Things You Want To See In GT6 Besides Vehicles and Tracks

• Thread starter Earth
  • 5,059 comments
gamerdog6482
This would not be good for people like me who have a hard time with the license. I still can't beat IC-10.

I agree. I think experience points are the way to go.

I agree. I think experience points are the way to go.

But, the system could be, shall we say, refined. If we replace experience with something such as the reputation system detailed earlier in this thread, you can say instead of being this level to compete in the Indy 500 you would have to have your name known. Not everyone can compete in the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and certainly no one who goes by the name Gamerdog6482. No one would accept an alias, but that is another topic.

This would not be good for people like me who have a hard time with the license. I still can't beat IC-10.

As in completing it and getting the bronze?

Or completing it and getting the gold?

The license system still is my preferred route, and getting free cars for accomplishing them helps out when starting fresh.

As in completing it and getting the bronze?

Or completing it and getting the gold?

The license system still is my preferred route, and getting free cars for accomplishing them helps out when starting fresh.

As in completing it to get the bronze.

The way I see it is this:

The current way (XP) does not require any skills at all for you to advance in the game. For all I know, you might've grinded the Sunday Cup a million times to get to Level 40.

On the other hand, the GT1-GT4 way does require some skill. If you can't do a certain challenge, then it means you need to keep on practising if you want to advance in the game.

The current way (XP) does not require any skills at all for you to advance in the game. For all I know, you might've grinded the Sunday Cup a million times to get to Level 40.

On the other hand, the GT1-GT4 way does require some skill. If you can't do a certain challenge, then it means you need to keep on practising if you want to advance in the game.

Which means the game loses ALL appeal to casual gamers.
I completed the main GT4 the second time never racing a single race. How do you figure that shows I have skill?

I never count on someone else's level to know how good they are anyway. They are usually quite bad infact.

Which means the game loses ALL appeal to casual gamers.
Much like the COD games, where all you had to do to level up is to play. A lot. Generally, when I see a Level 70 Prestige 10, I don't think "wow, they must be good at the game," I think "wow, they sure spend a lot of time in MW2."
I completed the main GT4 the second time never racing a single race. How do you figure that shows I have skill?
What?

Much like the COD games, where all you had to do to level up is to play. A lot. Generally, when I see a Level 70 Prestige 10, I don't think "wow, they must be good at the game," I think "wow, they sure spend a lot of time in MW2."
I have been 60 10th prestige in MW2 for years, but not the way you would think. I am actually quite bad.

The answer come in one hyphenated word: B-Spec.

1241Penguin

What?

May be you level up on how clean you race, close to racing line, no contact, not going of track etc rather than time spent and winning first place.

May be you level up on how clean you race, close to racing line, no contact, not going of track etc rather than time spent and winning first place.
I think this is a great idea. Rather than having a fixed amount of XP per race, that XP could decrease every time you make a dirty move.

Also, still adhering to some time limit so you don't let all the cars pass you and then follow the race line like a tortoise. Perhaps staying close to the pack is important, finishing in the top 5 perhaps while still obeying those other rules in my previous post. Finishing first is the most xp of course and so on.

Dunno, just thinking out loud. Not sure how to word it. Someone jump in.

GT4's A-Spec points rewarded you for not using over powered cars. Using a X1 should earn you little to no points/EXP. Using an equal or even better an underpowered car compared to the competition should earn you alot of A-Spec points/EXP

Didn’t some older NFS games have a “clean lap/clean race” bonus? Why not add that here. No bumps or contact for a player (with a better penalty system) earns you a 200% bonus over all your winnings (and any other bonuses) or something. Or perhaps increases a “score” or something with earns you a “clean player” badge next to your name. Along with other possible badges, like people that win often (with some control to make sure there’s no cheating in small private rooms), etc.

I really hope to see PD ditch the XP/level system for GT6. It was the most annoying and uninspired aspect of GT5, IMO. It was way too restricting than the old system which was licenses and credits. Why do I have to be level 25 to do an endurance race even if I've got the S license? Why should I have to wait until level 23 or whatever it is for an Audi R10 when I have enough money? In past games I could buy any car, assuming I had enough credits, whenever I wanted. I could race in any series based on what licenses I had acquired. The thing about the XP system is it took forever to level up (until PD had that run of seasonals which awarded insane amounts of XP). Licenses can be bronzed in a short while, allowing the player to actually play the game and not endlessly grind just to level up.

If PD absolutely has to keep the level system, at least make it so that there are enough events in each level to level up without having to repeat any events.

BTW, I'm sure this has been discussed thousands of times, but it just kinda scares me when I see people basically expecting the level system to return. (The worst is when the levels are shown in those GT6 mock up menus.) :lol:

Well I think people want the leveling system to return, just not in the fashion it as used in GT5. I think most agree it was a bad idea to lock cars and events behind levels. I believe a much more reasonable way to lock events is behind percentage complete of the game along with licenses. But by 25% complete every event in the game should be available.

GT4 had the A-Spec points, but it makes much more sense to compile such points into a level based system rather then just accumulating them with no real sense of accomplishment that a leveling system could offer.

Even if levels didnt matter in offline gameplay they could still have a use. Bragging rights, restrictions for online rooms, etc. Of course this is only possible if the way you earn EXP for levels is changed so you dont earn a fixed XP amount every race, but like GT4 it depends on how tough the race is (how equally matched your car is to the AI)

Level should be increased to 100. Levels 70-100 should be as difficult to level up as levels 33-40 were in GT5. The progression should be much more balanced unlike GT5 were each level was a simple multiplication of the previous which meant it was too easy to level early but too hard to level late.

I didn't see it, I'm not much good at reading either so forgive me.

But I think Photomode for Standard models would be a good feature.

By this I mean, locations. I know you can take pictures on track but not the locations eg; Redbull Hanger etc.

I'll get grilled for mentioning this but I thought it was worth it anyway.

I didn't see it, I'm not much good at reading either so forgive me.

But I think Photomode for Standard models would be a good feature.

By this I mean, locations. I know you can take pictures on track but not the locations eg; Redbull Hanger etc.

I'll get grilled for mentioning this but I thought it was worth it anyway.

Why have standard at all?

PD could cement their place as the proper car 'showroom'/test driving simulator by:

1) Better clarification on the downforce settings of stock cars. Resulting in both the ability to view stock downforce values and the ability to adjust settings on cars they have forgotten like the Viper ACR.

2) Adjustable suspension on the ACR and other cars fitted as such. Also, simulation of the 'sport' mode on cars with adjustable dampers.

3) Make it so that all clocks and odometers work. Right now only about half the premos have either working (inconsistent). Same for oil pressure/turbo boost gauges and even the power bars on hybrids and electrics.

4) Better ability to choose interior colour/trim and the OEM wheel designs ala TDU1/2.

5) More simulation of other systems like Acura's SH-AWD, Nissan's ATTESA E-TS, Mclaren's special damper system, ABS-based LSDs or launch control even. Only Mitsu's AYC so far is simulated...

6) Double checking their premo models with real car photos and remodeling what is 'off' about them. It's always wheels or their placement and rarely the bodies that look 'off'. A couple cars look relatively low-poly though....

7) A basic page whenever a car is viewed with tyre size and body dimensions listed etc like Enthusia.

8) Something like Forza 4's Autovista mode with opening doors and active aero pieces moving etc.

These focus on improving the 'quality' of the premos rather than their count.

It's already possible to stall with the clutch. Just that the game restarts the engine automatically.

TYRES: When racing with tyrewear on, after they are done you should pay for a new couple. It shouldnt be infinite number of tires as soon as you buy "soft race" once.
Tire economy will be even more important.

CAR: Would be great if there was a filtersetting on "money" for how much you can spend in each race and for entering a race. As, entrycars may cost max 50.000cr incl. all upgrades.

CAR: New cars should have free service first 3000km as they normally get when you buy new car.

Service: Autoservice not just oilchange. That means you have to leave the car for a full service. Depending on milage different cost. And it should be away for a day so you wont be able to drive that car for 5-8 hours.

Menu: Check all cars you want to set on service so you dont have to choose a car first then go to maintanence and oilchange. Instead multichoose cars and via a new menu choose do service. If properly done then there should be even a sign that says if the car needs service.

Used car: Should be more risky to drive, engine/brakes/electronis failure more likely.

Graphic: Airbag should come out and be shown when driving roadcar and you hit something.

- Paying repeatedly for new tyre sets, Racing tyres must be way more expensive
- Race tyres which last at least 4 laps of nordschleife (softest compound) or use easy tyre compund mixer.
- used car dealers at each one manufacturer.
- Racing Modifications on 80% road cars at least. Or livery editor or both :)
- True race sessions either in lobby or Aspec (practice, quali, race). Could be limited either of laps, or just time.
- Championship creator
- Aspec as championships not single races
- Bspec as a part of Aspec.
- good chosen music in menus
- Normal tyres instead of 3 types of comforts, then sports, semi-slicks, racing (5 types - soft, medium, hard, super hard, enduro)

Last edited:
Back