The war on ISIS.

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 3,128 comments
Only one way to prevent their doomsday wet dream, and that's to wipe these nutjobs out. Big surprise it will be when they meet our maker only to receive a one way ticket to hell because of their atrocities.
And what about the people who will rush to fill the void when they're gone, either because they see those people as martyrs or because they are angry at the way they were "wiped out"?

It's a short-term solution that creates long-term complications.

And what about the people who will rush to fill the void when they're gone, either because they see those people as martyrs or because they are angry at the way they were "wiped out"?

It's a short-term solution that creates long-term complications.
There's no other way really, what would you do try to sensibilize them and end up with your head chopped off? These people have one reason and no one will influence that.

It seems that the raids in other countries are working for us Dutchies. Several radicals have fled our country and at least 4 of them have been arrested in Turkey trying to get into Syria.

There's no other way really, what would you do try to sensibilize them and end up with your head chopped off?
I would try and prevent them from becoming radicalised in the first place. ISIL works like a street gang - their recruiters are looking for a very particular type of person to join them, usually younger males who are headstrong and impressionable, who feel that they are being marginalised by the wider community. They then offer those people a version of what they are looking for and package it as a noble, heroic endeavour.

People don't just become radicalised overnight. It takes time, and it needs some conditions to be met, and these vary from person to person. But if we can intervene early, address their problems and make them feel as if they are accepted by and they can contribute to society, we can prevent them from becoming radicalised.

I once had an Australian History class with a group of boys from Afghanistan who were clearly bored and had no problems showing it. The content didn't just disinterest them; it had no relevance to them. They didn't care for the progressive policies of Governor Macquarie or the Eureka Stockade. So I told them about The Ghan railway, which crosses the country. It's named for the Afghan camel drivers who kept the early colonies alive, running supplies between Darwin and Adelaide. Without them, the colonies would have almost certainly collapsed. Now, I don't think for a second that I prevented a group of boys from becoming radicalised; this was years before the world had heard of ISIL. But I did notice a visible change in some of them, who started sitting upright and giving me their attention, at least for twenty minutes.

Lots and lots of hugs and kisses. And tea.
More than that. Top-notch education, housing, food, jobs, dignity and respect should be easily available if not immediately bestowed upon every citizen and immigrant - especially upon 2nd generation immigrants.

More than that. Top-notch education, housing, food, jobs, dignity and respect should be easily available if not immediately bestowed upon every citizen and immigrant - especially upon 2nd generation immigrants.

I wonder how all those immigrants who did manage to be a normal part of our society made it happen.

Magic?

I wonder how all those immigrants who did manage to be a normal part of our society made it happen.

I would like to think they did it as the only practical alternative to the world they were fleeing. But there is this puzzling tendency for 2nd generation immigrants to rebel against their parents (and their ethic of assimilation) for screwing up the old world left behind. The way we treat (or mistreat but allowing unemployment and poverty) the 2nd generation is of mission-critical importance.

Last edited:
Are you saying they are denied the same education as the rest of the country? That they are homeless and without food?

Your post is golden dude.
Salzstreuer-b.jpg

Are you saying they are denied the same education as the rest of the country? That they are homeless and without food?
No, I'm saying a proactive, affirmative action-style, no-expense-too-great effort should be made to give the best our culture has to offer to 2nd generation immigrants.

No, I'm saying a proactive, affirmative action-style, no-expense-too-great effort should be made to give the best our culture has to offer to 2nd generation immigrants.
And what does this mean in practical terms?

So, positive discrimination.

Distasteful to some of us citizens and voters, I'm sure. But the establishment which decreed our fate with multicultural immigration has made affirmative actions necessary in order to ensure the success of their own plan. Otherwise, the establishment is insane.

An immediate, high paying, full-time job.

Distasteful to some of us citizens and voters, I'm sure. But the establishment which decreed our fate with multicultural immigration has made affirmative actions necessary in order to ensure the success of their own plan. Otherwise, the establishment is insane.
I say take it a step further. Let's legislate that everyone, regardless of who they are, gets a high paying full time job immediately when they are 16 if they wish, regardless of education or ability. Goodbye ghettos, goodbye poverty, goodbye social unrest.

Why didn't we think of this sooner?!?! :cheers:

/thread

I say take it a step further. Let's legislate that everyone, regardless of who they are, gets a high paying full time job immediately when they are 16 if they wish, regardless of education or ability. Goodbye ghettos, goodbye poverty, goodbye social unrest.

/thread
Hello humanity ending incompetence! Although we're not too far off anyway...

/thread

Agreed. The trouble is, there are angry, unemployed young men the world over.

Just how, exactly, would you do that? I know you've mentioned this on several occasions, but I'm not sure how one would go about it.
You do it the same way you handle a street gang. Identify people who are at risk of radicalisation. Show an interest in their attitudes and their values. Convince them that they are valued by society and that they can contribute. Get them involved in the decision-making process at a local level, and show them that they can make a lasting impact.

And stop treating terrorists as terrorists. Treat them for what they are - criminals. "Terrorism" has, in a twisted way, a certain romance to it that the likes of ISIL exploit. What the West depicts as "terrorism", they present as heroism and nobility. But it's much harder for them to glorify criminal activity.

But we also need governments to play along. If they want to pass anti-terror legislation, that's fine - but they need to consult with the community as part of the process, rather than introduce the laws and then make a show of reassuring a handful of community leaders that the laws will only be used for Good. Likewise, the media need to stop conditioning us to be afraid of Muslims.

IS wants 200 million Dollar for the 2 Japanese hostages otherwise they will be beheaded.

IS wants 200 million Dollar for the 2 Japanese hostages otherwise they will be beheaded.
Well, they donated $100 million to the coalition to defeat IS.

The US disapproves of anybody paying ransom to terrorists. But sometimes they do it anyway.

Islamic State slaughtered 13 Mosul boys for Watching a soccer match on TV.

Apparently, if ISIS doesn't think that you were watching wholesome Islamic State propaganda (my words), it's a death penalty. Thankfully, the boys didn't really suffer compared to their more brutal means of execution and were merely shot by firing squad. Their bodies afterwards were left in the street as the family feared execution themselves if they tried to recover them.

The game in question was an Asian Cup match between Iraq and Jordan.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/201...-one-of-its-oppressive-religious-laws-report/

Back