RKL - Racing Kart League - 125cc | Season 4 | Round 1 - 26/01/2012

• Thread starter Tom
  • 263 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom
Fair enough, well, I think that the week afterwards would be a better option.

Maybe we could run a pre season race at Monaco this weekend? Get everyone together since there are a few new faces this year.

I should be available if we run on Sunday. I still don't have a teammate but I'm going to go ahead and make my team name TurtleSpeed Racing. I'll play around with colors tonight and post that later.

I'm available saturday and sunday 👍

I was thinking that since you are going to run the Racing Kart 125, we should run one of the stock green colors. I have my green/black kart all broke in, the green/white kart has about 60 miles on it so a couple hundred more and that one should be ready to go also. Whichever you decide is find by me: tup:

OP has been updated. Official Pre-Season test race at Monaco this Sunday.

I was thinking that since you are going to run the Racing Kart 125, we should run one of the stock green colors. I have my green/black kart all broke in, the green/white kart has about 60 miles on it so a couple hundred more and that one should be ready to go also. Whichever you decide is find by me: tup:

As I was looking for a "blazing" paint for the SPL kart, i've testet many different paints. The most blazing and shiny one, was the lime green from the Lexus LFA. When I changed to Racing Kart I used the same paint. The stock green is a bit too "green" and "plain".
I'll send you a lime green Lexus LFA, so you'll get the same paint. Try it and let my know what you think about :)

As I was looking for a "blazing" paint for the SPL kart, i've testet many different paints. The most blazing and shiny one, was the lime green from the Lexus LFA. When I changed to Racing Kart I used the same paint. The stock green is a bit too "green" and "plain".
I'll send you a lime green Lexus LFA, so you'll get the same paint. Try it and let my know what you think about :)

If I can get it from the new car then don't worry about sending it to me. 👍

Going to run in this...
GTP: harrison1476
PSN: harrison1476
Kart color: .. @jay b
Kart number: 25
Team: Turtlespeed Racing
^^ with jay

I'll be racing with knife and fork in my hands and controling kart with feet..right on dinner time,LoL

I will see you all in my lounge at 16.50 then. :)

Not going to make the race. Time is just not going to work for me. We're late risers on Sunday's so it's going to be too hard to make a 12:00 EST race. Sorry.

Guys, I'm going to be a bit late, I'll be on at 17.00 GMT. I will set-up my lounge once I'm home and we'll race.

Hey Tom,

"Speedclub" is interested to join season 4, you think he can still join or is it already to late?

Regarding qualification, i think its better to make a 10-15min run, where all are on the trk, but dont know what all other participants think about.

An other point I did notice, is the lenght of the races on the OP:

Tsukuba: (AVG lap time of 1:01.5)
R1= 6Laps aprox. 6:09.0
R2= 16Laps aprox. 16:24.0

Madrid: (AVG lap time of 1:40.0)
R1= 6Laps aprox. 10:00.0
R2=16Laps aprox. 23:20.0

R1 in madrid last almost twice as long as R1 at Tsukuba.

If you want, I can help you calculate laps for each trk, according to the desired race lenght. Just let my know how long (Time) you wish R1&R2 should be, and i'll calculate the amount of laps needed 👍

Last edited:
forgot to mention:

i'm a bit sad knowing we dont gonna race Autumn Ring, or better, the reverse one. This a very nice tecnical trk for karts :sly:

I did an online race at Tsukuba not to long ago. I managed to run a 1:00.2xx on my own. Looks like the Golden Potatoes have the edge.

I did an online race at Tsukuba not to long ago. I managed to run a 1:00.2xx on my own. Looks like the Golden Potatoes have the edge.

I did a 1:00.2xx too in a online race with no slipstream at all and sport softs, but the race took place with boost on max. I was leading the race when i did this time, it seems that boost affects the leading karts too. i took corners 4-6km/h (2.5-3.7mph) faster as usual. no way to reproduce that lap and corner speeds again with no boost. same thing happened one time at 24h nurb. in a kart race under rain (40 klimbing to 60%). i could take corners almost as fast as in the dry:scared:... boost was on :)

but nevertheless the "golden patatoes" are clearly the huge favourite for season 4. it will be a huge piece of work to hang on. but trust me, team thump will b there and put a tremendous pressure :cheers:

:) :dunce: :)

I did a 1:00.2xx too in a online race with no slipstream at all and sport softs, but the race took place with boost on max. I was leading the race when i did this time, it seems that boost affects the leading karts too. i took corners 4-6km/h (2.5-3.7mph) faster as usual. no way to reproduce that lap and corner speeds again with no boost. same thing happened one time at 24h nurb. in a kart race under rain (40 klimbing to 60%). i could take corners almost as fast as in the dry:scared:... boost was on :)

but nevertheless the "golden patatoes" are clearly the huge favourite for season 4. it will be a huge piece of work to hang on. but trust me, team thump will put a great pressure :cheers:

:) :dunce: :)
Boost made you faster while leading?? Must be a glitch because it should have made you slower.

Boost made you faster while leading?? Must be a glitch because it should have made you slower.

btw, the guy who was leading b4 i got the lead said the same thing. Online u never know if the time is accurate, thats why i'm very happy with my 1:00.446 on offline practice in less then 5 laps. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back