Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
skazz,

when you go into the TM software, you can find lots of buttons to test various effects of the wheel. Do the buttons work when you click on anyone? They worked for me when I tested it right after I got the T300, but after a few days they don't work anymore. Only one still works, I think it is the one that simulates blown tyre. Clicking on any botton on the wheel doesn't work also (should trigger some effect). I already reinstalled the software, but that didn't change anything. Really strange.

Anyway, all the buttons and effects are working fine ingame though.

Damn. Everything is going south for us sim racers...

:scared:JUST BREATHE.. WOOO SAAA
WOOO SAAA

But the bright side is holidays coming up. Which means cheaper items to grab

Black friday, cyber monday, thanksgiving sale, christmas, new years. Wooooo!:bowdown:

Plus, project cars release march... t300rs going to be "cheaper by the dozen" WOOT WOOT!:cheers:

now that pcars is delayed... do yall really still want a t300 for ps4 or are some of yall waiting now? Not like driveclub is worth $400 imo....with no clutch and shifter support and it still half broken....but if you play on pc too and need an upgrade i can see getting t300 but just for ps4, it can wait now.

well i suppose there is the crew as well and if you still play gt6 on ps3 and need an upgrade.

I cancelled my order and am going to wait until the price comes down and when the TH8A and T3PA are finally available. I only want the T300 right now for manual shifting anyway and don't really need the T500. I don't have a PS4 yet and there's no games for it I want to play yet so I'll wait it out.

I too cancelled my Amazon order since I made the order the morning the wheel went on sale and they said it's out of stock on me. So I took my money to newegg.com where it says they are in stock. I also sprung for the 3 year replacement warranty (at the cost of 2 year warranty), just to be safe 👍

Jerome

Any sign of a sequential gearbox option on the horizon? :dopey: Or does that TH8A thingy have the technology to work this way.:boggled:

Hmm, I wonder if the clunk is reason enough for TM to accept a repair order. It doesn't affect the functionality of the wheel.
Yes, it is. TM support asked me to send them wheel base for adjustment after sending them my video.

Last edited:
I too cancelled my Amazon order since I made the order the morning the wheel went on sale and they said it's out of stock on me. So I took my money to newegg.com where it says they are in stock. I also sprung for the 3 year replacement warranty (at the cost of 2 year warranty), just to be safe 👍

Jerome

I may be doing the same thing, unfortunately. I still haven't received a shipping e-mail from Amazon but I haven't had them send me an e-mail saying it is out of stock and I won't be getting it either. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'll probably be ordering from Newegg as well. I'll be springing for the 3 year warranty too.

Can you elaborate on that? What is exactly better (or not so good)? What game(s) do you play?
Pedals any good?

I've been saying for a while that you guys with anything but a Fanatec CSW v2 are going to be impressed with the TX or T300 wheels. Both are fantastic if don't mind buying a different set of pedals. The FFB is considerably better than a G27 or even the T500.

I may be doing the same thing, unfortunately. I still haven't received a shipping e-mail from Amazon but I haven't had them send me an e-mail saying it is out of stock and I won't be getting it either. If I don't hear anything by tomorrow, I'll probably be ordering from Newegg as well. I'll be springing for the 3 year warranty too.

I wasn't ever told on the site that there was or wasn't stock until I chatted with an agent to drop my order from 2 wheels to 1. Once that happened, I saw a message like, Not Yet Shipped, we'll let you know when the order ships. So I then chat with them again and then they told me I was SOL. I was like, 'whaaa! I ordered it the morning it was available!' Lame-sauce. So the moral of the story is, we don't know how much stock they have and you won't know you won't be getting it until it may be too late.

EDIT: Newegg shipped my wheel!
running-around-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jerome

Last edited:
I wasn't ever told on the site that there was or wasn't stock until I chatted with an agent to drop my order from 2 wheels to 1. Once that happened, I saw a message like, Not Yet Shipped, we'll let you know when the order ships. So I then chat with them again and then they told me I was SOL. I was like, 'whaaa! I ordered it the morning it was available!' Lame-sauce. So the moral of the story is, we don't know how much stock they have and you won't know you won't be getting it until it may be too late.

EDIT: Newegg shipped my wheel!
running-around-smiley-emoticon.gif

Jerome

Unfortunately Amazon still had my wheel as "Not yet Shipped" with a delivery estimate of the 21st. Doubting that they'd actually be able to do that I called them and the customer service representative informed me that they have extremely low stock and they actually didn't know when it would ship. So, I cancelled my order with Amazon and I bought it from Newegg as well. Since Amazon taxes online purchases in Kentucky my order with shipping was going to be something like $422 with no warranty, Newegg doesn't collcet tax (apparently) so the wheel with shipping and a 3 year warranty was only $464. Not bad, especially since if I have any problems in 3 years I know I can get it replaced.

So, thank you kind sir for showing me the Newegg link, I appreciate it.

Canceled pre-order. Realized I have no time till 2015 anyway, maybe I can catch a holiday deal or wait for launch problems to smooth out.

Can you elaborate on that? What is exactly better (or not so good)? What game(s) do you play?
Pedals any good?

Predominately GT6 on PS3, force feed back is stronger, smoother, and heaps more quiet. The pedals are as a comparison halfway between DFGT and G27. I am currently looking at third party pedal solutions like a Ricmotech adapter and my G27 pedals, or a Basher adapter and Fanatec CSR Elites.

I am yet to try it on PC but I have a feeling it will be just as good if not better.

The wheels footprint on my rig is no more than what my G27 was but considerably heavier, I have an Obutto oZone so this doesn't cause any issue.

I had one 'heart attack" moment when I first plugged it in and ran some laps, and noticed my wheel was off by 2-3 degrees, did a reboot etc... no fix, googled and found the Thrustmaster wheel centring procedure on their support site, along with some other handy links: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=3&fid=15&pid=377&cid=6

A few clicks of some buttons later and I had my wheel all centred up, I will plug into pc today and do updates etc on there.

I have not seen a solution to use the G25 shifter with this wheel. Possible? I would really like to use its sequential shift mode.

Black friday, cyber monday, thanksgiving sale, christmas, new years. Wooooo!:bowdown:

Plus, project cars release march... t300rs going to be "cheaper by the dozen" WOOT WOOT!:cheers:

Highly doubt there will be any price drop until well after GT7 releases. The T500RS is basically still selling new for the same as it did 3 years ago.. :boggled:

Highly doubt there will be any price drop until well after GT7 releases. The T500RS is basically still selling new for the same as it did 3 years ago.. :boggled:

Last year black friday t500rs was for $375 US dollars at best buy. I had my g27 at the time. I wouldve bought a few and sold em myself for 500 per box. I wouldve made cash $$$$, but didn't care at the time. Now I am waiting til price drop. If it's 10$ drop I still would buy lol

Edit: I keep up with my sales lol gotta beat the system price tags man. Ahaha

I've been lucky enough to have the wheel for a while now (order it on day 1 from Thrustmaster's UK shop). Haven't had any issues until now, but I've recently noticed one strange thing.

When I turn off my console (mostly playing F1 2014 on the PS3 for now). My wheel will spin all the way left, and then all the way right. Basically, it leaves itself with the wheel rim upside down, all the way to the right.

It used to center itself when I turned it off until recently. Not sure why it's suddenly changed. I haven't updated the firmware since.

I'm just waiting for the T3PA to become available, or to take the plunge and buy the CPX and the CSR Elites (presume that all works fine with the console, in theory it should because it seems to be seamless, but has anyone actually done this?). The stock pedals are ok, but I can feel their limitations already (and this is my first wheel for a long, long time).

My Thrustmaster (T500) PS3 experience: It spins up and centers when you switch the PS3 on, it spins up and centers again when you enter a game. If you exit the game back to the PS3 menu it spins up and centers. If you switch off the PS3 directly from within game it spins round and ends up almost completely turned to the right.

It does this every time the same for me.

I'm just waiting for the T3PA to become available, or to take the plunge and buy the CPX and the CSR Elites (presume that all works fine with the console, in theory it should because it seems to be seamless, but has anyone actually done this?). The stock pedals are ok, but I can feel their limitations already (and this is my first wheel for a long, long time).

I use the CSR Elites and CPX adapter with my Thrustmaster TX on PC and consoles. Works great.

Guys,

which pedals are better in yiur opinion. CSR Elites or Clubsports V2? Of course along with T300 RS. I am waiting for CPX adapter almost for two months and cant finally wait to test it.

can somebody confirm if this is right or not , my wheel is coming and iam trying to gather as much info as i can
I've been lucky enough to have the wheel for a while now (order it on day 1 from Thrustmaster's UK shop). Haven't had any issues until now, but I've recently noticed one strange thing.

When I turn off my console (mostly playing F1 2014 on the PS3 for now). My wheel will spin all the way left, and then all the way right. Basically, it leaves itself with the wheel rim upside down, all the way to the right.

It used to center itself when I turned it off until recently. Not sure why it's suddenly changed. I haven't updated the firmware since.

My Thrustmaster (T500) PS3 experience: It spins up and centers when you switch the PS3 on, it spins up and centers again when you enter a game. If you exit the game back to the PS3 menu it spins up and centers. If you switch off the PS3 directly from within game it spins round and ends up almost completely turned to the right.

It does this every time the same for me.

Guys,

which pedals are better in yiur opinion. CSR Elites or Clubsports V2? Of course along with T300 RS. I am waiting for CPX adapter almost for two months and cant finally wait to test it.

Elites have had less issues, and imo offer more bang for your buck.

Jerome

its fine my t300 does this and im sure my previous one did it too. i think the ps3 cuts the power before it can do it full calibration.....

Back