The General Airplane Thread

• Thread starter Crash
  • 2,744 comments
Aren't we just spoiled with all these options these days? I mean, the workload isn't that heavy when you have to throttle yourself I assume?
Well, even flying this aircraft on a simulator is a hassle. You change throttle and monitor by the fuel flow (pounds per hour) and any sort of wind adjustment affects such a light aircraft...

Still, it's a good plane and has exceptional range.

Just got around to watching the 360 Blue Angels video. I'm so glad they were kind enough to record and share their performance in such an incredible way. I felt like I was flying with them! Hopefully, more videos like that will come up in the future.

It's a Mitsi!
2730916.jpg

An interesting way to scrap an airplane? Or just the dumbest excuse to charge more for a gift card? You decide...

For those who can't access eBay: Delta wants $250 for a $50 "limited edition" gift card made out of a scrapped DC-9.

a23881e3235d7247fde0374923566d93f15ee158-555x484.png

That said, I flew on N401EA once.

I can't wait for another competitor in the field, although hopefully it won't be as snug as the CRJs. It still might be a decade until we see them in America, and Embraer has their similar form-factor commercial narrow-body jet in the works, as well.

I kind of doubt this will open up the US domestic market much, since it's a tough, risky, and hugely expensive market to crack into (never mind the pre-existing protectionist racket afforded to the major players). Even though the regional airlines flock to their smaller jets, they can't fly 100-seaters due to contracts...unless the airlines want out of certain less-profitable markets.

Last edited:
A large jet just flew over my house, and I'm fairly certain it was a C-17. I only saw the anti-collision lights, since it's nighttime. I could see clouds because the moon was shining to the south west. The jet was traveling north west.

I believe it was a C-17 for several reasons:
1: I see one over my town every few weeks
2: They are typically flying at roughly 1,000 to 2,000 feet. That's how low this one was.
3: The large distance between the anti-collision lights
4: The paint. The C-17 uses a dark, matte gray paint, which helps to conceal it at night. I could barely see the one that just went over.
5: It was traveling in the same direction C-17s fly towards McGuire AFB, and fly away from.

If it turns out that was another C-17, I have to say that paint must really help in combat when the enemy can't see it.

A large jet just flew over my house, and I'm fairly certain it was a C-17. I only saw the anti-collision lights, since it's nighttime. I could see clouds because the moon was shining to the south west. The jet was traveling north west.

I believe it was a C-17 for several reasons:
1: I see one over my town every few weeks
2: They are typically flying at roughly 1,000 to 2,000 feet. That's how low this one was.
3: The large distance between the anti-collision lights
4: The paint. The C-17 uses a dark, matte gray paint, which helps to conceal it at night. I could barely see the one that just went over.
5: It was traveling in the same direction C-17s fly towards McGuire AFB, and fly away from.

If it turns out that was another C-17, I have to say that paint must really help in combat when the enemy can't see it.
If my house was positioned 180 degrees the opposite way, I could see almost all traffic departing Atlanta to the west..

Did you not watch with sound? It's actually no different than a standard RC electric engine. Seems like it would produce enough thrust too for RC planes.

I did, but some camera microphones pick up sound differently.

Back