Thrustmaster T300RS Racing Wheel Thread

Are the stock pedals good enough or do you use something else?

• Yes, stock pedals are good enough

Votes: 111 33.9%
  • No, I use Thrustmaster TP3A or third-party pedals

Votes: 216 66.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The T300 has been out for a month... Obviously long term reliability of the wheel itself is unclear. However, it shares 99% of the internals with the TX. The initial batch of TX wheels had some issues but it looks like things are ok now, don't see many TX issues popping up on forums.

Whether a T300/TX would last as well as the G25 is anyone's guess, of course.. The oldest TX with it's belts and brushless motors is just over 1 year. The T500 has a similar belt drive and those brushed motors and belts seem to be going fine after 3-4 years though.

As for the future: clearly Thrustmaster now has the TX and T300 wheels as their mainstream console FFB options. The T500 sits in a strange place, costing more, better pedals, but older tech. There's a chance Thrustmaster will release a revised T500 with brushless motors for GT7, but there's also a chance the T500 will simply be discontinued. A new wheel in the T300 price class within the next 2-3 years seems very unlikely.

As it happens I purchased my T300 to replace a G25 from early 2008 which still functions great. The T300 is a significant upgrade, as I discussed a couple of times earlier in this thread.

Thanks for the reply 👍 Sorry, I thought the T300 has been out for a few months already :P Good to know that the T500 seems to have good long term reliability though.

I'm wondering is if anyone has opened their T300 yet and looked at the internals? The G25 internals, although mostly plastic, is pretty simple so there's less chance for things to go wrong (besides the optical encoder I mentioned). I'm worried that the belts and brushless motors being new technology might have an unknown long term reliability. Judging from the price you'd hope that they have an impeccable build quality, but you never know...

I'm hoping that they might re-release the T300 with better pedals and shifter straight from the box by the time GT7 rolls out, preferably in the price range between the current T300 and T500. That would be a good deal I think. Currently if I'm to purchase the T300 I'd also need to buy the Ricmotech pedal adapter so I can use my G25 pedals (which still functions perfectly).

Internals are very similar to the TX: http://www.isrtv.com/forums/topic/13161-thrustmaster-tx-fan-replacement/
The fan is smaller than his after-market one and mounted vertically, and the kinect LED at the top isn't present.

There are two belts which you can't really see in his pictures (they are visible front right of the wheel base, he is showing the rest of the base), depiction here: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61vaIdh1VGL.jpg

The wheel shaft is metal, with a metal case and then a plastic shell around that. You can only see the plastic shell (with the cabling entering the back) on those photos, but I can't find any better pictures online.

Forgot to say: The Thrustmaster wheels use HALL sensors, so should not have issues with encoders breaking... At least as I understand it.

Guys,

anyone with TH8A shifter for T300? I would like to one now as reseller has a good price. I am gaming only on PS4 and I know I can't use it with DriveClub as it is not supported on this game (only T300 RS paddles works). And Project Cars has been postponed :(

Anyway I am considering buying TH8A right now as I want to have my whell stand completely ready :)

Do you experiencing any potential issues with shifter? Is there any Windows app where I can test if it works (shifting) properly? (I don't want to install any PC games).

Thank you in advance.

Jiri

Do you experiencing any potential issues with shifter? Is there any Windows app where I can test if it works (shifting) properly? (I don't want to install any PC games).Jiri
Step 1: Install the driver, update the firmware: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=319&cid=15
Step 2: Install the calibration tool http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=319&cid=5
Tighten up H-pattern to your liking to make gears engagement more positive.

As you can see from the pictures, you can calibrate and tweak the shifter with the application, no need to actually run games on your PC to do so.

Step 1: Install the driver, update the firmware: http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=319&cid=15
Step 2: Install the calibration tool http://ts.thrustmaster.com/eng/index.php?pg=view_files&gid=1&fid=2&pid=319&cid=5
Tighten up H-pattern to your liking to make gears engagement more positive.

As you can see from the pictures, you can calibrate and tweak the shifter with the application, no need to actually run games on your PC to do so.

Thanks a lot!

Can somebody tell me how much space is needed below the desk when I mount the T300 to a desk? My keyboard slides underneath the desk and I'm afraid I cannot slide the keyboard in anymore when the T300 is mounted. Or maybe there is even too little room between desk and slider to mount the T300 at all. Can anybody give me some measurements?

Hi i hav ordered a t300 & managed 2 get A set of unused t500 pedals. I know its compatible with ps4 its just im not that knowledgable when it comes 2 pc. Now when my t300 arrives will i just be able 2 connect 2 ps4 & play? Also with updates is it absolutely necessary

Hi i hav ordered a t300 & managed 2 get A set of unused t500 pedals. I know its compatible with ps4 its just im not that knowledgable when it comes 2 pc. Now when my t300 arrives will i just be able 2 connect 2 ps4 & play? Also with updates is it absolutely necessary
yes, plug&play ,even with the t500rs pedals 👍

I don't know exactly ,I check the thrustmaster HP once a month and do any update thats available , even if they are not needed , I think I miss something if the wheel is not up-to-date .
I guess other members here can tell you if the updates are necessary .

I'm having a problem calibating my T300 pedals. Does the PC check inputs window calibrate or let you calibrate set points ?

I'm having a problem calibating my T300 pedals. Does the PC check inputs window calibrate or let you calibrate set points ?
As I mentioned, the pedals auto calibrate. If you push the brake 50% then it assumes that is full range. If you later push the brake 78% it assumes that is full range, if you then finally after using the pedals for an hour push the brake to 100% then it will recalculate again and assume this new maximum value is full range.

Normally you just need to press each pedal fully once after the wheel has spun up, it calibrates fully and you are sorted. If you want less travel, put something in the way of the pedal, calibrate it to this shorter distance, sorted.

I'm guessing G27 pedals can't be plugged into the T300 like you can with Fanatecs...? Any way I could splice my G27 pedals in?

I'm guessing G27 pedals can't be plugged into the T300 like you can with Fanatecs...? Any way I could splice my G27 pedals in?

I believe the Ricmotech adapter works on the T300 as well as the T500. I received my adapter a few days ago to use my G27 pedals on my T500,works perfect. Finally get to enjoy my GTeye brake spring again! They are stickied at the top on the page. Check them out.

Well now my Amazon pre-order doesn't have a delivery date with it. It just changed.:odd:

I think Amazon sold all their T300 wheels to their reseller first, because for a while there when the wheel was out of stock, you could buy it from a few resellers for $500+ :lol: So much for putting the customer first, Amazon.

Jerome

I think Amazon sold all their T300 wheels to their reseller first, because for a while there when the wheel was out of stock, you could buy it from a few resellers for $500+ :lol: So much for putting the customer first, Amazon.

Jerome
Ya it pushed me into picking something else up anyways. Or at least to put it on order.:lol:

I received my t300 on Friday, happy as Larry. It didn't take long to discover that there was a fairly large dead zone in the pedals, especially the accelerator. Tried all the recommended methods of calibration and updating the firmware with no success. Back to Amazon it goes!

Did anybody who had this issue find a fix?

My pedals are working fine (I've ordered the CPX to enable me to use my Fanatec Elites anyway - just waiting for it now!) but the clunk in my wheel is really starting to p*ss me off. I know skazz and a couple of other people here have mentioned that they have been experiencing it also on theirs. I'm taking it back to get it replaced. For a wheel that cost me NZD799, I'm not happy with it 'clunking' all the way around Bathurst.

My pedals are working fine (I've ordered the CPX to enable me to use my Fanatec Elites anyway - just waiting for it now!) but the clunk in my wheel is really starting to p*ss me off. I know skazz and a couple of other people here have mentioned that they have been experiencing it also on theirs. I'm taking it back to get it replaced. For a wheel that cost me NZD799, I'm not happy with it 'clunking' all the way around Bathurst.
yes absolutely, the clunk is clearly an RMA issue. Sorry to hear you have it too. It seems like the first batch of every new wheel manages to have issues: I had hoped that the T300 would be a slightly improved TX with no teething troubles, so of course that wasn't the case :)

I don't recall more than a tiny deadzone on my T300's accelerator, sounds potentially like an issue there.

Ah well, in my case it just means that while waiting for my replacement T300 I'm finally spending serious time with my T500 on PC sims, and growing more and more fond of it as a result. Now if only the T3PA and TH8A would show up for sale here somewhere...... :(

yes absolutely, the clunk is clearly an RMA issue. Sorry to hear you have it too. It seems like the first batch of every new wheel manages to have issues: I had hoped that the T300 would be a slightly improved TX with no teething troubles, so of course that wasn't the case :)

I don't recall more than a tiny deadzone on my T300's accelerator, sounds potentially like an issue there.

Ah well, in my case it just means that while waiting for my replacement T300 I'm finally spending serious time with my T500 on PC sims, and growing more and more fond of it as a result. Now if only the T3PA and TH8A would show up for sale here somewhere...... :(

Did you send it back direct to Thrustmaster or the retailer you purchased it from? And did they indicate to you if they would repair or replace outright? I tried to ignore it but it seems that the more I do, the more I notice it! If the replacement does this also, I'll be gutted.

my pedals are bad also , brake pedal only goes to 1/4 waiting for TM for what to do next .

real close to opening up the pedals and see what's wrong ,but i will wait for TM

Last edited:
Hi guys,
is someone of you ,with an T300 base + a T500 base, so kind to compare if the static paddles from the T500 fits into the holes from the T300?
I openend the T300 base and the wires for the paddles are already there, I just don't know if the paddles will fit, because I sold my T500 before trying.
You don't have to try it out, guessing is enough for me :sly:
I can't wait for the long announced static paddles mod and I could get the T500 paddles with, all parts needed, dead cheap.
thanks in advance.

Hi guys,
is someone of you ,with an T300 base + a T500 base, so kind to compare if the static paddles from the T500 fits into the holes from the T300?
I openend the T300 base and the wires for the paddles are already there, I just don't know if the paddles will fit, because I sold my T500 before trying.
You don't have to try it out, guessing is enough for me :sly:
I can't wait for the long announced static paddles mod and I could get the T500 paddles with, all parts needed, dead cheap.
thanks in advance.

"but you can fit the Base Fixed Paddle Shifters kit if you prefer static paddles"

as seen in this article here: https://www.teamvvv.com/en/news/com...e-first-official-force-feedback-wheel-for-PS4

"The T300 RS is also compatible with the Base Fixed Paddle Shifters kit* (allowing users to install stationary paddle shifters on the wheel’s base)"

And here: http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_UK/press/t300-rs-first-official-force-feedback-wheel-playstation-4

Thanks 👍, I'm aware of these articles, but there are no informations about a release or availability of this static shifter kit for the T300.
thats why I want to know if the T500 maybe will fit.

Latest Posts

Back