The war on ISIS.

• Thread starter mister dog
  • 3,128 comments
Is it me, or are terrorists attacks coming faster and faster? That is a bit rhetorical. But damn, this is getting ridiculous. Every lithe day, it's something new.

There's a plane being hijacked from Egypt. They landed in Cyprus now, but the hostages are still in.
Reportedly there's an explosive belt on board.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...andria-to-cairo-hijacked-spokeswoman-imd0zb3x

Confusion from the authorities, the Cypriot President laughed it off ("always there's a woman involved!") and the Egyptians have retracted a statement they made earlier effectively implying that no statement was made.

Now they say the hijacker is one Seif Eldin Mustafa and that he is indeed making political demands.

EDIT: And it's over, hijacker arrested.

Last edited:
ISIS is preventing the 43 Christian families that still live in Raqqa from leaving the self-declared ISIS capital. This is an attempt to use them as human shields from the forces that are against ISIS (largely composed of US backed forces) from retaking the city. General movement of non-Muslims in ISIS controlled lands has been restricted since opposition forces have been retaking that land.

http://dailycaller.com/2016/03/31/isis-using-christians-as-human-shields-as-troops-encircle-capital/

It turns out that the ancient city of Palmyra was turned into a giant minefield by IS. So far there have been 3000 explosives found and detonated by the Syrian army. All explosives were rigged together, set to go off all at once, but for unknown reasons that didn't happen.

Yesterday, it was reported that ISIS took 300 cement workers hostage in the Syrian town of Dumeir, 25 miles outside of Damascus. (Source) CNN is quoting a local official who said that he heard witnesses say that ISIS loaded up 125 on buses and took them to ISIS controlled lands. (Source2)

Yesterday, it was reported that ISIS took 300 cement workers hostage in the Syrian town of Dumeir, 25 miles outside of Damascus. (Source) CNN is quoting a local official who said that he heard witnesses say that ISIS loaded up 125 on buses and took them to ISIS controlled lands. (Source2)
300 People have been freed.
20 people are still in hostage as they are from militia.
4 hostages were killed for being in a sect.
news

These fellows will now be dropping bombs on IS.

Boeing_B-52_dropping_bombs.jpg

Replacing the B1's, as they return home for maintenance.

Bring on the rolling thunder.

...And our "liberals" say the Russian warplanes are outdated junk. Haha :)

Granted, the BUFF is an old design. But they have been upgraded, are cost effective, and can carry 32,000kg of weapons. What more do you really need? ISIS will feel their fury.

Ken
Granted, the BUFF is an old design. But they have been upgraded, are cost effective, and can carry 32,000kg of weapons. What more do you really need? ISIS will feel their fury.
I know. I just mean, there are some people in Russia who say "look at this old junk, how can our army still fight with this? American planes are never old!"

But they're not well aware that you do not need Stealth technologies to fight degenerates like ISIS.

Looks like bombers evolve much slower than fighters, attackers and other smaller warbirds.
Perhaps strategic aviation just takes more money, resources and time to evolve.

I know. I just mean, there are some people in Russia who say "look at this old junk, how can our army still fight with this? American planes are never old!"

Whaat? I usually hear that Russian planes don't have any analogs and western tech can't compete with them. :D

Last edited:
Whaat? I usually hear that Russian planes don't have any analogs and western tech can't compete with them. :D
I mean those Russians who call themselves "liberals" and force that "vatnik" meme. ;)

"Don't have any analogs" (Не имеет аналогов в мире) (с) is another, opposite story by Kiselyov-TV.

By analogue they don't mean analogue displays, they mean equals :)

Yes.

I mean those Russians who call themselves "liberals" and force that "vatnik" meme. ;)

"Don't have any analogs" (Не имеет аналогов в мире) (с) is another, opposite story by Kiselyov-TV.

Too bad we don't have any "liberal" channels. "K-TV" is becoming quite annoying. :/
But wait, I admit, russian planes and some other mil-tec is pretty impressive. ^_^

Three suicide bombers blew themselves up near a police station in Stavropol, Russia. :D
Luckily, no policemen or civilians were hurt.

P.S. It was reported as "three suicide bombers" at first, but then they appear to be gunmen, two of which were killed in a firefight with the police, and one killed himself with a grenade.

Last edited:
Three suicide bombers blew themselves up near a police station in Stavropol, Russia.
Luckily, no humans were hurt. :D

P.S. It was first reported as "three suicide bombers" at first, but then they appear to be gunmen, two of which were killed in a firefight with the police, and one degenerate killed himself with a grenade.

Nice one. Nutjobs got their glorious death, nobody got hurt and there are 3 terrorists less to worry about. Win-win.

Three suicide bombers blew themselves up near a police station in Stavropol, Russia.
Luckily, no humans were hurt. :D

P.S. It was first reported as "three suicide bombers" at first, but then they appear to be gunmen, two of which were killed in a firefight with the police, and one degenerate killed himself with a grenade.

3 down, several thousand to go:tup:

Back