questions out of the way first:

1) Is it plugged in via USB?
2) Is the other end of the USB plugged into the system?
3) Is your controller registered with the PS3 (works).
4) If you plug it into the PS3 and hit the PS button what does the battery icon show?

Is it an official Sony controller?
What kind of wall charger are you trying?

All of those question are what i checked. Um, the last one, it doesnt say "charging" it just says charged level, and I only have one bar left. The wall charger is a DVE Switching Adaptor. Do you know how to fix it? Its the only controller i have and I dont have any money to go get another one. Oh yeah, and yes the controller came with the PS3 when i got it, so it is an official PS3 controller

Could it be the usb cable? turn off the controller then try it again with another cable..

Yeah, i would try that, but i dont have another cable, just the one it came with. Im completely broke so, i cant go out and buy another one.

The wall charger is a DVE Switching Adaptor.
Um, is this one specifically designed for a PS3 controller or did you just see that it has the same sized USB connector and plug it in without checking the voltage rating? Did the problems start after you used this adapter?

Better yet, has your controller ever charged?

I dont have anything to use the usb on. My comp says that there is a problem or something, I dont quite remember.
Yeah, i would try that, but i dont have another cable, just the one it came with. Im completely broke so, i cant go out and buy another one.
First of all, use the Edit button and stop double posting or a mod will get on you.

Do you not know anyone else with a USB cable? They are used for practically everything these days. I have one for my phone, my camera, my PS3, etc. Someone you know has a USB cable that will work.

How old is your PS3? If it is still under warranty you could just call Sony (please tell me you kept your receipt.)

Um, is this one specifically designed for a PS3 controller or did you just see that it has the same sized USB connector and plug it in without checking the voltage rating? Did the problems start after you used this adapter?

Better yet, has your controller ever charged?

First of all, use the Edit button and stop double posting or a mod will get on you.

Do you not know anyone else with a USB cable? They are used for practically everything these days. I have one for my phone, my camera, my PS3, etc. Someone you know has a USB cable that will work.

How old is your PS3? If it is still under warranty you could just call Sony (please tell me you kept your receipt.)

Actually i bought off of a friend, he never used, so i dont have the recipet. Do you know Sony's number? Yeah i just saw that it had the same size so i used it

Actually i bought off of a friend, he never used, so i dont have the recipet. Do you know Sony's number?
I doubt you would be covered by their warranty, so they would likely charge you to fix it. You could check their customer support Website (you'll need to Google it)

Yeah i just saw that it had the same size so i used it
Did it work before you tried that? If so, did it charge succesfully?

But I am assuming you will have to find some money and pay to have it fixed or get a new one.

Seriously, just buy a new controller. You're wasting your time / money doing anything else, IMO.

Yeah, i just called them, im gonna send it in, they are gonna fix it for me, probably send me a new one, for free. I'm gonna mail sometime tomorrow.

The ripten images aren't allowing linking.

Anyway, Heavy Rain looks great, but I think if anything gives you that odd sense of something isn't right because of the uncanny valley effect it is this.

It hits that exact spot where you are starting to tell your mind it is real, but some unconcious thing in the back of your head is telling you that something isn't quite right.

The ripten images aren't allowing linking.

Anyway, Heavy Rain looks great, but I think if anything gives you that odd sense of something isn't right because of the uncanny valley effect it is this.

It hits that exact spot where you are starting to tell your mind it is real, but some unconcious thing in the back of your head is telling you that something isn't quite right.

Yea, it has succumbs to the uncanny valley pretty hard, but I haven't really let that bother me too much in the past.

I absolutely loved the first half of Indigo Prophecy (the second half...not so much) so I'm really looking forward to this, especially after all the positive reactions from post E3.

I finally beat thrasher on expert. A song many say is the toughest in RockBand. I have beatin all the hardest songs in RockBand, i have-almost. Still have Shockwave(86%) and Snow(4%) to beat.

First victory

Second victory

I figured out that I was strumming too fast making it harder than it should be. The second Solo's triplets are easy now using the solo keys using only the same two fingers to hit the first 2 notes. The key is to use your(full bar) overdrive right after the fast part BEFORE the 1st solo and hit 75% of the notes on the pre-solo to build up your meter. And you have to hit at least 50% of notes in the second part of the first solo. The second solo is easy if you can hit all the notes in the first part, second part is tricky and you should use overdrive if you can't hit at least 50% of them of you will fail. The rest is easy. 👍

Back