The war on ISIS.

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 3,128 comments
Yeah screws up the videos a bit, can't they say something original for once :D
But like @Carlos mentions, they are probably praising god as they don't know where the bombs will land. Must be scary and impressive at the same time.

Can anyone tell me why moderate and not any Islamist rebels bombed by the evil Russians yell "Allahu Akbar" every 5 seconds on the videos?
Every 5 seconds? You must be watching in slow motion:sly:

Yeah screws up the videos a bit, can't they say something original for once :D
But like @Carlos mentions, they are probably praising god as they don't know where the bombs will land. Must be scary and impressive at the same time.
I'd sure like to see someone, just once, say something like, "Man I'd really like a cheeseburger right about now":D

It is true that, with every passing day, we draw closer to the Second Coming of Christ (James 5:8). And the prophecy of Isaiah 17:1 has yet to be fulfilled: “A prophecy against Damascus: ‘See, Damascus will no longer be a city but will become a heap of ruins.’” Damascus, the capital of Syria, has a longstanding reputation for being the oldest continuously occupied city in the world. It has never been without citizens or totally destroyed. But Isaiah’s prophecy still stands; there is coming a day when Damascus will be nothing but a “heap of ruins.” The current war in Syria could indeed be one of the events leading up to the capital’s destruction.

In 700 BC, Isaiah wrote of the demise of Damascus. Today, 2,700 years later, many believe that we are close to seeing that long-standing prophecy fulfilled. However chaotic the events on the world stage appear, we know that all things are working toward the fulfillment of God’s Word.

gotquestions.org

Further to that... I knew I'd seen it before somewhere, that video is from about 2 years ago when Assad restarted his war crimes against the "rebels", little to do with the thread topic.
Oh my G-d, he was bombing the innocent moderate rebels who just slit throats, but don't behead people like ISIS, and carry different flags. What a terrible war crime!

Oh my G-d, he was bombing the innocent moderate rebels who just slit throats, but don't behead people like ISIS, and carry different flags. What a terrible war crime!

I see you have your view just as I have mine :D

Nonetheless it's a nasty, nasty war and has been for some time. National governments should, however, be above the kind of tactics that the rebels can also employ. Clearly in Syria the government isn't showing any kind of honour. The reason that many countries are nervous about the current Russian operations is that they seem to be undertaking anti-rebel fire missions for Assad along with the odd pop at ISIS.

I see you have your view just as I have mine :D

Nonetheless it's a nasty, nasty war and has been for some time. National governments should, however, be above the kind of tactics that the rebels can also employ. Clearly in Syria the government isn't showing any kind of honour. The reason that many countries are nervous about the current Russian operations is that they seem to be undertaking anti-rebel fire missions for Assad along with the odd pop at ISIS.

But if we let the west do its thing, I'm not sure it'll be any better with Assad gone.. I just don't trust those rebels, whoever side they are on. Even Blackwater made a mess of their operations, they too operated like animals. It looks like we are too stubborn to accept Assad (I can see why ;) ) but we don't take the initiative either.

Further to that... I knew I'd seen it before somewhere, that video is from about 2 years ago when Assad restarted his war crimes against the "rebels", little to do with the thread topic.
Did Assad start the war?? No, he did not.

My information is that then US ambassador to Syria, Robert Stephen Ford, travelled around Syria encouraging rebellion against the Syrian government.

How would you feel if the ambassador to your sovereign UK from a powerful foreign country like the US, Russia or China, travelled about the UK encouraging discontent and violent rebellion against the UK government?

Once you start a precipitous action like rebellion and war, it takes a life of its own, out of your control. You play with, you get burned.

How would you feel if the ambassador to your sovereign UK from a powerful foreign country like the US, Russia or China, travelled about the UK encouraging discontent and violent rebellion against the UK government?

Again, this has little to do with the thread topic... and the US has US elements have indeed done the same thing in the UK including financing the rebels. As I recall it was looked down on, to say the least.

That doesn't change my point that the actions of national governments in war should be of a certain internationally-agreed standard. That may never be fully police-able with boots-on-the-ground but it should at least appear to be an aim of each government.

Last edited:
Putin states that Assad is willing to talk with certain groups of rebels to team up against IS.

This could be a start. If they can fight together, I'm sure they can talk together when the fighting is done, and maybe, just maybe bring back some relative peace to Syria, and possibly Iraq.

The reason that many countries are nervous about the current Russian operations is that they seem to be undertaking anti-rebel fire missions for Assad along with the odd pop at ISIS

That would seem to be a logical step in reinforcing the incumbent government.

Regime change - toppling incumbent governments - has been a fun social engineering hobby for the US and western European elite for the past number of years. But now the thrill of victory is gone and the tolls of failure are coming due. Now the common citizens who elected politicians and paid taxes to support these wars and interventions are having a rethink. And that worries the elite who still insist on having their cake and eating it too.

Regime change - toppling incumbent governments - has been a fun social engineering hobby for the US and western European elite

I mentioned in a previous post that the British public wouldn't vote for any war if there was a referendum. And how much does any member of the public of any western country actually care if another country has a democracy in favour of a regime anyway? The extreme left perhaps care a lot. But then they are anti-war, so best to leave it be. Maybe those that are gun owners and just love the thrill of shooting stuff?

You're not alone...

Man, they need to get some drones up there to mark AA trucks and groups of people in real time, right before the jets arrive, so they can send some guided bombs right onto them.

Back