RVR's 1st Annual 525PP European Car Shootout!!! Final Tester and Tuner Results! :D

• Thread starter Akira GT
  • 1,341 comments
2 more added and working on three more cleaning up spelling and deciphering hand writing

And just to let you all Know The Viper didn't stand a chance thanks so much to All the tuners I had a blast!!

Indy

Love the updates Indy, it's making this boring trip threw Illinois on my way home more enjoyable. Hope you have my car up by the time I get home :). Great job!!

1st review/time posted.

Need FR's from Mafia and the good Doc....

Woah! I almost missed this post!
Ok, I'll send you a FR in a couple minutes.

It would be better when you testers send us friend requests, cause I don't read every post here. I could miss posts like this. If my friend list is full again, just send me a message, I'll add you then.

EDIT: Which PSN-ID? INDY_RACERFAN or C_Andretti?

Thanks guys glad your enjoying the updates.it was real fun, wish I could read my own hand writing would make things alot faster as would have using word or note pad.

@smrt I used alot of engine breaking too it helped me to keep the rear stable and I could get on it faster.

Indy
post updated.

Last edited:
Cykosis: Caterham Seven Fireblade: 1:33.464 Thanks to On_Boy for hosting this car. WHAT A RIDE. This little Bloke was a real treat to throw around the Corkscrew and the whole track for that matter. Start her up jump on the throttle and go, lite to no breaking, feather thru the corners and jump back on the gas. wish I was sitting in the seat WOW!!! Thanks this was a fun one for me.

Cracking stuff Indy, I knew the car wasn't going to be fast enough to collect medals, but I did want people to enjoy driving it. Sounds like you did, mission accomplished!! You lived up to your end marvelously too, 2 clear seconds faster than me, you properly know your way around this track.

Thanks for you time and efforts...

{Cy}

@Cy it's been my primary TT well as long as I can remember' thanks. wish I wasn't so damn old at times losing some of my reflex timing

I feel like a kid at christmas. Waiting on my cars feedback :D

Is it time to get up yet ? lol
You know the best part about it is this is like the 12 days of Christmas since Indy is only the first driver to start posting times and reviews.:) We have days more of driver times and reviews to come and then Dylan gets to compile the results!

I was so busy managing things with the FF Shootout that I couldn't really just sit back and enjoy the suspense of it all playing out. Thanks Dylan for running this Shootout.:gtpflag:

Damn Indy Flying fast around that cork screw. Nice to see the Beemers neck and neck so far. That Fireblade time is sick, must of held good momentum around the entire track.

Nice to see a Tester fire off some times.

I'm very surprise with your time and my car. I've test all those cars and i'm still 0"800 faster with my audi than the M3 or audi TT. It's not a few...
I really wasn't expecting a so bad result. :guilty:
Let's see others testers if the car fit better to them and also the result of the others 2 R8....

I'm very surprise with your time and my car. I've test all those cars and i'm still 0"800 faster with my audi than the M3 or audi TT. It's not a few...
Let's see others testers if the car fit better to them and also the result of the others 2 R8....

I have no idea what happened it drove on rails and the R8's turned like no others. Blame me or my DS3.

Indy

I think it must be a driver thing as when I was doing my testing of cars the R8 was one of the slower Audi's I tested yet 3 of you chose it over other models I thought were much faster than it. Personally I'm surprised no one entered an Audi S4 '98 which was my fastest test car prior to my final tuning of the Pikes Peak.

praiano63

Much I think has to do with Driving Style. Some Set-ups work well for specific styles. Then there is the wheel factor, some set-ups favor a wheel over a DS3. I drove your R8 and wasn't able to keep up with my Tune, doesn't meant it's going to be faster for everybody ;) With so many Tunes there is going to a variety of Styles. That's what makes these Shootouts so interesting, we get to see what is more versatile.

Much I think has to do with Driving Style. Some Set-ups work well for specific styles. Then there is the wheel factor, some set-ups favor a wheel over a DS3. I drove your R8 and wasn't able to keep up with my Tune, doesn't meant it's going to be faster for everybody ;) With so many Tunes there is going to a variety of Styles. That's what makes these Shootouts so interesting, we get to see what is more versatile.
In that case I win automatically...nothing is more versatile than a 4WD SUV!:crazy::lol:

We are talking about 1 second to 1 1/2 second above , with a car much more easy to drive. It's a lot on a short track like this.

You have to remember that he drives with a DS3, and you have a wheel. My own time was a lot faster as well, but that does not really mean anything in these contest.

Very true. I know I tuned my Evora to be fast and loose, and I don't expect any of the drivers to get close to my time. I enjoy watching the results unfold.

praiano63
We are talking about 1 second to 1 1/2 second above , with a car much more easy to drive. It's a lot on a short track like this.

Not sure I understand you.

I'm saying the "fastest" car might not be the same for everybody. Your R8 was the fastest for you, but not for me. While your style allowed you to drive the R8 much faster, my style was faster for me in other cars.

People have to keep in mind the fastest cars they find in testing, are not always the fastest for everybody. While Tunes can work well for specific Driving Styles, so can certain platforms. This is also added to certain platforms being easier to drive with either the wheel or DS3.

What's most versatile will be what works best over a variety of Driving Styles & those styles coupled by user's using a wheel or DS3.

X lol when I said versatile I meant what works best over a wide variety of Driving Styles :) , not what goes over a wider variety of terrains. PD bring back Pikes Peak (god I miss it) Now your SUV at Pikes Peak would be off the Chain. BTW have you hit a Rally event in it yet?

Last edited:
It didn't like Andretti and turn 11 for me and I couldn't make up the tenth's that lay on the table. I tried and tried. Just went back and did a two lap flyer with your R8 and I was running low 30's like it did for most of the 10 I had run as hotlaps. plus damn man I'm old we got some young guns coming. there are a million better drivers then me here.

Indy

Back