PURE | Integra World Championship III | Series Champion: R1600Turbo!

• Thread starter Müle
  • 752 comments
58.2xx is my best at the moment, and can run in the 58's for about 14 laps or so. I might be able to take a couple tenths off that, but as usual I'm not worried about outright speed. Car handles great. :)

Last night I ran a 59.052 with CSL's tune. Switched to the RKM tune that I've made a couple of changes to and while I made it through sector 1 faster I didn't get through 2&3 without goofing something up and losing whatever I gained in 1 and then some.

I ran off about 16 laps before I felt my tires had to be changed but ran til I had 20 on them. Was only turning 1:xx.xxx laps for most of those however.

I am on my phone and don't have ny old man spectacles so can't link you directly to the forum posts but I think RT has them both linked in an earlier post in this thread and CSL posted his tune in this thread as well. Check out the tuning forum for the RKM tuning thread. They have a fairly extensive library of tunes.

Thanks, will check out when i get home... Ive been tryingto get my tail to spin out.. My fronts are wearing out too much, because of understeer. And ive already taken the aero off back

It's hard to find a setup for these cars that helps bring the tail out. You might try setting the ride height higher in the front than it is in the back. That should help with some rotation. The front tires will wear much faster, there's just nothing you can do about that. All comes down to wheel input and throttle control for tire savings.

Someone post a specific tune for this spec all the others are crazy bhp on SS.

This is what I used at last season's finale at Spa. :)
It looks a bit off, so I'll have to check, I'm not sure about the toe and camber, if the toe and camber are correct here then I think I can make something better now.

Aero:
Suspension:​
15/30
+10 / -10​
Gears:
9.1 / 5.9​
Top Speed 124mph
8/5​
5/8​
5/5​
Camber/Toe:​
1.5/1.5​
-0.40/0.00​
Brakes:​
Final Gear: 3400
2/4​
LSD:
ABS: 1​
9/13/5

:rolleyes::P

I found with CSL's tune I had to bump up the HP on the car with mods to get the gear ratios set to to his spec, then remove them to get the HP down to 269. Not sure if the ratios apply with the lower HP but I set them there anyway.

Would still like to see RT's tune but I reckon if that + his driving skills gives him an advantage, I really don't expect him to give it out. Will try raising the front end on the RKM tune some to see if that helps turn in any.

Will any of the hosts be on tonight for qualification runs?

Tbh I've found when tuning this car nothing seems to make any difference with the exception of the transmission :lol:.

moizezz
Wot be able to make the race this saturday, sorry

I won't be able to make Saturday either. However I will be able to make Sunday but I'm not gonna be able to do a qualy lap so if it's cool I'll start at the back?

58.2xx is my best at the moment, and can run in the 58's for about 14 laps or so. I might be able to take a couple tenths off that, but as usual I'm not worried about outright speed. Car handles great. :)

It's a bit tough with the DS3, but I managed 11 laps in the 58s, and I'm pretty sure the first 5 laps I went too hard into the corners. PB atm is a 58.008, so I reckon I'll be in the 57's soon.

Any advice on braking into the corners? I noticed that either the inside or outside tire would start smoking going in to the hairpins, so I guess I'm braking too hard?

Edit: 57.898

Last edited:
I will be this afternoon, or tonight.

@ Biffy - since I use a wheel I'm not sure I can help all that much. Try shifting the brake balance towards the rear some?

Working on mechanically improving my brake pedal response. Will be ready/standing by in about 30-45 minutes.

@ Mule and/or RT - Do you want me to open a room for qualifying or would you rather do it?

Room open.
1472-4710-9952-5900-1108

Will be here a while.

Is there a way to set the HP limit on the room to 269? When I set it, it jumps from 266 to 274. So far as I can tell the rest of the settings are set they way they are described in the OP.

Ok PP limit will be set to 490 was it?

Going to be eating dinner soon. Will leave room open and if someone is there before I eat will try and transfer room to them. It is not set to fixed host. Participants set to 6 at the moment.

Last edited:
As long as you've got the same settings as the race, it's fine

Back