The war on ISIS.

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 3,128 comments
I see that as signs of them getting desperate. They probably have a hard time getting their bombs to explode at their designated target.

I see that as signs of them getting desperate. They probably have a hard time getting their bombs to explode at their designated target.

I guess they really are not as tough as they make themselves out to be... Either way I hope all these plans of theirs fail horribly.

Packing their explosives into the truck as they drive towards troops? Just makes for a bigger show when they get blown up. 8)

[/lightjoke]

Meanwhile in Russia:
11 ISIS-linked militants were eliminated by Spetsnaz forces in a forest of Kabardino-Balkaria Republic. No casualties to the task force or civilians.

Later, in the city of Nalchik (the capital of KBR), a car with 3 islamist gangsters was stopped by the police. When asked for documents, they tried to open fire, but were shot on site. This was seen by the local civilians, one of them recorded the shooting from his window (the video is not AUP-friendly so I'm not posting it, but I've seen it on the TV).

https://www.rt.com/news/323025-militants-killed-isis-gang/

The eliminated gang was said to have been recruiting Russian citizens to ISIS and taking them to Syria. Many guns and explosives were also found on them.

P.S. AKS-74U is patrolman's best friend. :D

Apparently Britain is to defend itself from terrorist threats with the formation of 'Rapid Strike Brigades'.... by 2025.

In other news, I heard China has declared war on ISIS...
And I thought I was having a bad week...

'Declared war' in an interesting term, especially in this day and age. It really means 'We can and will do whatever we want regardless of legality and the democratic will of the people who elected us' (which doesn't really apply in China anyway, but never mind). That said, I am quite glad to see that the entire UN security council are singing from the same hymn sheet on this and are all prepared to give these Islamist murderers/rapists a damn good hiding. Ironically, ISIS may just turn out to be the modern-day evil that brings together entire nations that otherwise are at odds with each other (and indeed within themselves).

You know there's an issue when even China are saying 'these guys just don't get human rights, do they?'

'Declared war' in an interesting term, especially in this day and age. It really means 'We can and will do whatever we want regardless of legality and the democratic will of the people who elected us' (which doesn't really apply in China anyway, but never mind). That said, I am quite glad to see that the entire UN security council are singing from the same hymn sheet on this and are all prepared to give these Islamist murderers/rapists a damn good hiding. Ironically, ISIS may just turn out to be the modern-day evil that brings together entire nations that otherwise are at odds with each other (and indeed within themselves).

You know there's an issue when even China are saying 'these guys just don't get human rights, do they?'

You know, I never thought about it that way. Imagine if ISIS do nothing but bring together countries, cultures and beliefs, who then wipe them out and the world enjoys a few decades of relative peace...

After a few reports (& some info from Shem) this year of China taking a strong stance against Islam in their country, I wouldn't be surprised if they start a few bombing runs of their own. From what I read last week, China considered an execution of a Chinese citizen & Norwegian the last straw.

Obvious target, but you're going to need to hit it with something pretty substantial to actually stop it.

Part of me is always impressed by the ingenuity applied to the problem of killing the most amount of people with the most basic of supplies.

I can only assume that you're not at all impressed by the level of commitment shown though.

I can only assume that you're not at all impressed by the level of commitment shown though.

I don't know that impressed is the right word, but it seems hard to fault the commitment of someone willing to sit on top of a big pile of explosives to achieve their goals. That's about as committed as it gets.

I disagree (rather strongly) with what they're fighting for, but I can still appreciate certain aspects of how they go about it. This isn't the 1940's where we must all hate the Japanese and the Hun and everything about them. One can appreciate a bit of clever backyard engineering without necessarily condoning what it's used for.

I don't know that impressed is the right word, but it seems hard to fault the commitment of someone willing to sit on top of a big pile of explosives to achieve their goals. That's about as committed as it gets.
You didn't spot it?

Isn't it getting a little close for comfort to the discussion of Kim Davis' commitment, where if one is doing wrong, the commitment doesn't count? Edit - and/or cannot be separated from the intent, for appraisal.

Last edited:
You didn't spot it?

Isn't it getting a little close for comfort to the discussion of Kim Davis' commitment, where if one is doing wrong, the commitment doesn't count? Edit - and/or cannot be separated from the intent, for appraisal.

Except that I wasn't talking about commitment or intent, I was expressing admiration for their ability to make a fairly functional weapon out of simple everyday items. Truck + plate steel + explosives = guided missile seems clever to me, although I despise what they're going to use it for.

You were the one who brought up commitment. I think you're fishing for things that I haven't said.

After several claimed incursions into Turkey's airspace they've shot a jet down. There's no word on the type or origin, logic says it must be Syrian or Russian. Looks like it could be an Su-24 Fencer.

@Rage Racer is probably the best expert who immediately comes to mind on this kind of topic...

EDIT: It was Russian, according to Moscow. Holy crap.

Turkey.PNG

Last edited:
Reports in the Aus rags that one of the pilots has been captured by "Syrian Rebels". Would not like to be him...

This isn't good. It is usual that some form of retaliation follows. Muscle flexing by the thugs while the true criminals watch and applaud.

Okay, what if the Russian planes did fly into Turkish airspace. What benefit has Turkey to shoot them down?

edit;
"A Russian Su-24 fighter has been shot down in Syria, the Russian Defense Ministry said, adding the plane hadn’t violated Turkish airspace and was flying at an altitude of 6,000 meters." -RT

So yeah.. Why does Turkey do this? They must know Russia isn't directly fighting against Turkey, at this moment.

The Turks probably have something to hide.
Something like oil out questionable source going their way.

Dumb move either way.

Edit.

Anonymous are now rickrolling IS on Twitter. :lol:

Last edited:
Some photos coming up of one pilot dead (not yet confirmed if it's really him), and the other is said (by Turks) to be captured by "Turkmen" rebels in Syria. Well, let's see how 'moderate' they are...

Erdogan said the plane has received about 10 warnings from the Turks. But, something tells me they wouldn't do so if it was a US jet... :rolleyes:

The crash site is currently being fought for, by the SAA and the rebels.
Putin is preparing his speech about the Su-24 crash.

The US and Turkey are NATO partners and the USA flies sorties from Incirlik in Turkey. So I guess you're right. :P
Yep... Obviously.
Clearly, Turkey does not want to cooperate with RF in fighting the islamists.

P.S. New round, anyone? :rolleyes:
ртв.png

The critical question is whether or not the jets have been in NATO airspace, surely? If they were in that airspace then the warnings that were issued were clear and appropriate. If that's what happened in this incident then the outcome is no surprise.

The critical question is whether or not the jets have been in NATO airspace, surely? If they were in that airspace then the warnings that were issued were clear and appropriate. If that's what happened in this incident then the outcome is no surprise.

CUkmFxhUsAAbtUa.jpg:large

I guess the Su-24 is the red line, seems like it crossed NATO airspace but in my eyes this does not justify to shoot (kill) them.

Back