The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Unless I read it incorrectly, the House and Senate will not meet again until the 20th. If that's the case, the 25th amendment is off the table, the outgoing president essentially was told "no, no, no", and elected officials are giving off the vibe that yesterday was "not a big deal".

Unless I read it incorrectly, the House and Senate will not meet again until the 20th. If that's the case, the 25th amendment is off the table, the outgoing president essentially was told "no, no, no", and elected officials are giving off the vibe that yesterday was "not a big deal".

They can return for an emergency session if need be. I doubt the 25th will happen, but there could be a vote to censure Trump. Congress did it to rambling madman Joseph McCarthy back in the 50s. It wouldn't really do anything, but it would at least send a message.

I doubt Trump is out of the wood yet though, depending on how the new Attorney General wants to act, Trump very well could be indicted.

They weren't smart enough to bring an Antifa flag either, so the frat boy rioters won't understand if they are thrown in jail and will scream obscenities about their freedom of something.

Part of me hopes it does, but part of me hopes it doesn't since Trump will almost invariably incriminate himself over and over again on Twitter for the world to see.
I want to see him throw a tantrum over the action taken against him. His last tweet was 21 hours ago.

This seemed more important than to just put in the meme thread.

ePDr1tc.jpg

Speaking of flag...
This must be the "false flag" operation Trumpies are whining about online.

Here's what Ashli Babbitt who was shot and killed attempting to storm the Capitol building tweeted the day before the protests.

There's footage online of her shooting but I don't want to post that here. However the cops and rentacops defending the building appeared to be overwhelmingly outnumbered. Those righties that are calling for the guard who shot Babbitt to be put on trial for murder before the results of the inquest are known are demanding special treatment for their loony com-"patriots".

They're happy to draw a false equivalence between people the cops shoot or choke to death in the street and members of a violent and angry mob intent on overthrowing the government because they didn't like how the election turned out.

Those righties that are calling for the guard who shot Babbitt to be put on trial for murder before the results of the inquest are known are demanding special treatment for their loony com-"patriots

Oh how the turntables have turned. I wonder how they feel about the officers that killed any number of unarmed citizens over the summer?

===

Also, Sec. Elaine Chao (Mitch McConnell's wife) has resigned as Transportation Secretary.

Bill Barr says that Trump has betrayed his oath of office.

Bill Barr.
So, like. I'm trying to wrap my head around all this.

Bill Barr has betrayed his oath of office. Surely the FBI has evidence we're not aware of but we're all fairly convinced Barr is complicit in all of Trump's efforts, including block the execution of law which fits the definition of sedition, insurrection, etc.

Yet he has the balls to speak out against Trump?

Several politicians have done the exact same thing as well. Too little too late y'all, you can't commit crimes against the US and then cover your ass in the eleventh hour like you never realized Trump would take it this far. You're grown adults, surely you've read a history book, you know what's about to happen. Something ugly has been brewing for years, and for at least the past year it has been a plainly obvious soft coup, and since November it has been outright treachery plastered on the wall for all to see.

I'm sure it won't happen but if I were in Biden's position the politics would have to go by the wayside and I'd adopt a scorched earth policy on anybody associated with Trump. Right to jail, right away.

Edit: What's with these cabinet resignations? You literally only have to work for two more weeks you bunch of goose turds. You need to be getting your affairs in order to hand the reigns to Biden's people, not merely quitting. Where is your StReNgTh?! I don't understand this idea of resigning, particularly in a time when you're the only one left to keep the government operating. The person nominated in your place will obviously be a plant - at least sacrifice yourself for a few more weeks to prevent that.

Last edited:
I may have missed this due to taking time off to sleep ... but were any of the rioters armed? If not, this seems something of an oddity, given that there were armed protestors present at numerous other events before the election - like around the Michigan legislature. Clearly, people in the Capitol did fear for their lives, but the really frightening thing would have been a few crazed rioters among the crowd with firearms, shooting & killing members of Congress.

but were any of the rioters armed?

Some news outlets are reporting that 6 weapons have been recovered from the capitol building.

KTLA in Los Angeles is but I as a European user cannot access the news story.

Last edited:
Back