Sleepers

• Thread starter turboash78
  • 185 comments
When did I say I though Japanese cars weren't the best in the world? Hell Toyota is the number one selling car in America, I can't argue with numbers what so ever. Japanese cars are better in some catagories, American cars are better in others, and European cars are better in some. GM is far from the best in all areas and I don't like a lot of their products, however a good chunk of their products rate on the "decent" level.

But I doubt you could build a supercharger, unless you have taken the time to engineer it for the engine its going on and have done hours of math data calculations. Prove me wrong with actual information and I will accept the fact I'm wrong, till then I stand by my words.

did you miss the part where I said that I, along with everyone else here can't?
and I know you don't think japanese cars are the best in the world because the people who think that are obviously ignorant to a fault--wheras you havent--although a little stubborn, your havent shown stupidity.

Alright then fair enough, I think I can safely drop it till the next thing comes up.

Wow, I missed a lot of crap in this thread in the couple days I was gone. HA HA HA

Come on Blazin, wake up man. EVERYONE knows that you can build your own supercharger at home. DUH!! I built the turbo in my car, from scratch, for about $80 with leftover scrap from various jobs around the house. HA HA HA This guy can't be serious, is he???? HA HA

Hilg

If a supercharger was that easy to build I would have one on my truck, and I'm pretty good with engineering stuff. Plus I know my way around a garage decently enough, I mean welder, plasma cutter, stuff like that I can use.

a 1960s/ early seventies mercedes 280/300 SEL 6.3. nice sleeper.

early 90s W124 mercedes 500E

the original AMG hammer

they all handled great for thier time too. which is more than a lot of sleepers can do

BlazinXtreme
With that said, can I intrest you in my ocean front property in Arizona? It's a pretty good deal :sly:

I was lookin for somethin a lil closer to Nevada 👎

Hehe, I wish I could build a supercharger for 100 bucks that actually worked, or else the 360'd have 600hp. $60,000 for a Novitec kit? Bah! :sly:

Well, for what it's worth, I imagine you could build an S/C compressor for a couple hundred bucks or less, provided you had access to a full machine shop and the skills to do it. When it comes down to it, it's just a bunch of metal, you could machine it all if you really wanted to, especially with a CNC rig. I suppose the rest, too, i.e. pistons, etc, could be done. It's just whether you have the means to do it and want to spend that much time on it. Suppose it would be useful for, say, building a GRM Challenge car...

However, I'm willing to bet that anyone who thinks you'll get a half-decent S/C for 500 bucks severly lacks the skill to make one.

Takumi Fujiwara
Well, for what it's worth, I imagine you could build an S/C compressor for a couple hundred bucks or less, provided you had access to a full machine shop and the skills to do it. When it comes down to it, it's just a bunch of metal, you could machine it all if you really wanted to, especially with a CNC rig. I suppose the rest, too, i.e. pistons, etc, could be done. It's just whether you have the means to do it and want to spend that much time on it. Suppose it would be useful for, say, building a GRM Challenge car...

However, I'm willing to bet that anyone who thinks you'll get a half-decent S/C for 500 bucks severly lacks the skill to make one.

I think you could build a supercharger for a couple hundred bucks if materials were the only cost you factored in. The time you spent on it and the cost of the time on each machine would cost quite a good sum. Then you'd have a charger that was horridly developed and may not work at all.

Actually T-6 aluminium is quite expensive, not to mention the stainless steel you would need. I would say 500 bucks for some basic materials.

and thats why many are happy to spend thousands on them, youre not just getting a S/C, you're getting weeks/months/(years?) of research and development and engineering to get a quality product that should work and be problem free. You dont want to have to do troubleshooting and problemsolving when you're installing it on your personal vehicle.

so to get back on topic....
g-onesheet.gif

yeah....good work detectives....so what are you doing? buying blocks of metal? well the people I saw do it bought broken superchargers from junkyards--then they repaired broken parts & put working parts<--> swapped stuff around fixed it up & made it work---they didnt carve them out of stone----good thinking though guys
💡
So, is this a forum about sleepers or is it about you guys not being able to build a supercharger yourself? I bet if we get enough people to comment, we can find thousands of people who can't build a supercharger

LeadSlead#2
yeah....good work detectives....so what are you doing? buying blocks of metal? well the people I saw do it bought broken superchargers from junkyards--then they repaired broken parts & put working parts<--> swapped stuff around fixed it up & made it work---they didnt carve them out of stone----good thinking though guys

That's not building a supercharger, thats RE-building a supercharger...smart one 👍

Really.

LeadSlead#2
hey guys, think first--speak second 1st off if your good, you can build your own supercharger--from scratch.

You were the one that said it could be done, and no one here is claiming that they can do it themselves so I dont quite get why we are dumb for discussing the logistics or expenses of it....

actually, when you buy 5 & tear them all apart--- & piece them together, I Believe that would be building one -- smart one unless little kids re-build legos,--do they?

LeadSlead#2
actually, when you buy 5 & tear them all apart--- & piece them together, I Believe that would be building one -- smart one unless little kids re-build legos,--do they?
only if they are broken ;)

To build something is to make it from scratch, to re-build something is to take exsisting parts and make something. But enough of this.

Anyways another great sleeper vehicle would have to be the Typhoon/Syclone duo. Like I always say they are the Skylines of the truck world.

LeadSlead#2
💡
So, is this a forum about sleepers or is it about you guys not being able to build a supercharger yourself? I bet if we get enough people to comment, we can find thousands of people who can't build a supercharger

Is this possible.? Like getting a kompressor off a merc or a s/c off a jaguar and say fitting one to a toyota 1.8vvti?

Young_Warrior
Is this possible.? Like getting a kompressor off a merc or a s/c off a jaguar and say fitting one to a toyota 1.8vvti?

No all the mountings would be different. Don't even try it because you will f up your car.

I'd love to chat about SLEEPERS--but my mom's baking cookies from scratch---& I was recently informed that you can't buy stuff for that---so we're gonna pick wheat out of a field to get flour, since we can't buy it (it wouldnt be from scratch then would it?) I dont know how we're gonna process cocoa---oh well

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha<--really enjoying this
I'm sorry guys that was wrong of me--I'm disgusted with myself :yuck:

Young_Warrior
It's doable alright.. Not easy, but doable...

LeadSlead#2
I'd love to chat about SLEEPERS--but my mom's baking cookies from scratch---& I was recently informed that you can't buy stuff for that---so we're gonna pick wheat out of a field to get flour, since we can't buy it (it wouldnt be from scratch then would it?) I dont know how we're gonna process cocoa---oh well
If she's gonna bake cookies from scratch - "First you make a universe"....

BlazinXtreme
Anyways another great sleeper vehicle would have to be the Typhoon/Syclone duo. Like I always say they are the Skylines of the truck world.

True there. There is a GMC Syclone in my area that has been made to look like a regular old 4-cylinder GMC S-15. Very fast little truck...

are they telling you to stick it in your engine like gas? or in your radiator or intercooler?
im sure it can work, but I wouldnt just go injecting it like gasoline without making D@m^ sure 1st

LeadSlead#2

My dad took apart 3 Studebaker Champs to build the one we have now... did he build the car from scratch?

Back