The GTP Unofficial 2020 US Elections Thread

GTPlanet Exit Poll - Which Presidential Ticket Did You Vote For?

• Trump/Pence

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Biden/Harris

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • Jorgensen/Cohen

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • Hawkins/Walker

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • La Riva/Freeman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • De La Fuente/Richardson

• Blankenship/Mohr

• Carroll/Patel

• Simmons/Roze

• Charles/Wallace

• Other

Votes: 15 25.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Worthless mother****er completely beholden to its bronzer daddy. Absolute ****ing garbage.

Hey Kevin, suck on deez
Suck It Deez Nuts GIF by Barstool Sports

McCarthy's statement from earlier today sort of sums up that the reactions we saw from GOP members on that day were from people taken aback and scared. They decided that it is better to forget the event ever happened and will probably try to make sure all of those videos are erased.

Watching the Jan 6th committee presentation it just strikes me that it makes no difference what information or evidence is put forward - those who somehow continue to believe in Donald Trump are beyond the reach of reason. That's where we are.
Unfortunately the very qualities that make some people the kind who can be fooled all of the time are the very same ones which make it difficult to convince them of this fact, or many others.

Watching the Jan 6th committee presentation it just strikes me that it makes no difference what information or evidence is put forward - those who somehow continue to believe in Donald Trump are beyond the reach of reason. That's where we are.
It's because the Republicans are really, really good at spinning stuff for their base and the Democrats are too cowardly to actually do something. If the Democrats removed the filibuster, they could absolutely ram through legislation regarding Jan 6th, but they won't. Instead, the Democrats are going to twiddle their thumbs, let the Republicans regain control later this year, and then proceed to complain about it.

It's because the Republicans are really, really good at spinning stuff for their base and the Democrats are too cowardly to actually do something. If the Democrats removed the filibuster, they could absolutely ram through legislation regarding Jan 6th, but they won't. Instead, the Democrats are going to twiddle their thumbs, let the Republicans regain control later this year, and then proceed to complain about it.
And if the Republicans get full control, THEY will remove the filibuster.

You say "democrats" you mean Sinema and Manchin. Are you saying they're cowardly? I think they're doing exactly what they want.

You say "democrats" you mean Sinema and Manchin. Are you saying they're cowardly? I think they're doing exactly what they want.
Ya, Sinema and Manchin are a bit odd. I'm not sure what their end game is and I'm surprised they still consider themselves as part of the Democrat Party instead of just flipping to Independent or whatever. Don't get me wrong, I wish more politicians would forgo just voting along party lines and have an actual discussion regarding whatever policy is being put into place. I know that won't happen though.

But I do mean Democrats as a whole are a cowardly party. While Sinema and Manchin won't vote along party lines every time, at least not without getting something in return, they do vote along those lines some of the time and more so than any Republican likely would. If the Democrats were to remove the filibuster, they could enact legislation that would likely curb a repeat of January 6th or, at least snuff it out before it becomes a thing. They could also push through voting reform to prevent the Republicans from completely dismantling the democratic process when they take control. Democrats could also do things like enact gun control legislation and codify abortion rights. They won't do it though.

As @Blitz24 pointed out, the Republicans will very likely remove the filibuster when they take control and they will ram through whatever legislation they want. Democrats would have to be naive to think that the Republicans will play nice and keep the filibuster in place. I just don't see a scenario where that works and it will almost certainly mean damage to the country as a whole. There might be short-term positive gains, but the long game will be brutal.

If Biden wasn't just doing whatever the hell Biden is doing, he'd crack down on the party and get them doing something. While I get he thinks he knows how Congress works, from the outside it looks like he's putting way too much trust in politicians that supported an attempted coup of the US government. Unfortunately, this is what happens when you run a candidate that has their main selling point as "I'm not the other guy". I mean, fair play, Biden isn't Trump which is good but overall he's a pretty weak leader during a time when the country needs a strong leader to get us through a helluva rough patch. I know the president doesn't have much to do with inflation, gas prices, etc. but right or wrong, they shoulder the blame for it.

If the Democrats were to remove the filibuster, they could enact legislation that would likely...
If Biden wasn't just doing whatever the hell Biden is doing, he'd crack down on the party and get them doing something...
Simply put, without manchin and sinema, nothing happens. And they simply aren't on board. Nobody is lacking courage. The will is lacking. Specifically, the will of Sinema and Manchin. The remainder of the democrats are on board. I don't know what you think Biden or Schumer or whoever can do about that, but they can't.

Last edited:
Simply put, without manchin and sinema, nothing happens. And they simply aren't on board. Nobody is lacking courage. The will is lacking. Specifically, the will of Sinema and Manchin. The remainder of the democrats are on board. I don't know what you think Biden or Schumer or whoever can do about that, but they can't.
As the de facto leader of the DNC, it's Biden's job to get them on board. But I don't think Biden is on board with it either and it's like he can't see the forest for the trees. Yes, removing the filibuster will have consequences but it's almost certain the Republicans will remove it when they gain control. As it stands right now, the Democrats are effectively resigned to doing very little during the 117th Congress because the Republicans will almost certainly follow party lines and the Democrats don't have the numbers.

If the Democrats could codify abortion laws, move the needle on gun control, or do something regarding voting rights it would go a long way in helping them remain in control of Congress come January.

As the de facto leader of the DNC, it's Biden's job to get them on board. But I don't think Biden is on board with it either and it's like he can't see the forest for the trees.
He came out on board with it in the form of requiring a literal standing filibuster. He's on board with it, but two senators aren't, and they're dead set against moving because they're both heavily entrenched in republican support and money. They're essentially not part of the DNC, so the DNC is not going to get them on board with anything.
Yes, removing the filibuster will have consequences but it's almost certain the Republicans will remove it when they gain control.
And it seems that most democrats except for two of them, understand that.
As it stands right now, the Democrats are effectively resigned to doing very little during the 117th Congress because the Republicans will almost certainly follow party lines and the Democrats don't have the numbers.
Because of two members, yes.
If the Democrats could codify abortion laws, move the needle on gun control, or do something regarding voting rights it would go a long way in helping them remain in control of Congress come January.
There are two members who do not care. West Virginia is not going to re-elect Manchin to codify abortion laws. Manchin officially did not support codifying roe.

Edit:

The reality is that Manchin is actually opposed to many of the the things you're talking about. He can hide behind the filibuster while it exists, and so he does. I'm sure he would be willing to suspend the filibuster if he really wanted to see a particular piece of legislation go through. But he doesn't. So he pretends and says "bipartisan" etc. etc. instead of saying "I won't vote for this".

The democrats don't have 51 democrat votes in the senate.

Last edited:
Someone let Elon know he can still save TruthSocial if Twitter doesn't work out.
The irony is rich: Truth Social, Donald Trump’s Twitter copycat claiming it is “free from political discrimination,” has reportedly banned users who posted information from Thursday’s congressional hearing on the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol — in which the former president is a key focus.

That’s according to several posts on Twitter by users who claimed Truth Social was censoring them. Reps for Trump Media & Technology Group, which owns and operates Truth Social, did not respond to a request for comment.

Ryan Gosling Lol GIF

Last edited:
Looks like he shaved it anyway. He's selling $100 autographed pictures of himself with his foot propped up on Nancy Pelosi's desk. I wonder how that'll go down in court. Those federal prosecutors can be real biatdes sometimes.
Arkansas Democrat & Gazette
A grand jury indicted Barnett on seven charges in connection with the riot, including 18 U.S.C. 1752(a)(1) and (b)(1) (A), entering and remaining in a restricted building or grounds with a deadly or dangerous weapon, which carries a maximum sentence of 10 years in prison.

The weapon was a ZAP Hike N' Strike 950,000 Volt Stun Gun Walking Stick that Barnett purchased at Bass Pro Shops in Rogers on Dec. 31, according to court filings.

Barnett's attorneys argue it wasn't a dangerous weapon because it had no batteries in it during the Capitol breach. Based on court filings, investigators have yet to recover the stun gun or the cellphone Barnett had with him at the Capitol.

Barnett also took an envelope from Pelosi's office and left a scrawled note for her. Federal prosecutors said the note read, "Nancy, Bigo was here, you b---h."

Barnett's attorneys argued that the note actually read, "Nancy, Bigo was here, biatd." The last word was meant to be "biatch," but the c and the h ran together, they said in a court filing in which they argued that "biatch" is slang and a less offensive word.

Last edited:
Looks like he shaved it anyway. He's selling $100 autographed pictures of himself with his foot propped up on Nancy Pelosi's desk. I wonder how that'll go down in court. Those federal prosecutors can be real biatdes sometimes.
Well, if there's 1 thing to be impressed at with Conservatives, it's how easy it is to make a buck off the rest of them.

Last edited:
I know there hasn't been a ton of talk about the Jan. 6th hearings in here. I guess there's not a ton to say really, they're walking through in great detail a string of evidence that builds an unyielding picture that we're all already aware of - that the former president attempted a coup on Jan. 6th. It was a big concern leading up to November 2020, and leading up to the transition. Trump himself even famously wouldn't answer the question of whether there would be a peaceful transfer of power, opting instead to insist that there wouldn't be a transfer. I think we all knew it was going to get ugly, and stupid, and it did.

I would dearly love to see the people involved in that coup, including Trump, removed from society. But even if that doesn't happen to all of them (it has happened to some)...

I'm very happy to see the commission laying out the case painstakingly, undeniably, and in public. They're basically delivering for the history books right now, the official facts about what happened on Jan. 6th, and writing a particularly weird chapter in American history. I fully believe that the events they're detailing right now are, and will be, how it is remembered officially. Maybe not by my parents, or others who were fooled, but by, generally, the world and posterity. It's an important job, and it will cast, in sharp relief, the self-serving damage that congress did to the country in failing to convict Trump, twice, when it was so clear that they needed to. We are all lucky that we haven't paid more for that transgression than we have at this point.

Last edited:
I know there hasn't been a ton of talk about the Jan. 6th hearings in here. I guess there's not a ton to say really, they're walking through in great detail a string of evidence that builds an unyielding picture that we're all already aware of - that the former president attempted a coup on Jan. 6th. It was a big concern leading up to November 2020, and leading up to the transition. Trump himself even famously wouldn't answer the question of whether there would be a peaceful transfer of power, opting instead to insist that there wouldn't be a transfer. I think we all knew it was going to get ugly, and stupid, and it did.

I would dearly love to see the people involved in that coup, including Trump, removed from society. But even if that doesn't happen to all of them (it has happened to some)...

I'm very happy to see the commission laying out the case painstakingly, undeniably, and in public. They're basically delivering for the history books right now, the official facts about what happened on Jan. 6th, and writing a particularly weird chapter in American history. I fully believe that the events they're detailing right now are, and will be, how it is remembered officially. Maybe not by my parents, or others who were fooled, but by, generally, the world and posterity. It's an important job, and it will cast, in sharp relief, the self-serving damage that congress did to the country in failing to convict Trump, twice, when it was so clear that they needed to. We are all lucky that we haven't paid more for that transgression than we have at this point.
It's actually extremely depressing. My family initially felt that Trump went too far in his statements, but now they believe that there was "nothing wrong" with Jan 6th and are using "whataboutisms" to compare it to the protests after George Floyd. They also believe Anti-fa was amongst the crowd on 1/6 (again, possible but no proof) and that the protests destroying property and businesses were worse (both are bad, but only one of them was spurred by an individual who couldn't accept losing).

Oops.

This is precisely why the piece of **** mother****ers have been pushing so hard against the Select Committee, which is only a Select Committee because the piece of **** mother****ers pushed so hard against more visibly even-handed efforts to find the truth of the day and the events leading up to it.

Absolute ****ing garbage from the ****ing top and all the ****ing way down.

Last edited:
It's actually extremely depressing. My family initially felt that Trump went too far in his statements, but now they believe that there was "nothing wrong" with Jan 6th and are using "whataboutisms" to compare it to the protests after George Floyd. They also believe Anti-fa was amongst the crowd on 1/6 (again, possible but no proof) and that the protests destroying property and businesses were worse (both are bad, but only one of them was spurred by an individual who couldn't accept losing).
Same. I feel like I'm watching the most powerful country on Earth teeter on the brink of fascism in the most excruciating slow-motion.

Loudermilk: "I didn't lead a Capitol tour on January 5th and anyone who says I did is a liar!"

Also Loudermilk: "No see the guy in the security camera footage of the Capitol tour I gave on January 5th was taking pictures of the trains and a sconce."

I don't particularly care for Omar or any of the firebrand "Squad," but she makes a really good point here.

Absolute ****ing garbage.

Last edited:

Isn't there a chance the books could get banned?

DK
Same. I feel like I'm watching the most powerful country on Earth teeter on the brink of fascism in the most excruciating slow-motion.
The US political system is deeply flawed. It's not some perfect expression of rationality & enlightenment, as many Americans have been taught to believe. Of course, other "democratic" countries political systems are also deeply flawed. The problem with the US is that a) it's the most powerful country on Earth and b) it's smothered under the giant weight of its own self delusion & hubris.

I think those in on the start of the Information Age revolution expected it to lead to a new era of knowledge & understanding. Instead it seems to have led to the popularization of more extreme and irrational thinking that has made the survival prospects of civil society more fragile than ever.

Last edited:
The US political system is deeply flawed. It's not some perfect expression of rationality & enlightenment, as many Americans have been taught to believe. Of course, other "democratic" countries political systems are also deeply flawed. The problem with the US is that a) it's the most powerful country on Earth and b) it's smothered under the giant weight of its own self delusion & hubris.

I think those in on the start of the Information Age revolution expected it to lead to a new era of knowledge & understanding. Instead it seems to have led to the popularization of more extreme and irrational thinking that has made the survival prospects of civil society more fragile than ever.
The US was almost destroyed during the civil war*, and in many ways we're still seeing the cracks from that event in the issues that we're dealing with today. But Trump is our version of Hitler, a widely popular authoritarian who is a bit of an idiot-whisperer. He has done enormous damage to what were absolutely solid foundations when he arrived - democracy and free speech especially. So far, the nation has endured. If we can keep the authoritarians at bay, the US will have withstood a massive test.

It is, by the way, a test that the country was founded to fight. And so many years later, those protections are not holding up as well as I think they were expected to.

DK
You are.

*Some would say that the US was indeed destroyed during the civil war and reborn as something new.

Last edited:
Back