RIDE 5 to Launch August 24 for PC, PlayStation 5, and Xbox Series

• Thread starter Famine
  • 220 comments
RiMS is probably the one serious racing game on console that I’ve never bothered buying even when it’s on sale really cheap. Alongside FIA World Truck Racing Championship and the dragster game anyway. It tends to go on sale around a tenner quite regularly but I’ve never been motivated to buy it.

RiMS is probably the one serious racing game on console that I’ve never bothered buying even when it’s on sale really cheap. Alongside FIA World Truck Racing Championship and the dragster game anyway. It tends to go on sale around a tenner quite regularly but I’ve never been motivated to buy it.
I have it. Save your tenner for a couple of pints.

What's the best way to reach Milestone? I've tried Discord and their online Support Desk/ticket system - there's just no response at all. I even called their number in Italy - the lady told me "lodge a ticket online" - LOL!!

Tonne of visual issues.

This is cheap on steam sale at the minute, really tempted but i have ride 4, reviews don't look good....
Believe the reviews! It feels like a dead, half-arsed game. A quick money grab if you will. I think they are becoming less and less passionate with each Ride game and focusing mostly on MotoGP and Hot Wheels.

However, some of the bike sounds are nice, the helmet cam is a noticeable step up from Ride 4 and more of a return to form, reminiscent of Ride 3's helmet cam, but improved somehow. The track roster is nice and the physics can be interesting. They're slightly better than Ride 4's riding feel IMO. Worth it, perhaps, but get the complete edition only on sale.

Last edited:
They made a big swing to try and liven up the career mode with a storyline, missed the target and landed face first on the pavement. Much like in 3,a bunch of machines are locked away behind career races as well, that's pretty annoying. Other than that, it's a refinement from Ride 4, developing for the newer hardware exclusively allowed some things like improved physics and cameras. If you like bike games in general and can get it on sale, it's worth having for non-career mode racing.

I think it’s better/no better depending on what you want. Personally, I’m not into career modes etc, haven’t even tried it really. I love the race/championship creator. I think it’s a game changer. You can basically set up whatever you like and use whatever bikes you like, set up the whole grid, calendar, points system, weekend structure, liveries….in theory you could set up an entire British Superbike season (well, out of the tracks that are in the game) or something, I love that you can do this and that’s never been in a RiDE game before. It’s niche but I like niche and appreciate its inclusion massively. The problem is that it never ‘feels’ quite right because the AI is a bit wacky and the races themselves can descent into a bit of a frustrating mess of rewinds etc - but it offers something that sits it right in between the GT-type grindfest and a specialized circuit racer based on an official championship and I like it for that.

Back