RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
But my car is a 4wd SUV...that means its faster off the tarmac right?:crazy::D
Actually I didn't have much luck when I touched the dirt in my brief stint in your SUV, it seemed to get the rear all to excited, and that was grip reduction low:crazy:

Actually I didn't have much luck when I touched the dirt in my brief stint in your SUV, it seemed to get the rear all to excited, and that was grip reduction low:crazy:
You sure it was the Pikes Peak you were driving and not the Rover? Thought I had the rear on the Audi fairly well under control unless you really worked at kicking it out...oh well always time later to correct any small deficiencies.:yuck:

By the way I'm only joking about it being faster off-road...at least I think I am.:crazy:

Good to see you Doc! Thought you were lost in a cloud of tire smoke down at the drag strips.:lol:

Yes, anyone that dares attempt my car in an online lobby probably won't make it around the track - ever.
I've never noticed a difference between "real" and "low" grip reduction on the tarmac, so that shouldn't be a big deal.

Same here. Laguna seca is one of those tracks where the physics change offline to online. My evora is extremely unstable online. Also I have no idea how my car will drive with grip reduction set to real since I never use it. But since it wasn't posted in the OP, I assumed it wasn't going to be used.

Same here. Laguna seca is one of those tracks where the physics change offline to online. My evora is extremely unstable online. Also I have no idea how my car will drive with grip reduction set to real since I never use it. But since it wasn't posted in the OP, I assumed it wasn't going to be used.
It shouldn't have any effect on the tarmac.

FTW the deadline is already up, if anyone is wondering, ended an hour and a half ago.

You sure it was the Pikes Peak you were driving and not the Rover?
Quite. It wouldn't be the first time a wheel created more over steer, my CSL over steered on braking more with a wheel for me as well.
It happens because with the wheel, partial braking and light steering angle happen more often, which can keep the front wheels from sliding the way they do with a clumsy DS3.

Also, now that the deadlines up, my times were 1:27.6 with a wheel, and 1:28.5 with a DS3 for my CSL, with room for a probable 1:27.0 if not high 1:26's, though others could do better, because Laguna is no longer "my track" like it used to be. :(

I'm very surprised nobody entered an M3 GTR, considering it's faster than all the other M3's.

I've finished my testing... all 16 cars as listed in post #2. Thanks for all the quick friend responses, you guys really made this easy - not just the driving ;)

I'll have a review (of sorts, hehe) ready either by tonight or tomorrow morning... are we allowed to post results yet?

I've finished my testing... all 16 cars as listed in post #2. Thanks for all the quick friend responses, you guys really made this easy - not just the driving ;)

I'll have a review (of sorts, hehe) ready either by tonight or tomorrow morning... are we allowed to post results yet?

You're done already?! I haven't even started! I'm too lazy to fire up a word document……

And yup, you can post the results whenever they are complete.

You're done already?! I haven't even started! I'm too lazy to fire up a word document……

And yup, you can post the results whenever they are complete.
Your missing Dr_slump from the list. He was a last minute entry right after Maf posted his tune in case you both missed it.

powers out here doing this from a pub on the other side of town it's 1:30ish here AM the 9th no power at home. how is this going to work for me?

powers out here doing this from a pub on the other side of town it's 1:30ish here AM the 9th no power at home. how is this going to work for me?

We have until the 20th to finish testing and write-ups if that's what you mean. I hope your power is back on by then! There'd be some pretty stinky, chunky milk otherwise.:sly:

And no Elises of any description either. After the early discussions about those being the killer cars.

And no Elises of any description either. After the early discussions about those being the killer cars.

Could be,like RUF RGT,Elise is very fast on Laguna,If it was allowed i would have published 3 cars or more x all the tuners = car to test till christmas.:):)

tris_73

I think people wanted to steer clear of the cars that would just be fast, and went the direction of Tuning something to compete. JMO.

I just noticed I've omitted writing a carbon driveshaft on the tune sheet, however it is fitted to the car on share. 👍

My friend list is full? Oh damn!

Sorry for that, I'll add you as soon as possible.

Oh you should know that the PSN friendlist has a limit of 100. ;)

And praiano what's wrong? If you hold that speed you'll run out of work! There are just about 1000 cars in GT5. Take it easy! The next GT comes at the earliest in about 5 years! :scared::lol:

My friend list is full? Oh damn!

Sorry for that, I'll add you as soon as possible.

Hey my friend Dr_slump. what's wrong with your friend list ? I've heard about some "PAPARRAZI" sleeping in the SR7 tunnel just to take a pic of you driving your Enzo. hahaha:lol:
Welcome back ,you have to teach me some secrets, i 'm tuning an old viper to race you.;)

Hey my friend Dr_slump. what's wrong with your friend list ? I've heard about some "PAPARRAZI" sleeping in the SR7 tunnel just to take a pic of you driving your Enzo. hahaha:lol:
Welcome back ,you have to teach me some secrets, i 'm tuning an old viper to race you.;)
Just too many guys think that I'm good at drag racing/tuning. No idea why.......

Well, there are indeed some "Paparazi" in the tunnel from time to time, but they get a kick and not a pic.

I saw you in the lobby, but you disappeared as fast as you came.......what happened?

Just too many guys think that I'm good at drag racing/tuning. No idea why.......

Well, there are indeed some "Paparazi" in the tunnel from time to time, but they get a kick and not a pic.

I saw you in the lobby, but you disappeared as fast as you came.......what happened?

Yes , i like to drag some few times, but it's dificult to compare and test settings. No test track ,nothing adapted to really drag and check how are your settings good or not. PD need to do something about it. Not dificult for them to add a good track or adapt an existant one with a decent fair start !!
See you Slump doctor.

Back