Questionable modifications: pictures inside!

• Thread starter -Fred-
  • 38,840 comments

mmm blobby.

I presume the guy embraced the ownership of having a lousy car and did like some others do to their bad cars to make it look worse, and did that to the rear tyres.

Wow, that orange thing is horrid... albeit quite well done. What was it? It's british, I'm almost sure of that.

I'm back to shed more eye-watering pictures and videos.

Not sure if this has been posted before, but posting anyway -

A friend of mine from NC shared this on her Facebook... she loved it and says she wants to do it to her '98 Grand Marquis. I personally despise the idea. But I've never really taken a liking to hydraulics. The only thing I sort of like about this are the automatic doors... not the scissor doors though. It'd be pretty funky to have a car that opens it's doors for you, but if you did it in public you'd look a complete and utter arse. Just like those people who start their cars or put on their headlights before actually reaching the car.

Here's a seat.

Car_Seat_Covers_13.jpg

That Honda is pretty... Um, ridiculous. To say the least.

Here's a couple I thought belonged here.
547971_10150708446544267_164760889266_9230929_835384364_n.jpg

384561_10150435043909267_164760889266_8376829_30517683_n.jpg

At least finish the back on that Mustang lol

Wow, that orange thing is horrid... albeit quite well done. What was it? It's british, I'm almost sure of that.

Well the body is some 50s Jag or at least looking like one, though the details check out as a 97, with a 4l so I guess partly XJ6 somewhere

Mustang/Cobra/Mutant thing
Kinda looks like he was trying to make a Shelby Series One. But still, EWWWW! :yuck:

Beat up Crown Victoria with a silly suspension

Hydraulics, yuck. It can't be good for the car and all it's mechanical components to be jerked around like that with all of the constant up-down-up-down-side to side movement that you can do with hydraulics. What a stupid thing, hydraulics. :yuck:

Hydraulics, yuck. It can't be good for the car and all it's mechanical components to be jerked around like that with all of the constant up-down-up-down-side to side movement that you can do with hydraulics. What a stupid thing, hydraulics. :yuck:

I thought the same. And what if one of those compressors goes? Or he gets an electrical fault? He's f'ed. Good luck trying to fit those compressors again - or finding the source of the electrical fault.

It must take a concentrated effort to spend that much money on modifying the exterior of a car and then not put the aftermarket spoiler on even close to straight.

Ugh. Why.... WHY?!?!?! :ill::yuck::facepalm:

Why would someone put a crappy bodykit on a TT like that? Some people.

And don't get me started on that truck, jeep or whatever that lifted crap is. :ill:

AY0F0921.jpg

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

I don't like Celicas, but my god, that thing sure has a met a cruel fate :odd: The best thing is that, according to Speedhunters, the tyres don't even hold air properly anymore. This is one of the few times when I am truely grateful that the German authorities are so picky about modified cars. This... abomination would be dragged off the road as soon as the police spotted it.

I've seen that Celica a few times, out and about on Facebook pages. Just Stance said they didn't like it, Fast Car magazine said they didn't like it, and there was probably more. I do like stanced cars but that.... that's just ridicilous. They didn't even bother to put the rear arches on properly.

As for the TT - I think the only thing I like about it are the rear lights. The rest of it looks like one of those plastic toy cars that's supposed to look like a car but it's not actually a real one.

My God. Why?

That Celica looks like crap right there. Who thinks that is show material? It's 🤬 that's what it is. :yuck:

I kinda like the stance look when done properly and if the car has a airbag system installed to achieve the look and can still be driven when the bags are turned off and suspenision tweaked back to normal for driving. But this overdoing of the camber and wrong offset and rims bigger than the tires is completely stupid. Even Mark, from Fatlace, says it's really out of control and he was the guy who created the look, but with a techincial aspect towards it.

And then retards then think this is cool and turn a car into 🤬 and they are ballin or gangsta. Poor Civics abused, AGAIN! :facepalm:

The Celica seems more like a trolling build. Duct tape for the win, and is that epoxy under the duct tape...

Also that's not stance, that is them jacking the car up then having someone angle unbolted tires under it and then allowing the jack to quickly come out from under. Thus the car lands on said tires and we get those amazingly ugly pictures of a disaster of a car.

Someone should make a GT5 meme of that car to make fun of drifters and camber rates.

The Celica seems more like a trolling build.
You're most likely right, but that thing was driven on public roads. For quite a bit, from what I could gather from the article. Now, I don't mind if someone wants to ruin their cars, but dang, driving that thing on public roads endangered not only the driver, but basically everyone in his proximity. I can't for the life of me believe that that thing is actually safe to be driven on a normal street.

Just imagine that Celica attempting an emergency lane change :nervous:

^ General Lee Bentley

:ill:

Edit:
It looks like a car that is in a road rally like the Gumball3000.

Last edited:
I reckon if that TT's grill wasn't so big, the splitter wasn't huge and maybe if the rear lights were modified in the manner that the front were; it wouldn't look that bad.

RocZX
Edit:
It looks like a car that is in a road rally like the Gumball3000.

That's what I was thinking. Who'd be that ridiculous to put stickers all over a Bentley? That said, it's more ridiculous that the car itself is Orange! Yuck!

Back